The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Aug 3, 2014 at 7:39 AM Post #1,306 of 22,449
wouldn't call the bass very strong anyways. fact is that david1961 won't know how the bass sounds or how detailed and transparent it is unless he tries it himself and that's clearly not gonna happen.

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #1,310 of 22,449
Aug 3, 2014 at 8:16 AM Post #1,312 of 22,449
Maybe we are missing something here. The design of the Abyss seems to be very focused on utility, as some have mentioned its ability to conform to a required shape, but there is the aspect that creating something very polarizing through aesthetics generates market awareness and drives conversations like the one currently in this thread. Personally I see this as a calculated decision and I feel it was a smart one.

K1000,Jecklin Float... It's hard to forget a Frankenstein. :D

Edit: To add to that, I'm here for the music and if the Abyss delivers $6k worth of sonics I'm in irrespective of its tortured aesthetics.

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:21 AM Post #1,313 of 22,449
I'll do that, but I'll have to rely on my friend taking me to the place he got to hear them because after a serious motorcycle accident I no longer drive.

Sorry to hear that. But do have a listen. Between the SR09 and the Abyss, I frankly feel that they are complementary in their sigs. Which is why the SR09 is in my sights. :)

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #1,314 of 22,449
Maybe we are missing something here. The design of the Abyss seems to be very focused on utility, as some have mentioned its ability to conform to a required shape, but there is the aspect that creating something very polarizing through aesthetics generates market awareness and drives conversations like the one currently in this thread. Personally I see this as a calculated decision and I feel it was a smart one.

K1000,Jecklin Float... It's hard to forget a Frankenstein. :D

Edit: To add to that, I'm here for the music and if the Abyss delivers $6k worth of sonics I'm in irrespective of its tortured aesthetics.

Heheh! Well said! Go and have a listen and see/hear what all the fuss is about. :)

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #1,315 of 22,449
I'll do that, but I'll have to rely on my friend taking me to the place he got to hear them because after a serious motorcycle accident I no longer drive.

sorry to hear that man. do you still have your helmet? maybe you can put it on over the abyss to avoid embarrassment. :wink:

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #1,317 of 22,449
K1000,Jecklin Float... It's hard to forget a Frankenstein.
biggrin.gif

You forgot the TakeT H2+
Fwiw, I'm a fan of the TakeT and the Abyss' sound. K1000, not so much. Never tried the Freckin Float before though.

sorry to hear that man. do you still have your helmet? maybe you can put it on over the abyss to avoid embarrassment.
wink.gif

Helmet + Abyss = FrankenStig!!
Wonder how fast the Abyss will lap the Top Gear track.

Aug 3, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #1,319 of 22,449
Sorry to hear that. But do have a listen. Between the SR09 and the Abyss, I frankly feel that they are complementary in their sigs. Which is why the SR09 is in my sights.
smily_headphones1.gif

sorry to hear that man. do you still have your helmet? maybe you can put it on over the abyss to avoid embarrassment.
wink.gif

The accident I had was 18 years ago to which I've not fully recovered from, and probably never will.
I had to get rid of the helmet because it couldn't be used anymore, I owe a lot to that helmet because apparently it saved my life, it was an Arai.

Luckily my hearing wasn't damaged which is why I'm able to use headphones which gives me a lot of enjoyment.

Aug 3, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #1,320 of 22,449
The accident I had was 18 years ago to which I've not fully recovered from, and probably never will.
I had to get rid of the helmet because it couldn't be used anymore, I owe a lot to that helmet because apparently it saved my life, it was an Arai.

Luckily my hearing wasn't damaged which is why I'm able to use headphones which gives me a lot of enjoyment.

I see. All I will say is we still have the ability to enjoy music and let's use it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back