The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Jul 21, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #121 of 687
Quote:
I'm getting mine this week. Anyone got any burning in tips/tracks or thread i could refer to?

There are specialty files / cds for burning in speakers, but I never tried them.   I just play Beethoven symphony no. 3 on a repeating loop.  IMO any music that has a wide tonal range with plenty of bass and treble should work.  I give my burn in plenty of time, around 200 hours, 9-10 days.  This has worked for me in the past.  I'm a day or so into it with my JH 16 pros.

Jul 21, 2013 at 10:56 PM Post #122 of 687
There are specialty files / cds for burning in speakers, but I never tried them.   I just play Beethoven symphony no. 3 on a repeating loop.  IMO any music that has a wide tonal range with plenty of bass and treble should work.  I give my burn in plenty of time, around 200 hours, 9-10 days.  This has worked for me in the past.  I'm a day or so into it with my JH 16 pros.

Thanks for the advise. Have you the name of these files?

Jul 25, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #125 of 687
Subbed, looking for a first pair of customs. And this thread is awesome, JH customers post nice photos :)

It is all about the great subject matter...:wink:

Jul 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #126 of 687
I'm pretty darn confident BA drivers don't need burn in. The cables may. :) This is what I experienced with the Westone ES5.

Just got the JH16 in. Ordered them four weeks ago. JH3A is backordered so they'll be coming in later. For now, just going to handle it with my iPhone. :p 
Let's see just how bassy this thing is. I wonder if I can get access to a non-freqphase version for some comparisons (will strive to get a seal).

I can probably make some comparisons to the ES5, Tralucent 1Plus2 (which I will be reviewing soon after I burn my JH16 cables in), and a UM 3DD soon.

Jul 26, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #128 of 687
I just wanted to show off my JH16 since I just got it back from Inearz

Jul 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #129 of 687
BAs Drivers don't burnin
But the Crossover does.

and cable also burn in (if you have faith...) I personally don't.

Jul 31, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #130 of 687
I'm waiting on my JH16's they should be here in the next 2 weeks.

I've been on the edge of getting upgraded cables or not and I think after reading this thread I will pick up some cables. I did notice a significant increase in sound quality when I switched from my old guitar patch cord to a 99.999% copper cable from planet waves. So  I wonder what a better cable will do for my JH16's...

Anyway I can't wait hear how these things sound. My friend has a pair of HD800's and LCD2's so I'm curious to see how a top tier CIEM compares to what is pretty much the bench mark for full size Headphones.

Jul 31, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #131 of 687
Benchmark? Don't get ahead of yourself now. :p
They're good but the in ears just don't compete with full sized cans in terms of visceralness, realism, imaging, and microdetail. IEMs do have their own benefits however. It's really Apples to Oranges.
Quote:
I'm waiting on my JH16's they should be here in the next 2 weeks.

I've been on the edge of getting upgraded cables or not and I think after reading this thread I will pick up some cables. I did notice a significant increase in sound quality when I switched from my old guitar patch cord to a 99.999% copper cable from planet waves. So  I wonder what a better cable will do for my JH16's...

Anyway I can't wait hear how these things sound. My friend has a pair of HD800's and LCD2's so I'm curious to see how a top tier CIEM compares to what is pretty much the bench mark for full size Headphones.

Jul 31, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #133 of 687
I never liked the sound of headphone cans for some reason.  There's just something off sq wise about it.

Jul 31, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #135 of 687
Sound quality wise? That's interesting... For me, IEMs sound too inside my head, and headphones don't fix this either. Only speakers sound natural and creates a musical ambiance for me, hence why I sold everything headphones and went with speakers.
Quote:
I never liked the sound of headphone cans for some reason.  There's just something off sq wise about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back