The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jul 22, 2020 at 5:09 PM Post #11,521 of 22,434
I own both and the resale of the raal has not declined any more than the value of the TC has and will....in fact at 4K for the combination of the raal and the schiit jotr for 4K I think in this crazy time it is a bargain because it is fantastic as well as very different...highly recommended
As lazy mouth-diarrhea tends to irk me. So $3201 street for the SR1a. Meanwhile $2600 street currently listed for SR1a. Yea. Its resale isn't dropping. :smile:

Jul 22, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #11,522 of 22,434
As lazy mouth-diarrhea tends to irk me. So $3201 street for the SR1a. Meanwhile $2600 street currently listed for SR1a. Yea. Its resale isn't dropping. :smile:
I believe the $3201 is for the SR1a and the Jotunheim R, while the $2600 is for the SR1a and the Interface Box (which costs less than the JR). I could be wrong, but it seems to hold the same re-sale value (maybe, plus or minus $100).

Jul 22, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #11,523 of 22,434
I believe the $3201 is for the SR1a and the Jotunheim R, while the $2600 is for the SR1a and the Interface Box (which costs less than the JR). I could be wrong, but it seems to hold the same re-sale value (maybe, plus or minus $100).
My point was more deluded perspective. As it's $4k to Jlbrach for SR1a and Jot R when in reality, SR1a and Jot R open box run $3699 and street pricing of SR1a and Jot R run $3k-ish. And that's just the bundle price-breaks.

Jul 22, 2020 at 5:43 PM Post #11,524 of 22,434
My point was more deluded perspective. As it's $4k to Jlbrach for SR1a and Jot R when in reality, SR1a and Jot R open box run $3699 and street pricing of SR1a and Jot R run $3k-ish. And that's just the bundle price-breaks.
Oh, I see. I might have misunderstood your point, haha. I was comparing the resale value when it first came into the used market to the current resale value and saying that they both are similar rather than comparing to the MSRP and open-box prices.

Jul 22, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #11,525 of 22,434
Oh, I see. I might have misunderstood your point, haha. I was comparing the resale value when it first came into the used market to the current resale value and saying that they both are similar rather than comparing to the MSRP and open-box prices.
Yea. a bit. His initial commentary was the TC and SR1a retaining the same resale value. As pertinent to the initial fiscal responsibilities of Bonesy Jonesy, this just seemed sloppy.

And to keep perspective, the TC has retained a relative $4200 street price.

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #11,526 of 22,434
now do the abyss TC...which has lost approximately 20% off of retail....I just saw the raal and jotr trade for 3k which is the lowest I have seen and that is 25%....lazy mouth diarrhea is kind of unnecessary is it not?

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:00 PM Post #11,527 of 22,434
Yea. a bit. His initial commentary was the TC and SR1a retaining the same resale value. As pertinent to the initial fiscal responsibilities of Bonesy Jonesy, this just seemed sloppy.

And to keep perspective, the TC has retained a relative $4200 street price.
I think he meant he mentioned $4K to compare the price of a new SR1a and JR combo to that of the TC alone (which, as you mentioned, holds a relative $4.2K used price). I guess we'll let him clarify if he wishes to. :D
I stepped in as I was confused when you made that resale value post and posted so that I may be corrected if I am wrong.

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #11,528 of 22,434
in fact that was exactly my point, to suggest that I thought that the raal and jotr were in fact a bargain at current prices relative to other TOTL HP's but hey it must be my lazy mouth diarrhea..I did not post in order to argue about how much the used price of the raal had dropped or not, the post was to point out that I thought they offer great value at the prevailing price but whatever

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #11,529 of 22,434
now do the abyss TC...which has lost approximately 20% off of retail....I just saw the raal and jotr trade for 3k which is the lowest I have seen and that is 25%....lazy mouth diarrhea is kind of unnecessary is it not?
And that is a recent drop for the combo. I sold a SR1a and Jot R (with interface) for $3500 in April.
I'm not seeing the TC continually drop. You also don't see the TC listed as often.

lazy mouth diarrhea is just emphasis. I know you have thicker skin than to be so perturbed.

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:07 PM Post #11,530 of 22,434
I think he meant he mentioned $4K to compare the price of a new SR1a and JR combo to that of the TC alone (which, as you mentioned, holds a relative $4.2K used price). I guess we'll let him clarify if he wishes to. :D
I stepped in as I was confused when you made that resale value post and posted so that I may be corrected if I am wrong.
He did not explicitly state direct context. Adding to the confusion and lighting my flame in regards to an MSRP differential from street pricing.

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:08 PM Post #11,531 of 22,434
again, the point of my post was to point out what I see as the relative value of the raal...the lazy mouth comment was unnecessary thick skin or not...in truth I LOVE the TC and am simply making the point that I think the raal is a terrific product

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:11 PM Post #11,532 of 22,434
again, the point of my post was to point out what I see as the relative value of the raal...the lazy mouth comment was unnecessary thick skin or not...in truth I LOVE the TC and am simply making the point that I think the raal is a terrific product
And my initial point was only pointing out to Bonesy Jonesy that the SR1a has a relatively fast drop in resale value.

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:17 PM Post #11,533 of 22,434
He did not explicitly state direct context. Adding to the confusion and lighting my flame in regards to an MSRP differential from street pricing.
So it was just a confusion, after all. That is why I thought over jlbranch's post for a bit before making a different comment. But I believe we all understand now and that there is no discrepancy, haha.

Yeah, the TC is an awesome HP and I have not heard any other HP that handles bass like it does. RAAL is just offering more value for price and weighs lighter.

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #11,534 of 22,434
So it was just a confusion, after all. That is why I thought over jlbranch's post for a bit before making a different comment. But I believe we all understand now and that there is no discrepancy, haha.

Yeah, the TC is an awesome HP and I have not heard any other HP that handles bass like it does. RAAL is just offering more value for price and weighs lighter.
Well, maybe no discrepancy, maybe a little hurt feelings. :smile:

I'm just cheeky, Jlbrach. :beerchug:

Jul 22, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #11,535 of 22,434
actually I do indeed have thick skin and my feelings are certainly not hurt...that said, I enjoy coming here because I love the hobby and it is a retreat from the nonsense of the outside world so I apologize if I over reacted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back