The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
May 4, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #737 of 3,535

Well, look what I've found, an entire story of how these diaphragms were made. These are for speakers, but I suspect the same technique were used for the IEMs too.

http://www.jvc.eu/woodcone/story/index.html

Wood soaked in sake eh?

That's very cool! I wonder what they mean by the 3 "stamping"... If it is actually three thin layers of wood or just one layer stamped three times.
Having three layers of wood would definitely make the dome very stable... just like a three ply drum shell as opposed to one ply steam bent (I used to make custom drums hence my interest in the wood dome)
If it is 3 ply dome, it all makes much more sense now, Cheers to sake and JVC! 

May 4, 2014 at 3:31 AM Post #738 of 3,535
I don't know how to purchase it, it's all in Japanese!  
confused.gif
 Can somebody kindly post a link that is in English with the low price?

May 4, 2014 at 3:35 AM Post #743 of 3,535
  Amazon? 
confused.gif

Yes, amazon.co.jp

Guys, the prices are on amazon.jp right now. If you haven't yet, register for a Tenso account, complete their confirmation process then just follow their instructions on how to input their warehouse address in Amazon.jp. Both sites have translated English version.

May 4, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #746 of 3,535
  It won't let me logon to purchase, it's Amazon.jp, it's only for Japanese customers.

I added something else to my post. You'll need Tenso, but even then, it's cheaper than what I paid for for the phones alone.

May 4, 2014 at 3:47 AM Post #748 of 3,535
Weird. I'm signed up for Tenso. Tried to enter my new "address" and amazon keeps telling me that it is invalid or something. The problem is that the Tenso guide for amazon.jp isn't up to date. what I see is not the same as the guide.

May 4, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #749 of 3,535
Tenso is a mail forwarder. If you set up an account with them they will provide you with a physical address in Japan, which is nothing but their warehouse address.
This address you can use in Amazon Japan. You get Amazon to deliver to this address and pay Tenso to forward the parcel to you, wherever you are.

May 4, 2014 at 3:50 AM Post #750 of 3,535
  Tenso is a mail forwarder. If you set up an account with them they will provide you with a physical address in Japan, which is nothing but their warehouse address.
This address you can use in Amazon Japan. You get Amazon to deliver to this address and pay Tenso to forward the parcel to you, wherever you are.

http://www.tenso.com/en/  this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back