The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Dec 4, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #12,991 of 22,540
I don't mind that anyone has their own opinions / preferences which we're all certainly entitled too, but again, "garbage"?
If this is the case then @Sonic Guild should throw away the other 11 headphones that are listed. I didn't post to cause a debate. I posted because "garbage" was definitely extreme and uncalled for, and certainly far from the truth. I'm done..
Why does it matter. He has limited posts, feedback, and overall interaction and established points of reference within the community.

This is Head-Fi.
Let him play with all the hyperbole he wants.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Dec 4, 2020 at 4:32 PM Post #12,992 of 22,540
I don't mind that anyone has their own opinions / preferences which we're all certainly entitled too, but again, "garbage"?
If this is the case then @Sonic Guild should throw away the other 11 headphones that are listed. I didn't post to cause a debate. I posted because "garbage" was definitely extreme and uncalled for, and certainly far from the truth. I'm done..
Yes he could have said he doesn’t like all other headphones. When emotions get involved things get messy.

Dec 4, 2020 at 4:54 PM Post #12,994 of 22,540
This is the US OF A so freedom to speak your mind. I don't mind that he has an opinion to other headphones that are negative to him. But for the other countries this could be a sad day.

No one said he’s not free to speak his mind. However just because one speaks ones mind has nothing to do with the content being obnoxious or not. He’s free to be obnoxious, and anyone is free to point it out.

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #12,995 of 22,540
No one said he’s not free to speak his mind. However just because one speaks ones mind has nothing to do with the content being obnoxious or not. He’s feee to be obnoxious and anyone is free to point it out.
I would have responded by telling him he has bleach on the brains if he thinks LCD 4 is garbage, if I was not so desensitized.

Dec 4, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #12,996 of 22,540
I'm not done.
To be quite honest, you're !00% right.
I didn't bother to look at the source which was my mistake.
I forgive you. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Dec 4, 2020 at 5:29 PM Post #12,997 of 22,540
I will say his over the top descriptions kind of discounted his conclusions. Didn’t mean to poke a bear. It’s all just for fun here anyway.

Dec 4, 2020 at 5:40 PM Post #12,999 of 22,540
A great upgrade cable is the Superconductor HP.
The stock cable and the superconductor are made of what? copper? silver?
The website has nothing to say about the cables construction at all.

Did you find the SC a significantly better cable with auditable difference?
May reviews claim that the stick has better clarity compared to the SC.
I don't understand the price of the SC, 2000 dollars!! Why? this is 40% of the actual headphones price.

Dec 4, 2020 at 5:45 PM Post #13,000 of 22,540
Do not be too picky about the terms, come on dude.
This is not a peer reviewed academic journal. We are here to chill and chit-chat with each other like buddies.

Dec 4, 2020 at 5:51 PM Post #13,001 of 22,540
Just to add one more thing. I'm sure there are quite a few people that read this forum as they have interest in these headphones. Maybe they can afford them now, maybe in the future, or maybe never. It is disrespectful to say that all other headphones are crap, which would include what these other hobbyists have.

To say that the 1266TC is the best I have ever heard is much different than saying all other headphones are garbage.

Dec 4, 2020 at 11:39 PM Post #13,002 of 22,540
So..changing the topic...I have always wondered how you guys get rid of the dust on the mesh between the grill? It's killing me as it's hard to do so without leaving a dent/messing up the mesh pattern...

Dec 4, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #13,003 of 22,540
So..changing the topic...I have always wondered how you guys get rid of the dust on the mesh between the grill? It's killing me as it's hard to do so without leaving a dent/messing up the mesh pattern...

Are you referring to the aluminum foam?
I was thinking of microfibre cloth but no, it will leave fibres behind in between the aluminum foam. So I suggest the cloth that comes with eye glasses! It is soft and extremely dense at the same time, so no fibres to escape in between aluminum foam.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2020 at 12:12 AM Post #13,004 of 22,540
If you touch that very fine mesh inside the slots with anything, there is no way to fix the damage it will cause. Each strand is about a thousandth of an inch. Best you can do is gently blow on it with your mouth, this or play some heavy bass:).

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Dec 5, 2020 at 1:25 AM Post #13,005 of 22,540
If you touch that very fine mesh inside the slots with anything, there is no way to fix the damage it will cause. Each strand is about a thousandth of an inch. Best you can do is gently blow on it with your mouth, this or play some heavy bass:).

The strand sort of traps the dust in it so I guess that leaves playing some heavy bass:L3000:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back