The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
Apr 23, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #2,972 of 3,535
Would you guys think FX850 is an upgrade from ie 80? I need an IEM with better mids...
Mostly certainly is a upgrade. The 850 is better at everything by quite a bit. I have two pair of ie80's and haven't used either one since I've gotten the 850's.

Apr 23, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #2,973 of 3,535
Is any one having a fit issues with these? i just got these yesterday..and I am finding it really hard for these earphones to stay in my ears. i tried the medium and large tips but no significant change..When ever i move my head they just pop out of the ears..Any suggestions to deal with this problem?

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #2,974 of 3,535
  Is any one having a fit issues with these? i just got these yesterday..and I am finding it really hard for these earphones to stay in my ears. i tried the medium and large tips but no significant change..When ever i move my head they just pop out of the ears..Any suggestions to deal with this problem?

I had the same problem and tried several different ear bud tips. I ended up with Sony Hybrids. They are perfect now.

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:20 PM Post #2,977 of 3,535
  They come in a pack with several sizes, so you should be able to find something that works for you. I got mine on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429820112&sr=8-1&keywords=sony+hybrid+eartips

Thanks again, Just curious...do they stay in your ear with the sony tips while you are walking? I think the size of the earphone might also be an issue here..

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:25 PM Post #2,978 of 3,535
They are snug. I know how you feel, but most of what you are dealing with is the ear bud tips. The other thing I did was upgrade the cables to the Linum Bax which are super light. With those 2 upgrades, I can barely tell the ear buds are there. 

With this setup, I use them while bike riding with no issues.

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #2,979 of 3,535
  They are snug. I know how you feel, but most of what you are dealing with is the ear bud tips. The other thing I did was upgrade the cables to the Linum Bax which are super light. With those 2 upgrades, I can barely tell the ear buds are there. 

With this setup, I use them while bike riding with no issues.

Thanks for all your suggestions..
smile.gif

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #2,980 of 3,535

Try them with cable over the ears, some people get a better fit that way.

Apr 23, 2015 at 6:59 PM Post #2,981 of 3,535

I`m demoing the UM Maverick tomorrow, it`s dynamic + 4BA 10-driver hybrid.  Not sure if it`s available outside of Japan.  I love their Mason, so I have high hopes for the Maverick.  Isn`t that T-PEOS a hybrid?  I want to try more hybrids. 

I live with the DN2K- they`re fantastic.  They`re not the 850, but they`re not worse in any way (except bass detail, and every other iem is worse in bass detail compared to the 850), just different, and they isolate, which is the dealbreaker for me and the woodies (lots of subways and noise pollution here).  I had the FX1100 but just couldn`t get into them, still don`t understand what JVC was going for with them.  I know some headfiers swear by the modded FX1100 . . .   

Shame you have problems with isolation with the FX850. I am somehow gifted to have a pair of ears that comfortably fits and isolates well with most IEMs I've tried. My gripe with the FX850 is that they leak sound a lot from the back vent.

Apr 23, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #2,983 of 3,535

You need Spinfits - I`ve never found anything that seals as well, especially with heavier IEMs like the 850 and 1100.  

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #2,984 of 3,535
Medium tips from Phillips SHE-3595 works well for me also, as they give a deep, yet supporting fit on my ears. Feels like the tips distribute most of the bulky weight of my 850 towards the canal rather than outside.

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:27 PM Post #2,985 of 3,535
I think you use the tips that came with it and get the linum bax cable! The cable is so light and does pull on your ears. Take the cable off and put the buds in your ears and see if they still fall out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back