Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Sep 24, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #4,786 of 5,538
Sep 25, 2022 at 12:09 AM Post #4,787 of 5,538
Here is m regular spam on how much I still enjoy the N8ii.

This is the only product I bought without ever having regrets.

@CayinSupport you guys should be really proud of your engineering team and at the same time anxious. You set the bar so high, I cant wait for Cayin N9.

Sep 26, 2022 at 6:40 AM Post #4,790 of 5,538
Our humble review of the N8ii. This unit came to us a bit later than the launch period, but gave me a chance to fiddle with it for a few months plus those all-important firmware dates. A beautiful tonal quality, especially with the P+ mode activated.

https://headfonics.com/cayin-n8ii-review/

1664188217769.png

Sep 26, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #4,791 of 5,538
Our humble review of the N8ii

Been waiting for this for a while. It was pretty obvious MT got a quick shipment of this unit and it wouldn't filter down to the regular review sites for quite a while. Looking forward to reading this!

Here's another one I haven't run across before... athough the reviewer is familiar to me.

Sep 26, 2022 at 10:33 AM Post #4,793 of 5,538
Our humble review of the N8ii

Been waiting for this for a while. It was pretty obvious MT got a quick shipment of this unit and it wouldn't filter down to the regular review sites for quite a while. Looking forward to reading this!

Here's another one I haven't run across before... athough the reviewer is familiar to me.

Yeah, sorry about that. Our unit came at the end of a Headfi run apparently, but nonetheless, still quite welcome.

Sep 27, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #4,794 of 5,538
@CayinSupport I was under the impression that a new firmware was in the works after the discovery that 1.5EN introduced a new bug with the volume control... Any indication when that new firmware will come?
We are applying for the certification of ROON. There will be firmware update after we get the certification. It might take a little more time, sorry for the inconvenience.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 27, 2022 at 5:15 AM Post #4,795 of 5,538
@marcusd: Thank you, good review. Better late than never …:wink:

I think it captures the intentions and the conceptual design by Cayin quite well. And it resonates well what I am hearing myself. Good point to reiterate on the N8ii‘s versatility. Finally, I think the comparison to other DAPs looks like taking fair points of view.

Two remarks if I may:
(1) Tidal and Spotify are just one selection of streaming sites, but I think at least Qobuz ought to be mentioned, too.
(2) Open Android and the capability to run third-party player apps like Neutron (fully functional for the N8ii) and UAPP (lacking only the ability to play the top-most resolutions PCM 705.6/768 kHz and DSD512 at the time of writing) should be stressed more IMHO.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2022 at 5:34 AM Post #4,796 of 5,538
(1) Tidal and Spotify are just one selection of streaming sites, but I think at least Qobuz ought to be mentioned, too.

Thanks again.

I used to until Qobuz stopped issuing media licenses earlier this year. :sleepy: Thanks again though much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back