The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jun 19, 2022 at 7:04 PM Post #20,371 of 22,443
Deleted.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 4:43 AM Post #20,372 of 22,443
Hello TC-philes,

I just wanted to report back that as my superconductor cable burns in, the TC has become quite an all-rounder of a headphone.

I was very nit-picky about how the TC did vocals but damn, it does vocals rather well now, thanks to greater midrange weight and more realistic timbre on the SC.

The lower treble has evened out as well and the presentation has become rather non-fatiguing compared to any other cable I have tried with the TC.

The SC is a real and meaningful addition to the TC. I am considering doing a video review for cable-believers and the open-minded, lol.

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #20,373 of 22,443
glad u r enjoying the SC cable, @sajid. Once they've settled down, it's hard to connect anything else to the TC.

1266 TC Phi + SC cable with a good system chain, a well and proper fit, and Mitch filters is pretty much smiles all day long. I find the filters the icing on the cake; subtle yet not so subtle changes.

Jun 21, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #20,374 of 22,443
Hello TC-philes,

I just wanted to report back that as my superconductor cable burns in, the TC has become quite an all-rounder of a headphone.

I was very nit-picky about how the TC did vocals but damn, it does vocals rather well now, thanks to greater midrange weight and more realistic timbre on the SC.

The lower treble has evened out as well and the presentation has become rather non-fatiguing compared to any other cable I have tried with the TC.

The SC is a real and meaningful addition to the TC. I am considering doing a video review for cable-believers and the open-minded, lol.

Excellent to hear, please do a video review for it:L3000:

Jun 21, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #20,375 of 22,443
Hello TC-philes,

unnamed.jpg
Well if you want to go all out, i’m selling my Superconductor headphone to banana plug speaker adapter cable. I think Joe only made 5 of these. No home should be without it. 😃

Jun 21, 2022 at 1:01 PM Post #20,377 of 22,443
Well if you want to go all out, i’m selling my Superconductor headphone to banana plug speaker adapter cable. I think Joe only made 5 of these. No home should be without it. 😃
RIP

Jun 21, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #20,379 of 22,443
glad u r enjoying the SC cable, @sajid. Once they've settled down, it's hard to connect anything else to the TC.

1266 TC Phi + SC cable with a good system chain, a well and proper fit, and Mitch filters is pretty much smiles all day long. I find the filters the icing on the cake; subtle yet not so subtle changes.
I listened to the TCs without Mitch’s filters for a couple of days and then went back to the filters today, and I must say the change was more apparent than I had remembered. Before, I thought it was a good change, but subtle. Now I realize it’s a bit more than subtle. It really is the icing on the cake.

I kind of want to buy his filters for all my headphones (if they existed). His SR1a filters are amazing of course. People seem to like his LCD-5 filters too. I wonder what some Susvara filters would sound like (though I’m not sure where the improvements would be) :thinking:

Jun 21, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #20,382 of 22,443
I listened to the TCs without Mitch’s filters for a couple of days and then went back to the filters today, and I must say the change was more apparent than I had remembered. Before, I thought it was a good change, but subtle. Now I realize it’s a bit more than subtle. It really is the icing on the cake.

I kind of want to buy his filters for all my headphones (if they existed). His SR1a filters are amazing of course. People seem to like his LCD-5 filters too. I wonder what some Susvara filters would sound like (though I’m not sure where the improvements would be) :thinking:

iirc think someone did send his Susvara in to Mitch to make the filters (?). i quite liked the Raal filters but some of them have really big -dB preamp gain and the volume knob has to go pretty high to compensate.

which TC filter are u using? I'm on the bass without top extension (filter 2 of 3).

I'm actually wondering if he did the filters up using the stock cable or the SC cable. did he mention? I can't remember.

Jun 21, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #20,383 of 22,443
iirc think someone did send his Susvara in to Mitch to make the filters (?). i quite liked the Raal filters but some of them have really big -dB preamp gain and the volume knob has to go pretty high to compensate.

which TC filter are u using? I'm on the bass without top extension (filter 2 of 3).

I'm actually wondering if he did the filters up using the stock cable or the SC cable. did he mention? I can't remember.
I use filter 3. It turns out I like a lot of bass and bright treble. I’m not sure what cable he used. I don’t remember reading anything about that.

Jun 21, 2022 at 11:18 PM Post #20,384 of 22,443
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back