Cayin N8ii: The Incredible DAP with ROHM DAC and fully BAL Nutube
Sep 21, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #4,771 of 5,547
Sorry I meant 6.9.1.0 :see_no_evil:

I have never really had issues with Qobuz betas, at least none that could either be corrected by leaving the beta program and reverting to the release version. And wrt UAPP, Davy is typically really communicative .. and quick in reverting / resolving issues that are discovered in beta.
Yeah, your Qobuz Version gives me new hope …

Regarding UAPP‘s Davy Wentzler: You are absolutely correct, and I have been working with him a lot. Very satisfying, except for one experience as mentioned.

With Qobuz, there was a hard time for normal users, when they went from 5.9 to 6 IIRC. That‘s why I would be reluctant. Besides, as of today, all Beta seats are filled.

But thanks a lot for your attention, time, help, and suggestions. Great interaction!

Sep 22, 2022 at 5:39 AM Post #4,772 of 5,547
@CayinSupport I was under the impression that a new firmware was in the works after the discovery that 1.5EN introduced a new bug with the volume control... Any indication when that new firmware will come?

Sep 22, 2022 at 12:59 PM Post #4,774 of 5,547
And the focus stealing, cant click anywhere after volume adjustment to make it go away faster. So annoying. Still not used to it. Still weak sauce every click. Not fast enough I'd love an option to completely disable it. I find it useless.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #4,775 of 5,547
And the focus stealing, cant click anywhere after volume adjustment to make it go away faster. So annoying. Still not used to it. Still weak sauce every click. Not fast enough I'd love an option to completely disable it. I find it useless.

Yeah that's annoying. Option to turn off would be great. Neutron shows the volume so don't need the on screen one

Sep 23, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #4,776 of 5,547
@WDitters, and of course everybody else: I got Qobuz Android App version 6.9.1.0 from Google Play this morning, the one you had from the Beta testing. However, no solution to "my" problem. The persistent Qobuz mini-player comes up around 1:15 mins after I closed the Qobuz app (what I had been calling the "re-appearance"). It grabs the audio and doesn't let go of it. And unfortunately it cannot be dismissed properly - it MUST receive a Close (X) button like Neutron has on its mini-player. The other methods of force-closing it are brutal and impractical - unacceptable. As described above and on Audiophile Style, the effect of the mini-player is that UAPP cannot play any audio when it is launched subsequently. I'll update the Audiophile Style thread accordingly, hoping that it will soon get Qobuz' attention.

Sep 23, 2022 at 3:06 AM Post #4,777 of 5,547
Regarding a potential new firmware, in particular volume control: I'd like to voice a different opinion. Volume control is fine for me as it is now, I do actually like to have to dismiss the "sunshine screen" by hitting the home button. If I may ask for an improvement: I would like to have a "Mute" button on that volume control "sunshine screen". Hitting it should set the volume to zero, and hitting it a second time should unmute it to restore the previous volume or whatever the position of the volume wheel is at that time. Maybe it would be possible to do these mute/unmute with a very short fading out/in. And it would be important to be able to see on the "sunshine screen" what the target volume will be before hitting the Unmute in order to prevent awful surprises. I mean that on a traditional device with an analog pot for volume control and a mute button one can physically see the position of the pot before pressin unmute.

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:42 AM Post #4,778 of 5,547
If you hit the home button it will dismiss the volume screen immediately.

Sep 23, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #4,779 of 5,547
If you hit the home button it will dismiss the volume screen immediately.
Thanks. I am aware of that.
That's not how every version of Cayin firmware for their models has worked though, and is annoying to manage all those super frequent additional thumb movements. They add up. I just can't get used to the new behavior and it has been confirmed as a bug to be fixed.

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #4,781 of 5,547
Just changed to the infamous Mircon MicroSD card expecting not much difference from SanDisk Ultra. Boy, was I wrong. The difference is quite noticeable. Would like to recommend it. 👍
Ok, I just got to try this for myself so I can put my skepticism to rest. You have a link of what specific Micron SD SKU you ordered, by chance?

Sep 23, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #4,782 of 5,547
Sep 23, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #4,783 of 5,547
I tried it on my LP6 Gold, I couldnt hear a difference, need to try on N8ii. Probably its worth buying the cheapest version they have, else it will be a costly experiment.

Sep 24, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #4,784 of 5,547

Users who are viewing this thread

Back