The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #571 of 687
You will need to apply Reynolds transport theorem on both left and right IEMs if they are equal it is freqphase else they are not ... also do ensure that it is steady state ... this would result in total differential of 0. Just kidding ... i'm not sure was to stress doing my homework ... lol

Apr 4, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #572 of 687
  You will need to apply Reynolds transport theorem on both left and right IEMs if they are equal it is freqphase else they are not ... also do ensure that it is steady state ... this would result in total differential of 0. Just kidding ... i'm not sure was to stress doing my homework ... lol

Errrrrr....... I hope this helped you to unwind a little... hahahaha

Apr 4, 2014 at 2:43 PM Post #573 of 687
Just got my JH16 today! I will post some pictures later when I get back. I put them on and the seal is tight. The sound is also very good; I am very impressed! 

For those of you who are experienced with CIEM fits, my JH16 is quite tight. It doesn't cause any major discomfort (but some discomfort especially on the left ear); however, I can definitely feel it pushing on my ear wall and when I take it off, there is a sense of relief/relaxation on my ear walls. In short, it is quite tight, but tight enough that there aren't any major discomforts and the seal cannot be broken. Is this normal? I believe I read somewhere in the JH threads that CIEMs can take a few days to adjust to, since this is my first CIEM. I'll try it more for a few days. This tightness is normal though, is it?

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #575 of 687
Mark up the pressure points and fill out their form online and see how they work.  Mine was tight in some areas but had them adjust it a couple of times and it works fine now.

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #576 of 687
In my case they were too tight and we're causing me pain so I had to send them back. Yes I felt the same relief when I took them off and that should never be the case at least for me.

Oh no, interesting. Hope I will be able to adjust to them in the next couple of days. How long did it take for them to return them back to you?

Also, here are my JH16s. Need to work on my camera skills! They look much better in real life.

Apr 4, 2014 at 6:19 PM Post #577 of 687
After JH received them it took them a couple of days and they sent it overnight so well within a week I got them back.
Both times it was around 3-4 days to get them back.
Hope that helps.

Apr 4, 2014 at 9:20 PM Post #578 of 687
Oh no, interesting. Hope I will be able to adjust to them in the next couple of days. How long did it take for them to return them back to you?

Also, here are my JH16s. Need to work on my camera skills! They look much better in real life.

I gave them 5 days instead of a week because I wanted to take advantage of the 30 day refit time frame.

After JH received them it took them a couple of days and they sent it overnight so well within a week I got them back.
Both times it was around 3-4 days to get them back.
Hope that helps.

Same here I got a reply back in 2 days I made sure to mark the pressure points and I got an email today that they have been sent.

Apr 29, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #579 of 687
I've had my 16s for almost 4 weeks now, definitely enjoying them more and more each day. Hearing them open up after hours of use, and the P-51 Mustang opening up as well is awesome. Enjoying my music more and more lately.

Mass more impactful and punchy, soundstage expanded a bit, details seem to be retrieved better, just all around really fantastic.

Part of me wants to switch from an X3 --> Mustang --> JH16 setup to like, a higher quality DAP that doesn't necessarily need an amp, like the AK120, but they're so expensive :frowning2:

Anyway, a couple of pictures, the Red/Blue pair with White faceplate is my set of 16s, and just for fun, the Black pair is my set of 11s. JH16s have a Silver Dragon attached, JH11s have an OCC Silver from Ted.

Lame pictures taken from my Nexus 5, don't really have a better camera, but yeah

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:12 PM Post #580 of 687
JH16s with ak120 good choice imo ... that why i got them for myself ... haha currently waiting for my silver widows by toxic ... fingers crossed that they will be the finishing touch to a portable setup ... haha

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #581 of 687
  JH16s with ak120 good choice imo ... that why i got them for myself ... haha currently waiting for my silver widows by toxic ... fingers crossed that they will be the finishing touch to a portable setup ... haha

You will love the finishing touches....

Apr 29, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #582 of 687

$1300 though :frowning2:

More than I paid for my JH6s

Maybe if I sell my X3 + Mustang + E12 + iPod and buy one used, and then snag another 128GB Micro SD ...

But yeah, I really really loved the sound of the 16s with a Silver Cable, just added that extra bit of detail and smoothness that just is to die for

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:18 PM Post #583 of 687
$1300 though :frowning2:

More than I paid for my JH6s

Maybe if I sell my X3 + Mustang + E12 + iPod and buy one used, and then snag another 128GB Micro SD ...

But yeah, I really really loved the sound of the 16s with a Silver Cable, just added that extra bit of detail and smoothness that just is to die for

Check out the DX90, it has a powerful amp built-in. You won't need an external amp. It sounds at least on par if not better than AK120. (Take this with a grain of salt as I never liked how AK120 sound like with my JH16. The bass is lacking punch and grunt for me)

Both JH16 and Roxanne pairs well with DX90. The amp is powerful enough to properly drive my full-size can Beyerdynamic T1.

It will only cost you 419 USD.

Apr 29, 2014 at 7:42 PM Post #584 of 687
Was actually really excited about the roxanne before it was released ... however it didn't seem to blow me off my feet ... it seemed to improved in certain areas but lack in others ... somehow the overall feel wasn't right for me. .. Exams in 18 mins and i'm still on this forum ... lol

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #585 of 687
Was on the fence about the roxannes too, but then I got the fiio x5 and then decided that yes, with the extra detail and clarity I finally found what I was searching for.  I don't need the roxannes.  Too bad I never heard about the dx90 until it was too late but i don't need to i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back