The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jun 5, 2021 at 3:20 PM Post #16,291 of 22,461
It doesn't hurt their image one bit.

There is still a ****ing pandemic in this world causing supply-chain shortages.

Jun 5, 2021 at 3:33 PM Post #16,292 of 22,461
It doesn't hurt their image one bit.

There is still a ****ing pandemic in this world causing supply-chain shortages.
Well, to be clear in this case, the wooden boxes are locally sourced but there is also a wood shortage affecting prices so it may just be something that will be handled quickly. It doesn’t hurt their image with me but I’m just opining it will with purchasers waiting many weeks. Apparently the U.S. thinks the pandemic is over…I don’t.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #16,293 of 22,461
Well, to be clear in this case, the wooden boxes are locally sourced but there is also a wood shortage affecting prices so it may just be something that will be handled quickly. It doesn’t hurt their image with me but I’m just opining it will with purchasers waiting many weeks. Apparently the U.S. thinks the pandemic is over…I don’t.
Well, not all consumers are all that bright and the continual need to bitch because it's culture doesn't really fit when logic is not applied.

Jun 5, 2021 at 4:03 PM Post #16,294 of 22,461
Well, not all consumers are all that bright and the continual need to bitch because it's culture doesn't really fit when logic is not applied.
Welcome to the real world, unfortunately. Abyss is not holding up shipping deliberately but it doesn’t mean I’m not impatient, especially since I’ve already paid for the headphones. I know they are doing their best but it doesn’t make waiting any easier! Yes, first world problems, I know…

Jun 5, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #16,295 of 22,461
Welcome to the real world, unfortunately. Abyss is not holding up shipping deliberately but it doesn’t mean I’m not impatient, especially since I’ve already paid for the headphones. I know they are doing their best but it doesn’t make waiting any easier! Yes, first world problems, I know…
Oh, complain and be impatient till the cows come home just don't claim Abyss is lacking specifically when it's all of the world.

Jun 5, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #16,296 of 22,461
Oh, complain and be impatient till the cows come home just don't claim Abyss is lacking specifically when it's all of the world.

Yea, I'm also waiting and have been waiting for months for a pretty expensive headphone I've mostly already paid for in the Hifiman Shangri-La for the same reason. We're in a pandemic, totally understandable and it is what it is. Sucks, but I've just mainly put it out of mind.. it'll come when it comes.

Jun 5, 2021 at 4:20 PM Post #16,297 of 22,461
Yea, I'm also waiting and have been waiting for months for a pretty expensive headphone I've mostly already paid for in the Hifiman Shangri-La for the same reason. We're in a pandemic, totally understandable and it is what it is. Sucks, but I've just mainly put it out of mind.. it'll come when it comes.
Unless someone plays into the pandemic argument and is now enjoying your Shangri-la for a couple of months at home, haha.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #16,299 of 22,461
Worst company I've dealt with is EML. Took them 3 months and KR from same country can deliver on time. Russia post another horses ass took them 3 months to deliver my Rock.

Jun 5, 2021 at 7:56 PM Post #16,300 of 22,461
Unless someone plays into the pandemic argument and is not enjoying your Shangri-la for a couple of months at home, haha.

Yea in that case I would be livid lol

Jun 6, 2021 at 1:52 AM Post #16,301 of 22,461
Apparently the U.S. thinks the pandemic is over…I don’t.
The pandemic isn't over at all, especially with many 3rd world countries being near unvaccinated. We just don't realize how much of our economy relies on these countries, even when not directly in a supply chain from them. It's like with oil. The US oil prices go up if there's a hold-up in Russian gas production. Not because Russian gas would have gotten turned into US oil, but because those who demanded Russian gas are now turning to the same oil sources that the US buys.

So we'll have to be mindfully patient on many fronts, and still ... even then, less patient than the people of 3rd world countries. In a way this fits the name of what we're waiting for: Total Consciousness.

Jun 6, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #16,303 of 22,461
Now that’s a term I haven’t heard for some decades. You might want to update your geopolitics and language together with your headphones ...
I am a national from a third world country and we use this everyday. Must be quite lovely where you are from, not having to hear these terms for decades

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #16,304 of 22,461
I am a national from a third world country and we use this everyday. Must be quite lovely where you are from, not having to hear these terms for decades
Not really, it’s south from Singapore (where you seem to be located). I’ll stop the discussion at this point, but the cold war is over (or it’s axis moved), and the world is a bit different from the 60s classification of first (western), east (second) and third (all the rest) world. That’s at least what I teach my students. Back to headphones, lol.

Jun 7, 2021 at 10:12 AM Post #16,305 of 22,461
Not really, it’s south from Singapore (where you seem to be located). I’ll stop the discussion at this point, but the cold war is over (or it’s axis moved), and the world is a bit different from the 60s classification of first (western), east (second) and third (all the rest) world. That’s at least what I teach my students. Back to headphones, lol.
Here is an article that may offer more perspective. Approaching a trigger term only from an academic standpoint can be limiting. @Pashmeister has a perspective which obviously is different than mine or yours.
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsa...ple-of-earth-third-world-is-an-offensive-term

Users who are viewing this thread

Back