The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Apr 28, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #10,652 of 22,431
Anyone want to trade a TC for a brand new Susvara? I’m in SF Bay Area.
I doubt you'll have much luck with that deal here...
Are you trying to say that no one wants to downgrade? :)
Yep... I heard both on a wa33 at the same time at CanJam NYC this year... There is no comparison. It only took two seconds to realize that I made the right purchase decision.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2020 at 4:20 PM Post #10,653 of 22,431
I doubt you'll have much luck with that deal here...
Yep... I heard both on a wa33 at the same time at CanJam NYC this year... There is no comparison.
Some like the susvara better.... I prefer more meat even if it comes from loss of detail and air. So I would absolutely not consider a downgrade powered properly... it’s a different sound sig that some prefer.

Apr 28, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #10,654 of 22,431
I too think the Susvaras are a downgrade, but the Susvaras are still very good. For some genres, like doom and stoner rock, the Susvaras are better than the TCs. For bass heavy songs, the TCs win out. If I had to choose the TCs or the Susvaras, I'd chose the TCs. But, I think both compliment each other very well though :L3000:

Apr 28, 2020 at 4:29 PM Post #10,655 of 22,431
Some like the susvara better.... I prefer more meat even if it comes from loss of detail and air. So I would absolutely not consider a downgrade powered properly... it’s a different sound sig that some prefer.
My avatar says it all.

Apr 28, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #10,657 of 22,431
Used TC 1266 > Brand New Susvara

^just my opinion and of course am biased as I own the Abyss

I'm still baffled by how the Susvara can get away with the overall build quality of their headphone. Seeing how other owners' pictures of their earpads deteriote over the years as well as physically holding the Susvaras myself, it just really rubbed me the wrong way. When consumers vote with their dollars, they are saying that's "OK" in my opinion. With that said the Susvaras are a top tier headphone sound wise and they do have a loyal fan base.

Side Note: I'd only feel comfortable sharing that opinion here as this is an Abyss thread. I would never waltz into the Susvara thread and say such things as each thread has their own fan bases. At the end of the day we all have our own preferences, and ultimately vote with our dollars.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2020 at 5:24 PM Post #10,660 of 22,431
I would never waltz into the Susvara thread and say such things as each thread has their own fan bases and that would be massively disrespectful. At the end of the day we all have our own preferences.

If anyone takes opinions as disrespect in any thread they are probably taking the internet too seriously. :)

Apr 28, 2020 at 5:32 PM Post #10,661 of 22,431
If anyone takes opinions as disrespect in any thread they are probably taking the internet too seriously. :)
Point was I would never go into another "y" thread and state "x" headphone is better than "y" headphone. It would only cause arguments as people are generally biased to liking their own headphone of choice.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2020 at 7:14 PM Post #10,664 of 22,431
the TC is an amazing HP that I love but I am lucky enough own the susvara as well and it is extraordinary as well...very different but extraordinary which is why I own both

Apr 28, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #10,665 of 22,431
Don't be afraid to post your opinions in Susvara thread, they don't bite. Just don't lead w/ it's full of cheap plastic like you did in your previous (now edited) post. :)
It felt plasticky to me. I corrected it because you own one and you would know better and did not want to give false info. I held it in my hands maybe a good 6-7 times and I always assumed it was plastic due to feel.

My opinion doesn't change regarding the cheap quality build of the Susvara though, especially for a $6000 MSRP headphone.

Of course my opinion is just that, an opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back