The JVC HA-S500 thread.
May 24, 2013 at 9:03 PM Post #6,556 of 8,352
Or we could all go in there and vote for Beats just to piss everyone off.
evil_smiley.gif

May 24, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #6,557 of 8,352
Quote:
After changing my review on comfort, the JVC HA-S500s are now the 13th best on ear headphones. If someone else could give them another good review, we could get them in the top 10! Come on guys, go do it!

naw...s400 gets my vote

May 24, 2013 at 11:40 PM Post #6,559 of 8,352
i've done little mods on both

May 25, 2013 at 2:30 AM Post #6,562 of 8,352
Quote:
I'm getting some S400s soon so I'll let you know if you're right
wink.gif

I'm gonna have to try them out sometime...maybe they'll be a birthday gift to myself, like the S500s were last year.
biggrin.gif

May 25, 2013 at 3:14 AM Post #6,563 of 8,352
if you listen to bass heavy music the s500 is probably for you...if you like something a little more balanced than try the s400

May 25, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #6,564 of 8,352
Quote:
if you listen to bass heavy music the s500 is probably for you...if you like something a little more balanced than try the s400

If I had know these even existed before I ordered, I would have gone with them, actually...

These s500s have more bass then I need, making it very hard to listen to dubstep for long listening sessions. For everything else these are non-fatiguing completely. A very slight reduction in EQ makes these great though.

Edit: Which pads would decrease bass some and also make them more comfy?

May 25, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #6,565 of 8,352
If I had know these even existed before I ordered, I would have gone with them, actually...

These s500s have more bass then I need, making it very hard to listen to dubstep for long listening sessions. For everything else these are non-fatiguing completely. A very slight reduction in EQ makes these great though.

Edit: Which pads would decrease bass some and also make them more comfy?

Had been said many times already... AT WS55 :wink:

May 25, 2013 at 4:22 AM Post #6,566 of 8,352
Where would I buy those? Sadly they aren't on Amazon
redface.gif

Also, my current EQ is improving all the music way more. Maybe its just because its after 3 in the morning, but all my music is very calming with this EQ. I like it.
Edit: Female vocals are so much better with this EQ. Somehow... Its such a small EQ change!

My current S500 EQ makes Small Two of Pieces just slightly less moving as on the 280s EQ. So close!

May 25, 2013 at 4:24 AM Post #6,567 of 8,352
Where would I buy those? Sadly they aren't on Amazon :xf_eek:

Also, my current EQ is improving all the music way more. Maybe its just because its after 3 in the morning, but all my music is very calming with this EQ. I like it.

You need to contact AT service.

Go on their site and write them an email.

May 25, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #6,568 of 8,352
UHHH. So I just tore off my HD 201s pads off, since they've been broken for years (kept them because they were my first "good" headphones.)

I wondered what would happen if I put these pads on my ears, and the put the S500s on top of that...

These are the most comfortable headphones I've ever experienced in my life. Pillows don't even begin to describe it. No sound change from what I can tell, either. Looks incredibly goofy, though.

I don't know if I need new pads with this for home use... Man, does this feel comfy
biggrin.gif

I want to sleep with them on, but I'm scared I'll break them...

Edit: plus, no change in sound!
There's a very slight amount of muffling going on. It took my 8 back and forths to hear it. Almost imperceptible. There must be something else changing the sound as well, because piano is more enjoyable with the extra pads... Like, more enjoyable then on my 280s. That's crazy.
Also, these make yours ears get a little bit hotter over time. Nothing uncomfortable, though.

Edit2: Woo, you guy did it! These are now on the first page of the on ear headphones list.

May 25, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #6,570 of 8,352
'These s500s have more bass then I need, making it very hard to listen to dubstep for long listening sessions.'

OH COME ON! Who listens to dubstep and goes, darn I wish these wubs weren't as wubby! :confused_face(1):

+1

I didin't get that comment either lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back