The JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review)
May 6, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #3,046 of 3,535
  How about a comparison of 850 vs 13fp ?

I think both of them are too different to be compared against one another. The 13FP has a smaller, less open-sounding headstage but lends a musically aggressive midrange and the tautness within the imaging which gives an addictive, unique 'crunch' to it. Whereas the 850s doesn't sounds as "concentrated" as the 13FPs and leans on the smoother side of the spectrum but has a more open and consistently natural sound overall.

I will continue to keep both as the polarizing qualities between their sound presentation makes them a nice compliment over one another. =)

Cheers
beerchug.gif

May 6, 2015 at 3:36 PM Post #3,047 of 3,535
Amazon.jp have the FX750 and FX850 at a $40 difference. Hmmm, I'm really wanting to try one, but not sure what to buy. I've read they have much different sound signatures. Can anyone say which one sounds like Dunu DN1000, Fidue A83, Vsonic GR07BE, which I have already tried. I am currently using GR07BE and Zero Audio Tenore.

May 6, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #3,048 of 3,535
  Amazon.jp have the FX750 and FX850 at a $40 difference. Hmmm, I'm really wanting to try one, but not sure what to buy. I've read they have much different sound signatures. Can anyone say which one sounds like Dunu DN1000, Fidue A83, Vsonic GR07BE, which I have already tried. I am currently using GR07BE and Zero Audio Tenore.

I owned the 850's and they don't sound anything like the above mentioned phones. Haven't tried the 750's yet.

May 6, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #3,049 of 3,535

Buy the FX850 simply for the replaceable cable which is what goes wrong with IEMs. As for sound, they both are some of the best IEMs.

May 6, 2015 at 9:09 PM Post #3,051 of 3,535

I owned the 850's and they don't sound anything like the above mentioned phones. Haven't tried the 750's yet.

The 850s don`t sound like anything that I have tried, and they sound better than almost everything I`ve tried.  I wouldn`t bother with the 750; being able to cable roll is priceless.  

May 7, 2015 at 12:36 AM Post #3,053 of 3,535
Hi there,

Does anyone know how the Spinfit eartips fit with these woodies?

Cheers.

No please don't get spin fit it's wil made the 850 transparent sound become recessed mid become forward clarity lower by at least 40% instruments became lifeless and soulless Not recommended to use

May 7, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #3,054 of 3,535
Hi there,

Cheers.

Beautifully.  These are the Japanese Spinfits by Sarounbi - for my ears, seal is excellent; bass detail and soundstage increase.  The Spirals are also good, but for me the Spinfits take it to another level, for comfort and SQ. 

May 7, 2015 at 3:01 AM Post #3,055 of 3,535
Buy the FX850 simply for the replaceable cable which is what goes wrong with IEMs. As for sound, they both are some of the best IEMs.

The 850s don`t sound like anything that I have tried, and they sound better than almost everything I`ve tried.  I wouldn`t bother with the 750; being able to cable roll is priceless.  

Not trying to be argumentative just some food for thought... 

yellojello: I think you are better off demoing them and choosing the pair that sound best to you and feel the most comfortable.  The FX850s are much larger and more heavy than the FX750s... noticeably so in smaller ears.  Actually, in my case after reading rave reviews I had gone in to buy the FX1200s but after demoing the entire FX Woody Line I ended up preferring the FX750s (by a lot) and for many different reasons (sound quality; comfort/size/weight; listening volume; etc.).  One strong plus of having the fixed cable is that it is very light weight and affords optimal over-the-ear usage.  If one is mindful and takes care a fixed cord should last the life of the iems really.

The only problems I ever did have with iem cables were actually with the replaceable cords on my Shure SE215s and SE215LTDs.. twice the MMCX connectors went bad on the stock cables but once replaced I never had a problem again (strange, but true).  I am very OCD (comes with the job) so extremely careful with my belongings and just chalked it up to bad luck... never happened again with my Shure SE535LTD-Js.

Well back to my lane.  Respects,

May 7, 2015 at 3:13 AM Post #3,056 of 3,535
I would rather a good fixed cable than a removable mmcx cable personally, don't like the durability of mmcx. While I can hear differences between cables I usually prefer the sound of the stock cable compared to so called "upgrade" cables. I currently have the fx750 and fx1100, I like the fx750 better with the majority of my dap's, but recently acquired a new dap (Teac p90sd) which pairs ridiculously well with the fx1100, so its my new fav pairing, hehe. I find the stock tips to be fine also, they do smooth out the sound a bit, but in a nice way. If you crave as much detail as possible then any good quality silicone wide bore tip will provide that.

May 7, 2015 at 4:16 AM Post #3,057 of 3,535
Hi there,

Cheers.

No please don't get spin fit it's wil made the 850 transparent sound become recessed mid become forward clarity lower by at least 40% instruments became lifeless and soulless Not recommended to use

I concur, the Spinfits (Japanese version by Sarounbi) are not a good match for the JVCs, since they muddy the sound signature.

Beautifully.  These are the Japanese Spinfits by Sarounbi - for my ears, seal is excellent; bass detail and soundstage increase.  The Spirals are also good, but for me the Spinfits take it to another level, for comfort and SQ. 

I don't have a problem with differing opinions, but for the sake of transparency (excuse the pun), shouldn't you mention that you're selling these tips on ebay?
rolleyes.gif

May 7, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #3,058 of 3,535
Transparency?  

Yes, and the reason I`m selling them on Ebay (and right here too, folks!) is that they are awesome, with every IEM I have tried them on.  And they are awesome with the 850 as well, for me.  

But thanks anyway for the plug. 

d

May 7, 2015 at 6:44 AM Post #3,059 of 3,535
  Transparency?  

Yes, and the reason I`m selling them on Ebay (and right here too, folks!) is that they are awesome, with every IEM I have tried them on.  And they are awesome with the 850 as well, for me.  

But thanks anyway for the plug. 

d

Well, personally I think they're the exact opposite of awesome. But that's not the point, and like I said I don't have a problem with you thinking differently.

However, you obviously have a commercial interest in hyping the Spinfits and I believe people should be aware of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back