The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor
Jan 20, 2010 at 5:43 PM Post #136 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioDwebe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My crystal ball tells me this (JH13 vs JH16) is going to be like the HD600 vs HD650 debate that's been ongoing for a long time.

Yeah, that's also what I thought. More like the O2 mk1 vs O2 mk2 than the Senn.

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:45 PM Post #137 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
true dat brother, these things(jh-13's) are awesome dont get me wrong, but after a week or so the novelty wears off. Its not that they stop sounding as good, its that you get used to them sounding that good. its like when you first went blu ray with your hd tv, it looks amazing, then you just start expecting it.

Agree. But it is horrible after few days of only using JH13 to go back for something like triple fi.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jan 20, 2010 at 8:47 PM Post #138 of 509
Just read that "isn't necessarily better" quote from Jerry.

I don't know about you, but whenever I've ever heard those three words together normally meant that whatever was being compared, for the most part, WAS better. Just not always.

Just from the specs alone (limited I know), it seems the 16's are identical to the 13's, but with additional bass. I wonder if it's going to sound pretty much identical to the 13's, but with more bass frequencies available, if called on to start slammin'.

Can't wait for the reviews to start. Really curious as to what peoples' impression of these will be.

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #139 of 509
I would say the 16's will have that additional headroom due to a greater capacity by the drivers. This will most likely translate to greater dynamics and impact. I don't know that they could be any faster, time will tell but that they will offer an ease in the presentation of the sound, I have no doubt. Effortless comes to mind.

Jan 20, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #140 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, that's also what I thought. More like the O2 mk1 vs O2 mk2 than the Senn.

Whenever I find myself wishing for just a pinch more bass for the JH13, I think of the O2 mk2. I similarly wish that the O2 mk1 had a pinch more bass. And, to me, the O2 mk2 has it. But it throws the rest out of whack for me. Not by much--it's still a great headphone--but enough that I stayed with the O2 mk1. I have no idea what the Jh16 will sound like, and I hope it sounds great. But I'm finally starting to learn that this stuff is a very delicate balance. If a pinch is all I want, then I should probably just relax and rock out.

Of course, if I had the funds, I still would be sorely tempted to try the 16.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #145 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by MadDog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am willing to give JH16 a shot if anyne can confirm it's better sounding than JH13. I am hoping for the better fit with JH16 if I get it.

You will make your decision based on just one strangers 100% subjective opinion?
darthsmile.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #146 of 509
I don't think that the JH16 will be necessarily better than the JH13. It will be less neutral - with a boost in the bass which doesn't sound so good. Neutral is better
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 21, 2010 at 2:34 PM Post #147 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think that the JH16 will be necessarily better than the JH13. It will be less neutral - with a boost in the bass which doesn't sound so good. Neutral is better
smily_headphones1.gif

since no one has heard them, i think the only opinion we can run on is Jerry's, and he says the only difference is added headroom for the bass, not a bass boost. So until we hear otherwise from someone who has both, i think its safe to say they would be pretty identical.

Jan 21, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #149 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whenever I find myself wishing for just a pinch more bass for the JH13, I think of the O2 mk2. I similarly wish that the O2 mk1 had a pinch more bass. And, to me, the O2 mk2 has it. But it throws the rest out of whack for me. Not by much--it's still a great headphone--but enough that I stayed with the O2 mk1. I have no idea what the Jh16 will sound like, and I hope it sounds great. But I'm finally starting to learn that this stuff is a very delicate balance. If a pinch is all I want, then I should probably just relax and rock out.

Of course, if I had the funds, I still would be sorely tempted to try the 16.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Much as I think the O2 mk1 lacks some low-end touch, I'm perfectly fine with the JH13s' bass. I'm not sure if I want more bass than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back