The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread
Jul 8, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #4,426 of 22,596
I get my headband today so I will be sure to update with details.

Jul 8, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #4,431 of 22,596
Sorry to hear that, Steve. Literally shocking news. Hope it didn't damage the Abyss in the process... :frowning2:

Jul 8, 2016 at 2:47 PM Post #4,433 of 22,596
The shorter headband was the answer to my problem.

Thanks Joe! Abyss sounds even better and is more comfortable now.

My only regret is not getting an Abyss sooner.

Jul 8, 2016 at 3:19 PM Post #4,434 of 22,596
Tried the new headband, and its better, but still not perfect for me, i may play with the fit a bit more to see how i get along. but for now the wirestrap mod is still the sweetspot for me.

Jul 8, 2016 at 4:34 PM Post #4,435 of 22,596
Better now as never!
The Abyss is my All Time Favorite. And I also have SR009. Sure technically a better headphone but not so fun sounding with metal like the Abyss. The Abyss sounds far better and faster to me than the measurements show! Even in soundstage it beats the HD800. You can not get the visceral impact from loudspeakers in an headphone. But the only headphone comes near to it is the Abyss without doubt!

Jul 8, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #4,436 of 22,596
Better now as never!
The Abyss is my All Time Favorite. And I also have SR009. Sure technically a better headphone but not so fun sounding with metal like the Abyss. The Abyss sounds far better and faster to me than the measurements show! Even in soundstage it beats the HD800. You can not get the visceral impact from loudspeakers in an headphone. But the only headphone comes near to it is the Abyss without doubt!

Add a visceral amp like the 600i and it tops many speakers when it comes to "viscerality" :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

Jul 9, 2016 at 4:22 AM Post #4,439 of 22,596
I've never known a user to contribute so little.

I've disagreed, exaggerated and argued with a lot of people on here, but I'd like to think that any time I've ever auditioned something and provided feedback, it is appreciated by those who are curious and who are unable to hear certain headphones.

To come on here solely to disagree and be passive aggressive is really indicative of a miserable, bitter person.

Ultimately it doesn't need to be pointed out; I'm sure he brings himself down enough in the real world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back