The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Jun 11, 2013 at 4:51 PM Post #61 of 687
Sorry, late update..

I am in the UK and ordered them from 'the headhone company'
They check the impressions, check the artwork...
No real updates as such.... order them wait 6 or 7 weeks and they turned up!! :)

Jun 11, 2013 at 6:49 PM Post #62 of 687
Quote:
Sorry, late update..

I am in the UK and ordered them from 'the headhone company'
They check the impressions, check the artwork...
No real updates as such.... order them wait 6 or 7 weeks and they turned up!! :)

Pictures please!

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #63 of 687
Heh, as it turns out.  The robots authority cannot be challenged.  They never delivered it and I had to go 1 zip code away to another fedex to finally get them.  Here it is:

Luckily the fit was perfect.  I did a closed mouth ear mold impression, and it worked out wonderful.  I even talk and stuff and seal dont break.  The bass is exactly like the xba 40's except it has no volume limit, doesn't distort.  This means either the jh16's bass is really crappy or the xba 40's aint as bad as people say.  I've been listening to them for roughly 5 hours now, and I've gotta say that they are perfect in every aspect except one.  JUST ONE AND IT BUGS THE HELL OUT OF ME:  They are freaking warm/dark (take your pick).  Lots of detail, but wow they are so much darker than my sony xba 40, which btw I think is actually on par with the jh16.  Don't get me wrong, the jh16's have a bit more detail than the xba 40 but the warmpth is just...too much.  It reminds me of the combination of xba40 + digizoid z02.  I heard others say the jh16 was bright, but for me its not even close.

What are the chances that all the tweeters are blown right away?  probably very slim.  Maybe it was supposed to be this way.  I'll try the silver cable later, after I finish eating my micky D.  11 hours at work and no food
triportsad.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #64 of 687
Quote:
Heh, as it turns out.  The robots authority cannot be challenged.  They never delivered it and I had to go 1 zip code away to another fedex to finally get them.  Here it is:

Luckily the fit was perfect.  I did a closed mouth ear mold impression, and it worked out wonderful.  I even talk and stuff and seal dont break.  The bass is exactly like the xba 40's except it has no volume limit, doesn't distort.  This means either the jh16's bass is really crappy or the xba 40's aint as bad as people say.  I've been listening to them for roughly 5 hours now, and I've gotta say that they are perfect in every aspect except one.  JUST ONE AND IT BUGS THE HELL OUT OF ME:  They are freaking warm/dark (take your pick).  Lots of detail, but wow they are so much darker than my sony xba 40, which btw I think is actually on par with the jh16.  Don't get me wrong, the jh16's have a bit more detail than the xba 40 but the warmpth is just...too much.  It reminds me of the combination of xba40 + digizoid z02.  I heard others say the jh16 was bright, but for me its not even close.

What are the chances that all the tweeters are blown right away?  probably very slim.  Maybe it was supposed to be this way.  I'll try the silver cable later, after I finish eating my micky D.  11 hours at work and no food
triportsad.gif

They are gorgeous, however, until you have a couple hundred hours on them, you cannot judge the sound. Break in is real....

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #65 of 687
yea I'm praying that break in is not a myth, and also that the silver-cable-makes-your-iems-brighter myth is also true.  As well as this-is-what-it's-supposed-to-sound-like, nothing-is-broken.

Jun 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #66 of 687
Quote:

triportsad.gif

Quote:
They are gorgeous, however, until you have a couple hundred hours on them, you cannot judge the sound. Break in is real....

Eric, I'm just curious as to whether you think they are/were warm? I am getting frustrated with my fit and am considering another CIEM.

Jun 11, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #67 of 687
Whelp, I just changed the stock cables to chris-himself 24 occ silver cables.  I am now a believer!  Jalelullah!  Holeluyah!  Howeveryouspellityah! (EDIT: slightly more midbass...? not too sure), definitely more detail, soundstage did get bigger -sony xba 40's had it beat there for a second... and definitely made it bright enough to where I can live with it.  Hopefully it will get even brighter.  I also noticed now that the voices are a bit closer now, don't know if want...  I'll figure it out sooner or later.

I have read thousands of posts on whether or not silver cables make a difference, and I was in denial but not anymore.  I can definitely say I can pass blind cable tests.  (between different types of cables, not sure about silver vs silver etc)  However it was a huge biach to swap out cables, so tight I thought I broke'em.  Not doing that again.

Anyway, screw you nay-sayers! 

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:23 PM Post #68 of 687
Quote:
Quote:

Eric, I'm just curious as to whether you think they are/were warm? I am getting frustrated with my fit and am considering another CIEM.

Steve, I do not consider the JH16's to be bright at all. They do have a lot of bottom end...Hey, they have 8 bass drivers between the L/R! Considering I use them while traveling I appreciate the extra bottom end to deal with road/plane noise. I am consistently pleased with their performance. When I use them with the HP-P1 it is fantastic. Zero regrets, I would buy them again no problem.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #69 of 687
Listening to them again now, I have to agree that the jh16's are freaking fantastic!  Especially with that silver cable!  They are now brighter than with those standard cables and the bass is just superb sounding.  It's the best damn non-eq'd iems I've heard.  However when I turn on that 6.5 db bass boost on my jds c5 amp, the bass is really awesome for some tracks, but adds some unwanted midbass to others.  The c5 amp had great synergy with the sony xba 40's and jh16's, but with the bass boost on, it's only great with the sony xba 40's and just a little too much with the jh16's. 

Anyone know a good synergetic amp-with-a-bass-option for the jh16's?  No fiio products please.  They are great but I don't want their warm signatures.

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:47 PM Post #70 of 687
Quote:
Steve, I do not consider the JH16's to be bright at all. They do have a lot of bottom end...Hey, they have 8 bass drivers between the L/R! Considering I use them while traveling I appreciate the extra bottom end to deal with road/plane noise. I am consistently pleased with their performance. When I use them with the HP-P1 it is fantastic. Zero regrets, I would buy them again no problem.

Thanks for the info. 
beerchug.gif
.......btw am on the parts pulled phase.....guessing about 20 days to go.

Quote:
Listening to them again now, I have to agree that the jh16's are freaking fantastic!  Especially with that silver cable!  They are now brighter than with those standard cables and the bass is just superb sounding.  It's the best damn non-eq'd iems I've heard.  However when I turn on that 6.5 db bass boost on my jds c5 amp, the bass is really awesome for some tracks, but adds some unwanted midbass to others.  The c5 amp had great synergy with the sony xba 40's and jh16's, but with the bass boost on, it's only great with the sony xba 40's and just a little too much with the jh16's. 

Anyone know a good synergetic amp-with-a-bass-option for the jh16's?  No fiio products please.  They are great but I don't want their warm signatures.

Hey chengy.......your enthusiasm is catchy.......my wallet is rumbling 
blink.gif

ksc75smile.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #71 of 687
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the info. 
beerchug.gif

Quote:

blink.gif

ksc75smile.gif

I have my Taboo driving my new DM945's!  love them.

Now you need to start deciding on your JH16 artwork...
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 11, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #72 of 687
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks for the info. 
beerchug.gif

blink.gif

ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
I have my Taboo driving my new DM945's!  love them.

Now you need to start deciding on your JH16 artwork...
evil_smiley.gif

You know Eric, for a nice guy...your cruel and unusually expensive to have as a friend. 
angry_face.gif

wink_face.gif

L3000.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #73 of 687
Quote:

Did you guys mean the Silver Dragon Cable by Moon Audio when you guys said silver cable?

Jun 12, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #75 of 687
Can any of you guys compare the bass of JH16/13 with that of a comply foam tipped Klipsch S4?

I am leaning towards a JH16 but wondering if the bass maybe too much. I found the bass of the S4 lacking, but then put foam tips on it and the bass is amazing, although it does bleed into the mids a little much for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back