The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor
Mar 11, 2010 at 1:44 AM Post #346 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think a few people have ordered JH16s. Have you even bothered to read the thread at all?

two things

first, if i didn't i would have just made a new thread asking and second if even they did they certainly not getting them yet.

thank you for the help, mod. i should've asked if anybody ordered it and got it or going to order it. at least one guy got his ue18 already. i think i'm going to order it next month anyway after paying the amp i ordered before

Mar 11, 2010 at 10:58 AM Post #347 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by FRGus723 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well Jerry asked me not to flood the boards with his comments just yet so I will be respectful of that. All I can say is that he made my concerns about the 16's go away. He has been listening to them quite a lot lately trying to tune them perfectly and says he just loves the way they sound. As for amping he says he especially likes them with a P51 or Shadow as they bump the upper lows and mids a bit and not the deep low end. I gotta just believe that 4 extra drivers and another bore has to make them sound better.

Technology is our friend, embrace her.

Mine have been on order for over a month and I'm chompin at the bit...hard.

now I'm leaning toward the JH16 instead of the JH13. I sold my K701 in favour of the HD650. Hopefully this will be a wise decision.

Mar 11, 2010 at 12:12 PM Post #348 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by juswyq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
now I'm leaning toward the JH16 instead of the JH13. I sold my K701 in favour of the HD650. Hopefully this will be a wise decision.

Do you think you made the right choice changing from 701 - 650?

Mar 11, 2010 at 12:17 PM Post #349 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by fhuang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
two things

first, if i didn't i would have just made a new thread asking and second if even they did they certainly not getting them yet.

thank you for the help, mod. i should've asked if anybody ordered it and got it or going to order it. at least one guy got his ue18 already. i think i'm going to order it next month anyway after paying the amp i ordered before

You know, I read your post 5 times and I still can't get what you're trying to say

Mar 11, 2010 at 12:19 PM Post #350 of 509
He wants to know, if somebody already received his JH16. Which is obviously not the case.

Mar 11, 2010 at 12:39 PM Post #351 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Steph86 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you think you made the right choice changing from 701 - 650?

Yup. Didn't exactly change since I owned both, I just sold my K701 instead of the HD650.

Comfort was an issue though, the K701 was pretty uncomfortable after a while. But all in all I just preferred the good bass and overall sound signature of the HD650.

Mar 11, 2010 at 1:07 PM Post #352 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by dmcom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He wants to know, if somebody already received his JH16. Which is obviously not the case.

I know, but didn't he make his point already in the earlier post?

It's quite funny when UE 18s are brought into the picture as well lol

Mar 13, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #353 of 509
I placed my order for these on Thursday, after talking to Jerry himself. Jerry is a really nice guy, and he went into great detail with me about the differences between the 13 vs 16. It basically breaks down to the 13 being the most accurate piece, while the 16 has a small bump in bass (making it more fun) and its also a louder piece. I was worried about the bass ruining the mid/upper ranges, but Jerry assured me that the other ranges are not affected. I can't wait to send my ear impressions in on Monday, the wait is going to kill me! Thankfully I have a protector/slim (soon to be released) to take my mind off it while I wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 8:23 PM Post #354 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by OPTiK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I placed my order for these on Thursday, after talking to Jerry himself. Jerry is a really nice guy, and he went into great detail with me about the differences between the 13 vs 16. It basically breaks down to the 13 being the most accurate piece, while the 16 has a small bump in bass (making it more fun) and its also a louder piece. I was worried about the bass ruining the mid/upper ranges, but Jerry assured me that the other ranges are not affected. I can't wait to send my ear impressions in on Monday, the wait is going to kill me! Thankfully I have a protector/slim (soon to be released) to take my mind off it while I wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Great info, so 13 for me
beerchug.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 9:56 PM Post #355 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by OPTiK /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Sounds like the JH16 is clearly better than the JH13 for most listeners. Funny that it was originally targeted towards stage musicians given that it's louder and "more fun" than the JH13. Maybe the 13 gets relegated to studio production?

Mar 13, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #356 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like the JH16 is clearly better than the JH13 for most listeners. Funny that it was originally targeted towards stage musicians given that it's louder and "more fun" than the JH13. Maybe the 13 gets relegated to studio production?

Well, "better" depends on what your looking for. If you want the most accurate piece then the 13's are the way to go.. if you want something with more bottom end bump that doesn't affect the rest of the sound spectrum then the 16's are the way to go.

I was actually leaning towards the 13's, but I listen to music that would benefit from increased bottom end. It's like choosing the D7000's over HD800's in a way. But, the 13's already have a slight bass boost to begin with. Many people have said that the 13's have enough bass
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 13, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #357 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by kobayashi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Since when more bass mean clearly better sound? For me JH13 have plenty of bass.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Mar 14, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #358 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachkebia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great info, so 13 for me
beerchug.gif

X2

Mar 14, 2010 at 8:12 AM Post #360 of 509
I'd like to go used JH 13 pro and get them remoulded, would save me a heck of a lot of money
tongue.gif
Hardly that plan is going to work though hehe. Not the biggest fan of IEMs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back