The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jan 17, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #13,411 of 22,596
It's never been about fidelity nor enjoyment.

It's:
1. About whom has the biggest dick.
2. Nervosa. Nervosa. Nervosa.
:deadhorse:

I guess you speak from the hart :sweat_smile:.

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:48 AM Post #13,412 of 22,596
Hey all, I really didn't mean to stir up this much drama just because I don't like a pair of headphones!

jlbrach said:
I suggest you return the TC

I asked, and just found out that there's a 20% restocking fee. So to anyone reading this thinking about buying a pair, keep that in mind before purchasing

I don't understand how one could fail to be impressed with the TC upon first listen, even before break-in and on a poor setup

I will admit that maybe my setup is poor, but all of my other headphones sound great on it

https://i.imgur.com/vrjgrOY.jpg

see that little black box in the middle with no label? that's a DIY Noir headphone amp, and I get tons of enjoyment out of it with some of my headphones, yet most people wouldn't even consider it because of what it is. My empyreans sound wonderful on it

genefruit said:
For some it's the case and for others it's not. Accuracy in details does not always equate musical enjoyment.

Quite right! I don't care one bit about accuracy, only how big of a smile it puts on my face :)

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #13,417 of 22,596
Sonnet Morpheus :wink:
Still undecided on which R2R DAC I want to get. The Sonnet Morpheus, Rockna Wavelight or Holo Audio May KTE as an alternate sound to my TT2/HMS. Help me choose :)

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #13,419 of 22,596
Still undecided on which R2R DAC I want to get. The Sonnet Morpheus, Rockna Wavelight or Holo Audio May KTE as an alternate sound to my TT2/HMS. Help me choose :)

I can’t help you choose as I ever heard the other DAC’s, but previous to owning the Morpheus I had the Metrum Pavane Level III, dCS Debussy, and Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC, and the Morpheus beats them all.

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #13,420 of 22,596
I can’t help you choose as I ever heard the other DAC’s, but previous to owning the Morpheus I had the Metrum Pavane Level III, dCS Debussy, and Berkeley Audio Alpha DAC, and the Morpheus beats them all.
Wow, thats really saying something!

Jan 17, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #13,421 of 22,596
Morp
Morpheus better than dCS Debussy? That quite achievement.

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:27 PM Post #13,423 of 22,596
I've had my AB-1266 Phi TC for about a year now. Fantastic sound. I have had an issue with some rattling at certain bass frequencies, however. An issue I don't have with my Stellia or Utopias. They're actually at Abyss now getting looked over. Have any of you guys had an issue with rattling? On my headphones, it's only in the left speaker so I have a feeling it's not an overall limitation of the headphone. I'm running them through a Hugo 2 TT/M Scaler through a WA33 Elite.

Jan 17, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #13,424 of 22,596
I've had my AB-1266 Phi TC for about a year now. Fantastic sound. I have had an issue with some rattling at certain bass frequencies, however. An issue I don't have with my Stellia or Utopias. They're actually at Abyss now getting looked over. Have any of you guys had an issue with rattling? On my headphones, it's only in the left speaker so I have a feeling it's not an overall limitation of the headphone. I'm running them through a Hugo 2 TT/M Scaler through a WA33 Elite.

I did at some point. A weird rattle on the right side was apparent at low frequencies (Hans Zimmer / Why so serious). It turned out to be a hair stuck between the pad and the driver! :)

But I guess your issue is a little more serious than this. I am sure they will sort it out at Abyss, and I hope that you will get it back soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back