The Interconnect and Power Cable Thread.
Oct 11, 2015 at 10:46 PM Post #122 of 131
  Anyone has experience with the Astell & Kern's PEF16 crystal cable 3.5mm interconnect?  

I have both the PEF14 and PEF16.

Midrange sounds a little soft and lean.   Treble air and that openness and extension are unrivaled.   If you like bass that is really textured and is presented with the mid-bass REALLY separated from the sub-bass, then this interconnect is perfect for you.

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:55 PM Post #123 of 131
I cut up the PEF13 into 6 equal strands.  Paired it with a Nordost and refashioned and reterminated it into a pair of RCA cables for my Hugo and a custom amp.

The leaner midrange in the stock PEF13 has been corrected by the addition of the Nordost.

Oct 11, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #124 of 131

I have both the PEF14 and PEF16.

Midrange sounds a little soft and lean.   Treble air and that openness and extension are unrivaled.   If you like bass that is really textured and is presented with the mid-bass REALLY separated from the sub-bass, then this interconnect is perfect for you.

Cheers, thanks for the feedback. I already ordered the PEF16 and will be used with my Hugo + Alo Rx + se846

As the song goes "im totally addicted to bass"

Oct 22, 2015 at 6:39 PM Post #125 of 131

Cheers, thanks for the feedback. I already ordered the PEF16 and will be used with my Hugo + Alo Rx + se846

As the song goes "im totally addicted to bass"

OMG what a difference the PEF16 interconnect makes, and sound stage is has significantly expanded, bass is well controlled and extended you can even hear it fade in and out with HD jazz recordings.

Well worth the money!

Dec 5, 2015 at 10:44 PM Post #126 of 131

These can match the Crystal Cable PEF16, PEF13 for the run of their money.

In terms of speed and detail, these RCA interconnects are superbly top class.

Dec 16, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #128 of 131
Has anyone used the Shunyata Research Zitron Python AES/EBU cable before? If so, could you kindly post your impressions.  I personally am wondering what difference it would make if I were to connect my Emotiva ERC-3 CD player to my Yggy with it, without necessarily using Zitron Python cables everywhere else in my system.

I have the same question about anti-cables level 3 reference and cullen AES/EBU cables

Dec 18, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #129 of 131
Hi, probably noob question, please bear with me.

I have two SONY WM LOD cables - one is the Fiio L5 (https://www.amazon.ca/Fiio-L5-Line-Cable-Walkman) which has max 0,1Ω impendace and the Oyaide L25  (http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/chuya-online/item/107124/) which has a "characteristic impendance" of 33Ω and had a much higher price.

My question is  - what's the deal with the high impendance LOD cable? What is the advantage of it?

Feb 7, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #131 of 131
End-to-end cable resistance is one thing and it can be approximated with a typical Digital Multi-meter Ohms scale. The DC value and the audio frequency AC value will be almost the same.
While Radio Frequency Characteristic Impedance is another thing. It doesn't really kick in until above 100 kHz. It can not be measured with a DMM. It has nothing to do with analog audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back