The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Sep 13, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #332 of 687
I can't wait to pair my JH16 with the DX50. Hopefully by the time I get my 16s iBasso will have a stable and feature packed firmware ready. Do you get any hissing with the two pairing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Scale up to 10, hiss is a 2 even on High Gain.  Its only just hardly audible to me.  The X3 has more hiss, as does my Studio V and J3.  The DX50 is very quiet and has no popping or added noise toggling up through the gain modes in a paused track.  Excellent Performance. 

Sep 13, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #333 of 687
Low gain has more hiss than mid or high gain with JH16 FP. Hiss is very audible. I'd say it's halfway from black to unlistenable hiss. Acceptable but sort of disappointed. Popping at startup.

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #334 of 687
  Low gain has more hiss than mid or high gain with JH16 FP. Hiss is very audible. I'd say it's halfway from black to unlistenable hiss. Acceptable but sort of disappointed. Popping at startup.

That makes no sense, something wrong with your DX50 if that is the case.  I have three different friends here who own the JH16 FreakPhazes and just tested out my DX50 with the firmware update, there isn't anything even remotely close to gripe about on the hiss factor and it doesnt change at all when flipping the switches up to mid to high.  Also, low gain certainly doesn't have more hiss than the other two gain modes.  Contact iBasso and ask them what is going on because that is not supposed to happen.  I have no popping at start up, nor shut down.  There was a pop and a funny Pachooommm sound on shut off pre-firmware.  Post firmware cleared everything, not a peep out of it.

Sep 13, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #335 of 687

Something isn't right with your player.  My JH16 FP are almost dead silent on high gain, hiss is just into the realm of audibility and is actually more silent than my Fiio X3.  My player has no pops or odd sounds after I updated the firmware.  My advice: reupload the latest firmware.

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:41 AM Post #338 of 687
Toxic Cables Silver Widows....There is a bit of a wait after ordering, but they are terrific.

Sep 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #339 of 687
+1 for silver widows. They are extraordinary cables.

Sep 14, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #340 of 687
I use http://stefanaudioart.com/headphone%20cable%20E%20Series%20JH%2016%20Pro, fantastic cables, plus you have a thirty day money back guarantee, no other cable manufacturer offers that. My JH16's with SAA cable.

Sep 15, 2013 at 12:17 AM Post #342 of 687

Taeyeon says DHC Silver Peptide. =]

Nice looking cables! 
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #343 of 687
I just received the Moon-Audio Silver Dragon IEM cable a couple of days ago. It is that much a difference than the stock cable that I am thinking my stock cable was broke or something. I really dont know what happened. Suddenly the soundstage opened up completely and everything was flying around... :) I definitely recommend the moon-audio cable.

Oct 4, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #345 of 687
OMG !!! JH has just released news of their new flagship .... the JH Siren series Roxanne ... my jh16s has yet to arrive :frowning2:

To find out more about it you can watch the video that i've linked (starting at 13min 30sec)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja7NE3XwuMs&feature=c4-overview&list=UUWmO1afpreRxiVw5N0Oqmyg

trio quad driver setup (12 drivers on each side)
full carbon fiber shell (+200USD upgrade)
adjustable bass response

OMG need to get my hands on them soon ... haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back