IMG_20171121_154854.jpg
IMG_20171121_155339.jpg

Attachments

• P1010749.JPG
    P1010749.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Nov 21, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #4,745 of 36,104
Nov 21, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #4,747 of 36,104
I bought them for myself, listening to them now with black filters (they were on them), using RHA tips. Have listened to the new Snowy White & The Flames and Eat Static albums. Sounding very good indeed. I don't notice much difference in open or closed modes (yet)

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 12:03 PM Post #4,748 of 36,104
I bought them for myself, listening to them now with black filters (they were on them), using RHA tips. Have listened to the new Snowy White & The Flames and Eat Static albums. Sounding very good indeed. I don't notice much difference in open or closed modes (yet)

Pretty sure Bob said that feature was predominantly for when, glad to know in a peaceful setting you are not hearing a major difference it that is his intention:) How's the cable?

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #4,749 of 36,104
Mine arrived today too - not another review pair, I liked then so much I ended up buying a position pair off Bob for my permanent collection.

No idea what the filter colours mean yet, but the cable is actually pretty nice - thick, rubber and minimal memory/cable noise, plus a right angle connector.

@HungryPanda - will be interested to hear your thoughts on the sound once you've got used to them (and which filter is your favourite).
IMG_20171121_173452182.jpg
IMG_20171121_173500657.jpg
IMG_20171121_173508350.jpg

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #4,750 of 36,104
:beerchug:
Mine arrived today too - not another review pair, I liked then so much I ended up buying a position pair off Bob for my permanent collection.

No idea what the filter colours mean yet, but the cable is actually pretty nice - thick, rubber and minimal memory/cable noise, plus a right angle connector.

@HungryPanda - will be interested to hear your thoughts on the sound once you've got used to them (and which filter is your favourite).

Nice, THX for the cable impression:thumbsup: Looking forward to both your takes on them, the one review I've read kinda has them being compared to the Hunter which was at the same price point but radically different tuning wise!

Nov 21, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #4,751 of 36,104
:beerchug:

Nice, THX for the cable impression:thumbsup: Looking forward to both your takes on them, the one review I've read kinda has them being compared to the Hunter which was at the same price point but radically different tuning wise!

My review is already up over on Audio Primate - had a review pair a little while back.

Nov 21, 2017 at 1:24 PM Post #4,752 of 36,104
My review is already up over on Audio Primate - had a review pair a little while back.

Nice review Jackpot, saw you got a little feedback from Shoot and for those that got caught in the middle of the new business plan I feel for them but I'm only out my $10 Icarus I and not the PM6/Hunter debacle. I can't put all the blame on Bob and between putting up with BS and not being able to control anything once the plan was in place I feel he had no choice but to remove himself from that company. He never in 4 years ever did anything to give me cause to believe he was nothing but honest and above board. With that said I have no doubt he will recover and most assuredly has learned a lot about the business end of this hobby.

Nov 21, 2017 at 1:41 PM Post #4,753 of 36,104
Nice review Jackpot, saw you got a little feedback from Shoot and for those that got caught in the middle of the new business plan I feel for them but I'm only out my $10 Icarus I and not the PM6/Hunter debacle. I can't put all the blame on Bob and between putting up with BS and not being able to control anything once the plan was in place I feel he had no choice but to remove himself from that company. He never in 4 years ever did anything to give me cause to believe he was nothing but honest and above board. With that said I have no doubt he will recover and most assuredly has learned a lot about the business end of this hobby.

The difference between an amateur and a professional lies in how they learn and recover from their mistakes. I feel like Bob has definitely learned what not to do and will recover and go on to bring more goodness to the audio world. I'm still a huge fan of my Icarus III, even if they do say Trinity on them, lol.

Nov 21, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #4,754 of 36,104
The difference between an amateur and a professional lies in how they learn and recover from their mistakes. I feel like Bob has definitely learned what not to do and will recover and go on to bring more goodness to the audio world. I'm still a huge fan of my Icarus III, even if they do say Trinity on them, lol.

Yeah, Bob is tenacious and I too feel with a little time recover from this. Still a fan would be putting it mildly for Pod as I love all my (Bob) Trinity iem's from my Hyperion, Techne's, Delta's V1/V2, Sabre's, Even found a couple rigs that make the PM4 sound rather good, Vyrus's V1/V2, Master's and of course the Icarus III:thumbsup:

Even thought Bob is reverting to single driver configs I thought he was really hitting the mark with those last to Hybrids:wink: Might also be just a wee bit of heart in the Amie and Pro as well:thinking:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back