The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jul 9, 2014 at 2:11 PM Post #1,127 of 22,596
IT'S TIME FOR NOMAX and my IMPRESSIONS about THE SOUND!

Jul 9, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #1,129 of 22,596
First off all is THIS A NORMAL HEADPHONE ??NOT FOR ME!

THE BIGGEST PLUS Points for me in the soundsignature is THE SOUNDSTAGE!! THE MUSIC plays not in my head it PLAYS IN FRONT of MY HEAD/EARS!I Think many OWNERS know what i mean!WOW!THATS Amazing!

The Bass is very tense,fast and a little bit airy!more than my Favorite TH 900!

To the fit and seal i can say to everyone after 6-7 Minutes of trying i have found my PERSONAL SETTINGS!i was realy surprised how comfortable they are!

All in all is THIS A REAL GAMECHANGER FLAGSHIP??THE BEST SOUNDING HEAPHONE IN THE WORLD SINCE THE SENNHEISER ORPHEUS??YES GUYS THE ABYSS IS A OUTSTANDING WORLDCLASS PRODUCT and in my OPINION THE BEST SOUNDING HEADPHONE BUT AT THE SAME TIME THE UGLIEST LOOKING HP in our GALAXY!

CRAZY and BEST REGARDS from planet AUSTRIA DARTH VADER(NOMAX)

Jul 9, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #1,130 of 22,596
First off all is THIS A NORMAL HEADPHONE ??NOT FOR ME!

THE BIGGEST PLUS Points for me in the soundsignature is THE SOUNDSTAGE!! THE MUSIC plays not in my head it PLAYS IN FRONT of MY HEAD/EARS!I Think many OWNERS know what i mean!WOW!THATS Amazing!

The Bass is very tense,fast and a little bit airy!more than my Favorite TH 900!

To the fit and seal i can say to everyone after 6-7 Minutes of trying i have found my PERSONAL SETTINGS!i was realy surprised how comfortable they are!

All in all is THIS A REAL GAMECHANGER FLAGSHIP??THE BEST SOUNDING HEAPHONE IN THE WORLD SINCE THE SENNHEISER ORPHEUS??YES GUYS THE ABYSS IS A OUTSTANDING WORLDCLASS PRODUCT and in my OPINION THE BEST SOUNDING HEADPHONE BUT AT THE SAME TIME THE UGLIEST LOOKING HP in our GALAXY!

CRAZY and BEST REGARDS from planet AUSTRIA DARTH VADER(NOMAX)

Glad to hear it! It's interesting that you say these are the best-sounding headphones, yet the TH-900 is still your favorite.

Would you be able to share more detailed comparisons with the other top models?

Oh, and what equipment (amps, DACs, cables, etc.) did you use? I have a strong feeling that the Abyss has even more capability than many systems can bring out of it.

P.S. I made a Star Wars reference in the last post I made too, haha.

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:37 PM Post #1,131 of 22,596
Hello Guys!you know my english is not so good!

I can say I FULLY AGREE the IMPRESSIONS from RUDI!the ABYSS is not a Little Bit better than the audeze LCD3!THIS HEADPHONES Sounds much much more better than the audeze and better than the STAX 009!
NOMAX is a CRAZY headphone Guru FOR A LONGTIME(20 years)in a other AREA with other Language!Austria/Germany!i know many People And engeniers from this CRAZY INDUSTRIE but for me it is very difficult to Write in english!sorry

So TRUST RUDI and his EARS!
He will find the right words about this FANTASTIC BRILLIANT SOUNDING HEADPHONE ABYSS 1266!!

REGARDS NOMAX

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #1,132 of 22,596
Hello Guys!you know my english is not so good!

I can say I FULLY AGREE the IMPRESSIONS from RUDI!the ABYSS is not a Little Bit better than the audeze LCD3!THIS HEADPHONES Sounds much much more better than the audeze and better than the STAX 009!
NOMAX is a CRAZY headphone Guru FOR A LONGTIME(20 years)in a other AREA with other Language!Austria/Germany!i know many People And engeniers from this CRAZY INDUSTRIE but for me it is very difficult to Write in english!sorry

So TRUST RUDI and his EARS!
He will find the right words about this FANTASTIC BRILLIANT SOUNDING HEADPHONE ABYSS 1266!!

REGARDS NOMAX

I would be especially interested in learning more about the differences between the AB-1266 and SR-009.

Jul 9, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #1,133 of 22,596
Okay this is easy with my english!the sound or soundstage with ABYSS is much much more Outside of my head or in Front of me and with 009 the sounstage is much much closer to my head or in my head!

NOMAX

Jul 9, 2014 at 6:02 PM Post #1,134 of 22,596
Okay this is easy with my english!the sound or soundstage with ABYSS is much much more Outside of my head or in Front of me and with 009 the sounstage is much much closer to my head or in my head!

NOMAX

That's cool about the soundstage - similar to the HD 800...but what about the rest? I always hear how the Abyss has the best bass, but there are conflicting opinions on the mid and treble frequencies. The general consensus is that the SR-009 has a more smooth and refined sound - one that some consider to be less realistic and balanced.

I am also curious as to the reason the TH-900 remains your favorite.

Jul 10, 2014 at 2:07 AM Post #1,136 of 22,596

That's cool about the soundstage - similar to the HD 800...but what about the rest? I always hear how the Abyss has the best bass, but there are conflicting opinions on the mid and treble frequencies. The general consensus is that the SR-009 has a more smooth and refined sound - one that some consider to be less realistic and balanced.

I am also curious as to the reason the TH-900 remains your favorite.

I think he meant that the TH-900 was his favourite for bass before hearing these.  English is his second language so maybe don't read everything too carefully.

I can back up the soundstage comment.  People always go on about soundstage and placement and how much air there is between stuff.  To be honest, I never thought headphones had or could have a good soundstage, but as soon as I put on the Abyss it was the first thing I noticed.  It's really quite something else. 

Like you, from what I understand, most people who have heard both the Abyss and 009, say that the Abyss is the winner in terms of bass and soundstage, and the 009 is the winner in terms of the detail and mids.  Some people find the 009's too bright, some find the Abyss lacking in 'detail' (by comparison).  It comes down to personal preference.  I have found over the years that what some people call "detail" or "clarity", I call "hurts my ears".  I work in construction and maybe a certain part of my hearing has deteriorated and that makes the midrange extra harsh for me personally.  At the end of the day, most people's impressions and descriptions are probably about right, but it depends on your personal taste.

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:05 AM Post #1,138 of 22,596
But in in Case of BUILDQUALITY AND MATERIALMIX is ONLY ONE WINNER 100% FOR SURE THE AB 1266!

REGARDS NOMAX

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back