The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Dec 22, 2019 at 11:26 AM Post #9,646 of 22,459
Exac
Thanks, I did read your impressions a few weeks ago. It’s still a hard choice for me. Because some genres that are worse on each amp I listen to them too. This is why this is so difficult. I wish I could afford both, lol.
exactly why i have both, lol
You need to listen to both. You can't spend $5k or $6k without listening first.
Ive made all my purchases blind lol

Dec 22, 2019 at 12:18 PM Post #9,647 of 22,459
Comment retracted

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #9,650 of 22,459
I think it's a positive thing for users to share publicly what they've paid when buying things new.

$4.5k for me as well.

I agree 100%. There are some companies that price their gear at high retail prices. Look at the susvara you can get them new for sub $4k. I was able to get a good deal on the TC.

All I can say is that these are the best headphones I have ever heard and would still say that even at the full asking price of $5k. I was lucky enough to have found a dealer that I trust and had done alot of business with that carried abyss. I will always support smaller dealers over the big guys. The same goes for JPS I thought Audeze had great customer support but JPS is above and beyond them.

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #9,651 of 22,459
Dec 23, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #9,654 of 22,459
I agree 100%. There are some companies that price their gear at high retail prices. Look at the susvara you can get them new for sub $4k. I was able to get a good deal on the TC.

All I can say is that these are the best headphones I have ever heard and would still say that even at the full asking price of $5k. I was lucky enough to have found a dealer that I trust and had done alot of business with that carried abyss. I will always support smaller dealers over the big guys. The same goes for JPS I thought Audeze had great customer support but JPS is above and beyond them.

Where would one find such a good price for the Susvara? TIA.

Dec 23, 2019 at 3:04 PM Post #9,655 of 22,459
Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 3:28 PM Post #9,656 of 22,459
I have a good relationship with a couple high-end dealers for my two channel at home theater systems that take care of me. However when it comes to headphones I don’t have such relationships. In this case I’d rather opt for purchasing from someone that offers good service. That’s just as important in the long run.

For me personally, I would not buy Hifiiman used. I don’t trust their quality new, let alone secondhand.

Dec 23, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #9,657 of 22,459
I have a good relationship with a couple high-end dealers for my two channel at home theater systems that take care of me. However when it comes to headphones I don’t have such relationships. In this case I’d rather opt for purchasing from someone that offers good service. That’s just as important in the long run.

For me personally, I would not buy Hifiiman used. I don’t trust their quality new, let alone secondhand.

I am fortunate to have a dealer that I use for both 2 channel and headfi. I know that this is not very common.

Also alot of listings on agon are from dealers. The susvara above is from an authorized dealer and is brand new in box. I personally would buy hifiman even if it was brand new with warranty. The build quality is severely lacking imo.

Dec 24, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #9,658 of 22,459
20191224_220023.jpg Hi ! Just received my new TC box. Can't wait to open the Box. In car driving to Home from Airport. Had to wait long time for this day. At last it came to other end of the world...Thanks everyone for your valuable posts. I went through all....

Dec 24, 2019 at 1:51 PM Post #9,660 of 22,459
Enjoy! They certainly are a fantastic headphone. Very revealing. Makes trying out other equipment in your chain interesting as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back