The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
May 6, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #10,771 of 22,478
For the people who have tried dekoni nuggets with the 1266, does the adhesive become really hard to remove if you wanted to take the nuggets off?

Have the issue where the pads sit too low on my head, feels like the pads are hanging on the top of my ears. Purchased the dekoni nuggets but havent applied them yet.

Does anybody have experience between setting the two nuggets closer to the center of the headband vs widest position of the headband?

Last edited:
May 6, 2020 at 7:09 PM Post #10,772 of 22,478
How old is your headphone and did you buys yours brand new? Just curious as I have not seen too many driver failures as of yet. Thanks.

I bought it new from a local dealer and it is less than a year old. This morning I tried it again and it worked OK. Contemplating if I should just wait it out for right side to fail completely before bringing it back. Might end up they can't find anything wrong if I bring it in now. Like some car issues.. When u bring it into the mechanic, and can't reproduce the problem there and then, and they give it a clean bill of health kinda thing..

May 6, 2020 at 8:16 PM Post #10,773 of 22,478
I bought it new from a local dealer and it is less than a year old. This morning I tried it again and it worked OK. Contemplating if I should just wait it out for right side to fail completely before bringing it back. Might end up they can't find anything wrong if I bring it in now. Like some car issues.. When u bring it into the mechanic, and can't reproduce the problem there and then, and they give it a clean bill of health kinda thing..
Keep us posted!

May 6, 2020 at 10:26 PM Post #10,774 of 22,478
For the people who have tried dekoni nuggets with the 1266, does the adhesive become really hard to remove if you wanted to take the nuggets off?

Have the issue where the pads sit too low on my head, feels like the pads are hanging on the top of my ears. Purchased the dekoni nuggets but havent applied them yet.

Does anybody have experience between setting the two nuggets closer to the center of the headband vs widest position of the headband?
No problem at all. Adhesive is not a problem

May 7, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #10,776 of 22,478
To get back on track, I got in touch with my Abyss dealer and highlighted the issue I had with the right side driver.

He said that if the hp hasn't been used in a while, the driver goes to "sleep". He has experienced this with Diana before.

Not sure what to make of it, since it only happened to one side rather than both.

As of now it is working OK, so both agreed to just monitor for now, and to bring it in only if the right channel fails completely.

May 7, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #10,777 of 22,478
Outside of enjoying the TC's most nights... planted and cichlid tanks are my other hobby. I will be back with a pic this weekend that won't compare to either of yours lol @Roasty @ken6217

Also, just following up on my earlier fit issues and progress. Since I've made the changes referenced in my last post in this thread I have had 0 distortion whatsoever. Not on a single track, bending the frame was the key for my particular head shape.

May 7, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #10,778 of 22,478
To get back on track, I got in touch with my Abyss dealer and highlighted the issue I had with the right side driver.

He said that if the hp hasn't been used in a while, the driver goes to "sleep". He has experienced this with Diana before.

Not sure what to make of it, since it only happened to one side rather than both.

As of now it is working OK, so both agreed to just monitor for now, and to bring it in only if the right channel fails completely.

The driver (and always the same driver I might add) goes to sleep? This sounds like it goes under the same category of someone pissing in your ear and telling you its raining.

May 8, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #10,779 of 22,478
The driver (and always the same driver I might add) goes to sleep? This sounds like it goes under the same category of someone pissing in your ear and telling you its raining.

Yes it could be something like an intermittent connection with the wiring. If you are in the USA maybe try reaching out directly to Hoe and the abyss team.

May 8, 2020 at 2:01 AM Post #10,781 of 22,478
goes to sleep....was that a serious response?

May 8, 2020 at 3:01 AM Post #10,782 of 22,478
Hmm I think my right driver has issues. Past few days, the right driver doesn't play any music, until I raise the volume above a certain level. Then the right driver kicks in and music plays. Following that, I can lower volume down low without music cutting out on the right side. On occasion there is very soft static distortion for under a second at a time; this happens not often.

If I don't raise the volume up high first, there is only music from the left side.

Have replicated this scenario with my hpa4, gsx mini and wa22 and stock and superconductor cables.

I have the exact issue in the right driver since January. It doesn't "wake-up" till I turn up the volume of my amp considerably.

But once it "wakes up" everything works well and I turn the volume down.

"Waking-up" is exactly how i described it to Joe and he has sent me a RMA form.

Haven't been able to mail it across to him due to covid.

I too have tested it across multiple amps with the stock and SC cable.

I brought mine in August 2019 from Joe. When did you buy yours?

Stay Safe!!!

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 3:10 AM Post #10,783 of 22,478
Screenshot_20200508-150728_WhatsApp.jpg

Looking back, he didn't say sleep. But I've never heard of drivers stop working if not being used for a while.

Oh well.. I'll update if there is anything to update.

May 8, 2020 at 3:12 AM Post #10,784 of 22,478
I have the exact issue in the right driver since January. It doesn't "wake-up" till I turn up the volume of my amp considerably.

But once it "wakes up" everything works well and I turn the volume down.

"Waking-up" is exactly how i described it to Joe and he has sent me a RMA form.

Haven't been able to mail it across to him due to covid.

I too have tested it across multiple amps with the stock and SC cable.

I brought mine in August 2019 from Joe. When did you buy yours?

Stay Safe!!!

Oh ok I'm sorry to hear you're having the same issues as me, but at the same time, well, I'm somewhat relieved I'm not the only one experiencing this issue!

So Abyss has asked you to send in the hp for testing? Who is footing the shipping to and fro?

I got mine new in Oct 2019.

Last edited:
May 8, 2020 at 3:42 AM Post #10,785 of 22,478
Oh ok I'm sorry to hear you're having the same issues as me, but at the same time, well, I'm somewhat relieved I'm not the only one experiencing this issue!

So Abyss has asked you to send in the hp for testing? Who is footing the shipping to and fro?

I got mine new in Oct 2019.

I live in India. So shipping to JPS will be on me. Haven't discussed the return part. I am sure they have a policy for it.

As its under warranty, they will test and repair/replace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back