The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Nov 1, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #466 of 687

14 weeks of waiting? The JH16 takes roughly 4 weeks to build from scratch. Speaking of which, just got a tracking info from JHAudio my JH16PRO is on transit.
beerchug.gif

The 4 weeks I spent waiting for it is agonizing let alone 14 weeks for a re-shelling.

Actually they said 16 weeks for reshelling and 12 or 13 for products.

Nov 1, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #468 of 687
Anyone considered the old jh16 over the freqphase? I'm considering this as I've read the FP has less bass overall but perhaps better soundstage and clarity? Help me out guys. I've had the old jh16 and loved it but sort of wished it had a little more treble presence.

Nov 1, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #469 of 687
I have old jh16, I was going to jh13 freqphase.  However, Jerry create ciem call "ROXANNE", I order that instead.
later, If I want to try jh13, I would order with jh3a.

OH yes, I love my jh16, I have change the cable couple of times.  Now, I'm wiith toxic silver poison.  It's ok...to my ears
warm sounding.
I wouldn't sell it, just keep it. 
wink.gif

Nov 3, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #470 of 687
Anyone considered the old jh16 over the freqphase? I'm considering this as I've read the FP has less bass overall but perhaps better soundstage and clarity? Help me out guys. I've had the old jh16 and loved it but sort of wished it had a little more treble presence.

I think what's said is that the Freqphase has made it so that the bass isn't forever present but still equally capable if the track and recording quality allows for it to come forth. As a side-effect, it has made the tonality shift to more neutral than before. Take this with a bag of salt since it's been a very long time since I listened to the JH16 non-FP and I have returned my JH16FP a week ago. Would be great if someone else can confirm.

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:33 AM Post #472 of 687

I think what's said is that the Freqphase has made it so that the bass isn't forever present but still equally capable if the track and recording quality allows for it to come forth. As a side-effect, it has made the tonality shift to more neutral than before. Take this with a bag of salt since it's been a very long time since I listened to the JH16 non-FP and I have returned my JH16FP a week ago. Would be great if someone else can confirm.

GG, what is your take on the JH13FP vs JH16FP?

Nov 3, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #474 of 687
Thanks for the clarification, I just decided to go with the non-FP JH 16 version.

Quote:

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #475 of 687
Nov 3, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #476 of 687

I heard them both 16 and 16fp before i decided to buy 16fp

I think the 16 fp is more transparant, open sound sig, and cleaner bass
The imaging and stage presentasion is far better at 16fp
I use same player same sound to compare
16 fp is cleaner than old 16

After i heard them both, i think 16 fp is far better than old 16

That is my personal opinion (and few friends who heard it decided to buy 16fp together with me)

Nov 3, 2013 at 5:32 PM Post #478 of 687
I think for my preferences I made the right choice. Thanks for the input guys

Nov 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #479 of 687
I checked the tracking on Fedex and says my JH16PRO has already been delivered. Sweet. I was expecting a call from Fedex to settle some import/duties tax before they deliver it. I guess I don't need to pay any duties.

Now I'm excited to get home. I might call the second half of the day off from work. LOL

Nov 3, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #480 of 687
I checked the tracking on Fedex and says my JH16PRO has already been delivered. Sweet. I was expecting a call from Fedex to settle some import/duties tax before they deliver it. I guess I don't need to pay any duties.

Now I'm excited to get home. I might call the second half of the day off from work. LOL

Oh don't worry. Fedex will still deliver to you then chase you with the GST payment. I've gone through that before. There is no escaping GST where Fedex is concern. EMS shipping u can avoid GST

Users who are viewing this thread

Back