The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jan 12, 2020 at 5:30 PM Post #9,991 of 22,478
It's a bit depressing considering their price -- my original pads are still in excellent shape.

I wish I could upgrade to the TC, but apparently mine is too old.
Stuck on the Phi CC.
If you actually have a PHI CC frame... you can upgrade to the TCs.

like this:
Screen Shot 2020-01-12 at 5.31.09 PM.png

$1750 upgrade!

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #9,992 of 22,478
I don’t find the TC heavy at all. LCD4 are uncomfortable. These are not.

I have to agree, I found the LCD ear cups too warm in use and the weight on top of my head too concentrated in a smaller area. But the 1266 still isn't a light weight compared to my other phones.
Individual heads and ears will have different experiences.

Jan 12, 2020 at 5:50 PM Post #9,993 of 22,478
They're definitely heavy, but the headband does a surprisingly good job distributing the weight and making them pretty comfortable. I can wear for hours, but sometimes my neck can feel it after a while.

Jan 12, 2020 at 7:21 PM Post #9,994 of 22,478
I've not had problems with heavy 'phones at all, and that's despite having a prolapsed disc in my neck (and no, I don't have like a powerlifters build or anything). Go figure.

Jan 12, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #9,995 of 22,478
Has anyone had their CC pads fall apart on them?

I have kept my pair in the leather case in the wooden box.
The box was kept in a climate controlled space.

I unpacked them today to listen and the ear pads are absolutely falling apart.
It's like the adhesive failed or something.
Wanna share a picture?

I don't recall they give us two sets of pad for cc. Do they?

Last edited:
Jan 12, 2020 at 9:40 PM Post #9,996 of 22,478
It's a bit depressing considering their price -- my original pads are still in excellent shape.

I wish I could upgrade to the TC, but apparently mine is too old.
Stuck on the Phi CC.
Hi buddy,
I don't think you are missing much regarding the upgrade. Personally, I really find it very hard to tell them apart, at least after listening to them at my audio shop using the Nimbus amp and Kann as a source. I have yet to try it out on my system though.
As for the pads, ya, mine are also falling apart after almost a year. The leather is peeling. Wish Dekoni came out with a cheaper solution.

Jan 12, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #9,999 of 22,478
Dekoni said they may come out with a version this year....
that's good news. I just contacted them and put in a request. The leather on mine are starting to come undone as well. The reason is so much readjusting of the pads -- the leather gets pulled on every time you take the pads off, and the CC magnets are pretty strong to release from.

Jan 12, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #10,000 of 22,478
Hi buddy,
I don't think you are missing much regarding the upgrade. Personally, I really find it very hard to tell them apart, at least after listening to them at my audio shop using the Nimbus amp and Kann as a source. I have yet to try it out on my system though.
As for the pads, ya, mine are also falling apart after almost a year. The leather is peeling. Wish Dekoni came out with a cheaper solution.

Which dealer had the Nimbus?

Jan 13, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #10,002 of 22,478
that's good news. I just contacted them and put in a request. The leather on mine are starting to come undone as well. The reason is so much readjusting of the pads -- the leather gets pulled on every time you take the pads off, and the CC magnets are pretty strong to release from.
Keep us updated bro, I need them too. Thank you.

Jan 13, 2020 at 7:03 AM Post #10,003 of 22,478
I am not having the issue as much. The headphones bass is so ridiculous that I get a great center but then I get a lot of bass notes coming out the right side. But it is better hopefully with break in they will loosen up on the left side produce more excursion. I'm comparing the bass between my 1266 and Final audio D8000 pro edition to see how well balanced the 1266 is. The d8000 pro edition has better bass then LCD 4 and not too far behind the 1266.
So do you have a final word pertaining the bass quality between the 1266 and the Final Audio D8000?

Jan 13, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #10,005 of 22,478
So do you have a final word pertaining the bass quality between the 1266 and the Final Audio D8000?
I like the bass of both equally. Both sound different it’s difficult for me to describe the bass difference. When you think about it D8000 uses a open ear pad and 1266 relies on broken seal. So I think it is same idea for producing more bass..

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back