The JH16 Pro Impressions Thread
Jun 8, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #46 of 687
Hi lightningfarron,how was the sound quality of the jh16 sony walkman combo without amps? Is it enough? I use walkmans too and i just ordered the jh16,was wondering do i need an portable amp?

Jun 8, 2013 at 2:50 PM Post #47 of 687
Quote:
Hi lightningfarron,how was the sound quality of the jh16 sony walkman combo without amps? Is it enough? I use walkmans too and i just ordered the jh16,was wondering do i need an portable amp?

Hi jasonxff

the walkman can drive the jh16 but will not bring the full potential of the jh16. you need better source to bring out the potential of the jh16

Jun 8, 2013 at 3:25 PM Post #49 of 687
Quote:
What do  you mean by better source? i tot walkman is pretty good,pls explain to as i`m still a newbie...

it means a better player.the sony is good but theres better player out there with the jh16.
hm601,hm801,dx100 is some of the example that people like with the jh16 from what i see if you dont want an amp :).

Jun 8, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #50 of 687
HP-P1 with an iPod Classic works wonders with the JH16's!

Jun 8, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #51 of 687
Quote:
it means a better player.the sony is good but theres better player out there with the jh16.
hm601,hm801,dx100 is some of the example that people like with the jh16 from what i see if you dont want an amp :).

Oh no, I just picked up upgraditidis from you and my jh16's won't even be here for a few more days!  I shoulda listened to my mother when she said not to hang out with people like you!

Seriously I need someone to tell me that I will be cured soon, and that there is nothing to worry about.  Someone please please tell me that I don't need the Algorythm Solo -R DAC (or any dac) for my Ipod nano 6g + jds C5 amp!

Jun 8, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #52 of 687
Quote:
Quote:

Oh no, I just picked up upgraditidis from you and my jh16's won't even be here for a few more days!  I shoulda listened to my mother when she said not to hang out with people like you!

Seriously I need someone to tell me that I will be cured soon, and that there is nothing to worry about.  Someone please please tell me that I don't need the Algorythm Solo -R DAC (or any dac) for my Ipod nano 6g + jds C5 amp!

Psssst....Hey....Wanna see a new Dac?  
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 9, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #53 of 687
biggrin.gif

the fostex HP-P1 that longbowbbs have got alot of praise for ipod
evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #54 of 687
Jun 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #57 of 687
The Sony PHA-1 pairs with JH16 extremely well actually.
But it does not have the soundstage, resolution and analog feeling of DX100 or HM901 with ES9018 chips.
It all come down to preferences. For someone who prefers a more intimate presentation, I won't be shocked to see he goes for the PHA-1 instead of those high end DAPs.

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #58 of 687
Quote:
The Sony PHA-1 pairs with JH16 extremely well actually.
But it does not have the soundstage, resolution and analog feeling of DX100 or HM901 with ES9018 chips.
It all come down to preferences. For someone who prefers a more intimate presentation, I won't be shocked to see he goes for the PHA-1 instead of those high end DAPs.

Who are you referring to? Me? 

I think i will try the 16 pro with X3 first and see  what happens next,if i got the chance i will go audition the PHA-1 with my Walkman and 16 pro.... But now i still waiting agonizingly for my 16 Pro to arrive.... 

Jun 10, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #59 of 687
Package arrived 2 days early, but held at fedex location down the street and wont be delivered until 2 more days.  I called them to see if I could just go pick it up at their current location.  I got their robot, and with its ****ty voice navigation technology, I managed to request to have it held indefinitely at a location farther away.  I HATE ROBOTS.

I finally got a human operator, and he said it's fine because the shipping of that package can't be altered, and asked if I wanted it to be delivered at the original time and I said 'yeah, btw your robot is freaking crazy please ignore what it tells you.'

So hopefully that will be that and there will be no screwups.

Jun 11, 2013 at 2:58 PM Post #60 of 687
Quote:
Package arrived 2 days early, but held at fedex location down the street and wont be delivered until 2 more days.  I called them to see if I could just go pick it up at their current location.  I got their robot, and with its ****ty voice navigation technology, I managed to request to have it held indefinitely at a location farther away.  I HATE ROBOTS.

I finally got a human operator, and he said it's fine because the shipping of that package can't be altered, and asked if I wanted it to be delivered at the original time and I said 'yeah, btw your robot is freaking crazy please ignore what it tells you.'

So hopefully that will be that and there will be no screwups.

I hate those robot operators so much!!!
Don't implement it until it is perfect, those robots nowadays most of them are dumb, can never be helpful, not even once, just a huge waste of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back