The JH16 Pro: JH Audio Announces The JH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor
Jan 15, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #31 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bína /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jaime: So it is better than JH13 and only cost 50$ more?

The official word, I believe, is that the 16's are just different and designed for performers. For neutral monitoring applications, the 13's should be better.

Jan 15, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #32 of 509
Woah! So UE just released their UE18 Pro and in the same day JH announce an 8 driver custom IEM?! Too cool!
biggrin.gif
Can't wait to see the impressions from people.

Jan 15, 2010 at 9:08 PM Post #33 of 509
Well, if one launches missiles, the other has to do it too...

Kind of shocked that it's only $50 more.

I see they still haven't gotten the bubbles down. Wonder what UE and other manufacturers do to avoid that?

I'd hope for an upgrade/trade up/discount program for previous owners but I don't actually expect one to happen for any company out there
frown.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 9:27 PM Post #35 of 509
Wow. I know Westone and Jerry had previous issues with each other (they use to work together for goodness sake) but now it seems like the monster Jerry created (UE) are trying to compete (against Jerry's JH Audio of course) for top ranks in the IEM world for artists who care about performance and quality (and of course us audiophiles, hah!)

I hope Westone steps up to the plate! For some reason I'm rooting for Westone! Maybe because I own their UM2s and love them...:].

Jan 15, 2010 at 10:18 PM Post #37 of 509
Hmm... maybe it's time I look into an upgrade to my UE-10 pros. I must say, as far as a super clean neutral sounding IEM goes, I have yet to find my UE-10s to be lacking after so many years.

Jan 15, 2010 at 10:29 PM Post #38 of 509
I would be impressed if I could keep a headphone/IEM for more than a year. I only owned my Grado's for 3 months and I thought it was a year haha. I do not think I will enter the custom IEM world until my late teen's or early 20's. Too many issues and everyone will be like woah they look really ugly, how much were they. "$1500" "WOAH!! WHY WOULD YOU SPEND THAT MUCH ON THOSE STUPID THINGS!?!?!" "Because I like music".

Jan 15, 2010 at 10:38 PM Post #39 of 509
Well, I've bought/sold several headphones in time that I've owned the UE-10s. I've always wanted to try the Westone UM3X, but haven't convinced myself to pull the trigger on those yet, especially with these new customs coming out.

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #40 of 509
oh wow..ue 18 and jha16 both being introduced so close to each other. exciting times ahead for sure

looks like you got lots of listening to do jude
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:09 PM Post #42 of 509
It's probably not more bass in quantity, but rather quality, speed and everything else that you can think of that makes up the lows.

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:41 PM Post #44 of 509
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guarneri /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... maybe it's time I look into an upgrade to my UE-10 pros. I must say, as far as a super clean neutral sounding IEM goes, I have yet to find my UE-10s to be lacking after so many years.

I felt the same way and recently upgraded to the JH13 and to me the difference is not subtle. I thought the UE10 was a superior IEMm but I think the JH13 is comparable to some of the best headphones around. In other words, go for it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaoDi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's probably not more bass in quantity, but rather quality, speed and everything else that you can think of that makes up the lows.

I take it to be the exact opposite from JH's statement. But we'll see (or hear as the case may be).

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:44 PM Post #45 of 509
Why are many drivers so important? i find this race a bit ridiculous.
The thing that degrades and distort sound more is possibly the crossover. Why would anyone want more crossovers? In the speaker world this is well understood and many of the very best speakers treat this as a highly critical issue aiming to reduce crossovers or spending a LOT of money and time in developing ultra sophisticated crossovers. But something is generally clear, the less, the better.

I believe that a good two way speaker monitor can render music much better than multi-ways of the same price and above. Why is it that iem manufacturers are marketing us the opposite????

Users who are viewing this thread

Back