The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Nov 8, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #767 of 22,596
My Desk top rig is nearly completed after two months of non-stop spend. Just a few more tweeks to be added. 

The Abyss with my two other favorite headphones, the HD800 and TH900.........................

Lumin Music Player (Synology NAS) > HEX > Cavalli LAu.

The Abyss is just one incredible sounding pair of Headphones......................

Nov 8, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #768 of 22,596
My Desk top rig is nearly completed after two months of non-stop spend. Just a few more tweeks to be added. 

The Abyss with my two other favorite headphones, the HD800 and TH900.........................

The Abyss is just one incredible sounding pair of Headphones......................

Looks awesome Gavin

Nov 8, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #772 of 22,596
they had some loose change lying around? and what's with the levitating studio 6?

They are Nordost Kones.....

The more revealing and sensitive the component, the better rewards sonically that can be achieve using resonator feet underneath the said components. They really clean up the sonics......

Highly recommended!

Nov 8, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #773 of 22,596
i get the idea of minimising vibration for a turntable, CD player and a transport but an amp? the studio 6 looks like a pretty big and heavy headamp. what's wrong with the isolating feet that came with it? is it even stable sitting on those cones?

Nov 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #774 of 22,596
i get the idea of minimising vibration for a turntable, CD player and a transport but an amp? the studio 6 looks like a pretty big and heavy headamp. what's wrong with the isolating feet that came with it? is it even stable sitting on those cones?

That's a whole can of worms right there. Fwiw, with tube gear, there's the issue with tube microphonics which is one of the reasons why an amp might need to be kept vibration-free. With ss gear I'm not so sure, but my cardas blocks work on my mjolnir (but not so noticable with my gungnir).

Nov 9, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #777 of 22,596
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I like to use cheap amps with the Abyss because it gets people all bent out of shape.

Nov 9, 2013 at 3:57 AM Post #778 of 22,596

Now that's the kind of rig I want to see people using the 1266 with.

Nov 9, 2013 at 6:18 AM Post #779 of 22,596
yep. if you've got Frankenstein's monster you might as well have the volts for the bolts. no point trying to drive a six inch nail with a tack hammer as the ol' man used to say. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back