The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor
Mar 5, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #317 of 509
I'm going to send in my impressions next week to for my 16's. I think the low end bump will be fun since will add more punch and won't affect the rest of the spectrum
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 5, 2010 at 11:19 PM Post #318 of 509
Good things come to those who wait

Mar 6, 2010 at 9:03 PM Post #319 of 509
just a quick question regarding the cables on these JH16's...will they only be available with standard cables, or will you be able to order with higher end cables?

thank you

Mar 6, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #320 of 509
JH Audio ships all their IEMs with standard cables.

Mar 6, 2010 at 9:42 PM Post #322 of 509
Yes, I can say something about the comparison of JH13 and UE11 cables. I owned a pair of UE11 before I switched to JH13 recently.
The UE11 cable for me seems to be a little more flexible. As I say that, it could also be fact, that the cables changed for all customs manufacturer. I heard many times, that only one cable supplier produces cables for all manufacturers.

Nevertheless the JH13 cable IS in fact still very flexible and classes above cables of universal fit IEMs like TF10 or SE530.

Mar 6, 2010 at 11:35 PM Post #323 of 509
Can any one with the JH13's who has also owned either the Shure SE530's, Senn IE8's or even JVC fx500's tell me how low the bass goes on the 13 compared to them just so i can get a guage on them as i am intrigued by the 16's as i am yet to still order which will be in the next month.

Obviosuly i know the SQ quality will be far superior in the bass dept compared to those universals, but i am jsut strcitly talking about how low they go and the oomph factor.

I liked the different amounts of bass all three of those universals offered in their own way from the very bass happy fx500's with the IE8's in between that and the SE530's which for me was my favs of all three as the bass did not cross over or interfere with the other frequencys but felt it could still chime in with plenty of bass when it was needed as the SE530's does have a reputation of being bass light to some, but felt this was a more realistic type of bass as it only seemed to go quite low as to how the recording was.

Unlike my IE8's that just felt a little bit thump thump all the way through every song in comparison and have heard the JH13's only kick in when needed as to the recording of how it acutally is but at the same time is there in spades when called upon and despite knowing and reading everthing about the 16's so far including the quotes from the horses mouth Jerry Harvey aka God of ear audio it is still interesting to know where the 13's will fall in comparison with my three universal iems i have in the SE530, IE8 & fx500 (bass depth alone, not quality).

Then maybe from that i might be able to guage if the 16's would be right for me or not also.

Mar 7, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #324 of 509
The bass in the 13s is pretty much perfect. You can really "feel" the bass without it being distracting... I listened to a recording of a symphony today and every timpani hit created a subtle thump, without interfering at all with the other instruments. In the same way, you "feel" the kick drum (as you do when listening to live music at say a concert), yet you also hear the higher frequencies of the kick--and none of this gets in the way of the other instruments.

I have the se530s as well, and the JH13s are worth the 3-4x price increase. They make the se530 bass and treble seem pitiful by comparison, and even improve on the se530 midrange.

Mar 7, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #325 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by superporpoise /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The bass in the 13s is pretty much perfect. You can really "feel" the bass without it being distracting... I listened to a recording of a symphony today and every timpani hit created a subtle thump, without interfering at all with the other instruments. In the same way, you "feel" the kick drum (as you do when listening to live music at say a concert), yet you also hear the higher frequencies of the kick--and none of this gets in the way of the other instruments.

I have the se530s as well, and the JH13s are worth the 3-4x price increase. They make the se530 bass and treble seem pitiful by comparison, and even improve on the se530 midrange.

I enjoyed my SE530's, so really look forward to the fast improvement the 13's will bring overall, and should imagine that the 13's then would be more than enough that i will not need the 16's for the extra oomph factor compared to what i am used to anyway.

In an odd way on the universal front of the three i have, the fx500 had the most deepest and natural textured bass that could even produce a visceral rumbling when called upon compared to the se530 & even more so IE8's even though the fx500's are a lot cheaper and not meant to be in the same league as the other two iem's i have.

Unfortunetely it was at the expense of the midrange been muddled to my liking so it is hard to imagine until i get my dirty little paws on my own pair how the 13's can sound SQ wise with perfect seperation, soundstage and still deliver nice deep bass as well whilst at the same time as other 13 owners have said on here like you just have that the layering of the detail within the bass notes and how they all sound different instead of a constant same old thump, thump type of bass will be interesting to hear for sure.

It still would be nice though to hear what these 16's will sound like compared to the 13's when someone gets their ears on them!
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #326 of 509
X2 on the improvement over the 530's. While it's been a while since I owned them, but the bass is deeper, and the quality is as good as any headphone/earphone I have ever heard. You'll hear bass texture like you wouldn't believe. These things are truly astounding.

On to another topic, I just recent weighed the same decision as many here have alluded to in deciding between the 13's and 16's. As I have posted in the 13 thread, after speaking with Jerry, unless you are a stage musician or listen to some seriously bass heavy music, there would not be a huge benefit to the 16's over the 13's. Add to that it only took me one week to get the 13's and all is right in the world. With that said I'm sure the 16's are great, but these 13's are totally taking over my listening world.

Mar 7, 2010 at 11:21 AM Post #328 of 509
Concerning the comparison of bass depth of JH13 vs. SE530:
It's been a while since I owned E500's (which are identical to SE530), but from what I recall the E500/SE530 have a slight midbass hump and the depp bass ist not very prominent. In any case I see the JH13 going way depper down in the bass. Also in terms of quantity, the deep bass is slightly accentuated on the JH13. So yes, you will recognize definitely more deep bass with the JH13 compared to the Shures.

Concerning the debate JH13 or JH16 I think it depends on you preferences. I quote a simile from the German headphone forum:
If you like natural women with only a little makeup -> go for JH13
If you like dressed-up women with lots of makeup -> go for JH16
This is meant: if you like lots of bass and/or prefer bass heavy music, go for JH16. If you want it like it was produced/neutral -> go for JH13

Mar 7, 2010 at 12:07 PM Post #329 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by dallan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is my internal debate too. 13's or 16's.

supposed you like hd800 right? 13 is the choice? and i love dt990 and 16 is the choice i guess?

this is after all portable device for me so, when i'm on the street, i perfer women to dress up with some make up
tongue_smile.gif

i know i'm not helping at all

Mar 7, 2010 at 5:36 PM Post #330 of 509
Can someone help me decide on a JH13 vs JH16 vs UE18?
frown.gif

I love bass but I don't like it overpowering. I can really appreciate the smooth and defined bass of the HD650 but I do find it overpowering on some bass-heavy songs.

I listen to music like muse and liquid tension experiment mostly, but I still love classical and lots oldies like abba and the carpenters.

I don't listen to are trance and techno and a lot of contemporary crappy pop music like lady gaga kesha and the likes.

And I'm really leaning toward the JH instead of UE because of the price difference. And because it's just less mainstream than UE. I see UEs on the street EVERYWHERE nowadays
frown.gif
Makes you feel less special owning one, compared to 3 years ago, lol.

Please help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back