The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2013 at 7:49 AM Post #361 of 687

Excellent! Get your pics up when they arrive!

beerchug.gif

Will do man ,,, haha currently looking for a nice tube amp desktop use ... any recommendations ?

Price range please...Also, are you going to use the JH16's with it or full sized cans?

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:52 AM Post #363 of 687
i have the WA7 + EH Tubes on the way, how good will the JH16 sound? also JH16 vs TH900 Treble/bass wise what do you guys think? btw i listen to the music on the PC in my room, no portable use at all :p 

atm i have TH600, used to have UM Miracle

Oct 8, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #364 of 687
For the time being jus iems but plan to get cans too ... was considering the wa7 but a bit pricey

I would look at the ALO PanAm....

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #366 of 687

I would look at the ALO PanAm....

why pan am? i would require the gateway to provide a cleaner power source to have less noise ... plus the built in dac would mean i can't run all my songs with it as i have quite a few that are higher than 88.2khz ... hence i would have to use a line out instead

Ah...I did not realize you were a hi-rez fan....A stand alone amp would be best. I have not used my JH16's with my desktop system.That is what my HD800's are for...
biggrin.gif

I have the HP-P1 and the Dragonfly. Someone else will need to chime in on a desktop tube amp for CIEM's.....

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #367 of 687

Ah...I did not realize you were a hi-rez fan....A stand alone amp would be best. I have not used my JH16's with my desktop system.That is what my HD800's are for...
biggrin.gif

I have the HP-P1 and the Dragonfly. Someone else will need to chime in on a desktop tube amp for CIEM's.....

as of now the only one i see that will suit my needs is the wa7 ... allow me to play all my high res audio plus gives me a warm tube sound ... but its gonna burn a hole in my wallet .. haha

Oct 8, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #368 of 687
the treble on my jh16 has gotten so harsh that it's almost impossible to comfortably listen to music for more than 5 minutes.  Any ideas on why this could have happened?

Oct 8, 2013 at 1:49 PM Post #369 of 687
  the treble on my jh16 has gotten so harsh that it's almost impossible to comfortably listen to music for more than 5 minutes.  Any ideas on why this could have happened?

can i know your DAC, AMP and source? i used to get harsh sound from any iem before even UM miracle, then got a nice dac with iUSB and things became better, a clean PSU is needed in case u didnt wana go for the iUSB, avoid Corsair PSU -.-''  a good DAC is Dacport LX and a good amp is UHA-6s.mkii , new clean PSU or iUSB and your Treble will be very smooth and enjoyable ^^ 

the PSU will only be a trouble in case the DAC is using USB, else things such as MagicTube D1 acting like a DAC is a good idea because they dont  use the PC's PSU.  

Oct 8, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #371 of 687
I have hundreds of hours on my JH16's and the treble is sweet as day one. They are so clear and revealing I don't want to take them out sometimes....

Oct 9, 2013 at 11:15 AM Post #373 of 687
  The sweetest piece of news came in the form of an email today ... gonna receive my JH 16s tomorrow ... woooo hahah

Nice, for me this is day 1 of waiting as they have confirmed receiving my ear impressions. How long did you wait since they got your impressions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back