The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
May 5, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #811 of 3,535
epicccccc on my dt770/600ohm 

Gotten a reply from amazonjp in Latin script....
Assuring me the earthquake won't affect the dispatch, or something to tat effect.:D

May 6, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #812 of 3,535
I just recieved my fx850s, as well as a pair of MDR-MA900s I got repaired.  So far I'm liking the sound, big for an IEM but not quite as big as my Sonys. I'll probably post impressions later, maybe a detailed comparison between my MA900 and my FX850. If anything, their midranges are quite similar, tho the 850 clearly has better bass in all aspects, speed, decay, extension, quantity and even texture. 

May 7, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #815 of 3,535
Looks like a lot of people have jumped on to buying the FX850s.  I purchased them at ~$400 shipped several weeks back, and I've got to say, even at that higher price tag it's been worth every penny. For those that picked them up for ~$300, thats an absolute steal!  

I would recommend trying the J444 mod that was mentioned earlier in this thread for those who haven't tried it yet.  I've been using TF10 tips plus J444 mod and it tames the bass down a notch and balances out the spectrum a bit as a result, especially during the earlier stages of burn-in.  It doesn't take very long to do (probably took me 5 minutes at most) and is completely reversible so long as you have some spare tips lying around to sacrifice.  The FX850 sounds great out of the DX90, but it's completely sublime out of the headphone out of a loaner Anedio D2 unit that I've had for the past 2 weeks.  I didn't know that kind of soundstage was possible in an IEM.   I can see the FX850 keeping me happy for a long time- less time perusing FOTM threads and my wallet can finally put some flesh on its bones :)  #winning 
o2smile.gif

May 7, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #816 of 3,535
Can someone compare this to the T-Peos H300? I heard both of these have amazing bass.

Thanks

May 7, 2014 at 6:18 AM Post #818 of 3,535
Looks like a lot of people have jumped on to buying the FX850s.  I purchased them at ~$400 shipped several weeks back, and I've got to say, even at that higher price tag it's been worth every penny. For those that picked them up for ~$300, thats an absolute steal!  

I would recommend trying the J444 mod that was mentioned earlier in this thread for those who haven't tried it yet.  I've been using TF10 tips plus J444 mod and it tames the bass down a notch and balances out the spectrum a bit as a result, especially during the earlier stages of burn-in.  It doesn't take very long to do (probably took me 5 minutes at most) and is completely reversible so long as you have some spare tips lying around to sacrifice.  The FX850 sounds great out of the DX90, but it's completely sublime out of the headphone out of a loaner Anedio D2 unit that I've had for the past 2 weeks.  I didn't know that kind of soundstage was possible in an IEM.   I can see the FX850 keeping me happy for a long time- less time perusing FOTM threads and my wallet can finally put some flesh on it's bones :)  #winning :o2smile:

Thanks for your thoughts dwong. Also to Dsnut and those who mentioned it in their posts, I have them on pre order and should receive them mid May.

Specifically about the synergy with DX90 which I would pick up very soon. DX90 was a really good match with my SE846 when I audition it and glad that my incoming 850 will mate well with it.

May 7, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #819 of 3,535
  I just recieved my fx850s, as well as a pair of MDR-MA900s I got repaired.  So far I'm liking the sound, big for an IEM but not quite as big as my Sonys. I'll probably post impressions later, maybe a detailed comparison between my MA900 and my FX850. If anything, their midranges are quite similar, tho the 850 clearly has better bass in all aspects, speed, decay, extension, quantity and even texture. 

very interested in the comparison, had my eyes on the MA900 for a while because I like the open and light design but never managed to buy them

May 7, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #821 of 3,535
Yeah, having not heard the HD600 I can't say whether or not the MA900 is worth the current price of around 300$, but I can tell you it doesn't fall too far behind the FX850. I'll be doing a song by song comparison in my review of both, which I'll probably do friday or saturday if I don't forget. 
darthsmile.gif
 for now I'm in a state of bliss from having two really great headphones at once.

May 8, 2014 at 5:38 AM Post #822 of 3,535
Hd600/650 are milestone-phones a headfier must pass thru at least once in his lifetime...
Otherwise his headfi life is incomplete.:D

May 8, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #823 of 3,535
From what I read, owners of H300 say the bass/sub bass are amazing but the meds are slightly recessed and there is a peak in 6-9K causing a little sibilance. 
I had both, and pretty much agree. The peak didnt bother me, the bass is just as good but maybe a touch tighter than 850, and a little faster. I dont even think the mids were recessed, but just were there, nothing special. Overall h300 is nice, equals jvc in bass, but lacks everything else compared directly to 850s.

May 8, 2014 at 12:25 PM Post #825 of 3,535
Hd600/650 are milestone-phones a headfier must pass thru at least once in his lifetime...
Otherwise his headfi life is incomplete.:D

I owned a hd650 for two months. I hated them. The bass was too sloppy for me. The bass on the fx850 is better to me IMHO. It's deeper and faster.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back