The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 16, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #6,961 of 18,652
updated my DX50 FW to 1.2.5 without a problem, rebooted instantly.
put some flac music into internal memory.

that's all for now, wife waiting and angrily asking what i am doing there.

a couple of observations:

a) system update takes bit more time than on AK100, patience needed. update process looks a bit irky, you need connect to again and delete image update manually. still i found no problem.
b) graphic screen resolution and quality is clearly inferior to my RWAK100 and Cowon S9, no comparison here.

SO FAR GOOD IMPRESSIONS... the make quality is great, work condition is good, no single glitch so far and i happily keep fingers crossed. only screen resolution is a bit disappointing but nothing major that would make me unhappy.

c) operation wise no issues, but too fewer setting options around.

now next step will be listen and comparing to RWAK and amping.

Nov 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #6,962 of 18,652
updated my DX50 FW to 1.2.5 without a problem, rebooted instantly.
put some flac music into internal memory.

that's all for now, wife waiting and angrily asking what i am doing there.

a couple of observations:

a) system update takes bit more time than on AK100, patience needed. update process looks a bit irky, you need connect to again and delete image update manually. still i found no problem.
b) graphic screen resolution and quality is clearly inferior to my RWAK100 and Cowon S9, no comparison here.

SO FAR GOOD IMPRESSIONS... the make quality is great, work condition is good, no single glitch so far and i happily keep fingers crossed. only screen resolution is a bit disappointing but nothing major that would make me unhappy.

c) operation wise no issues, but too fewer setting options around.

now next step will be listen and comparing to RWAK and amping.

First you don't need to manually delete the album_img folder, the factory reset will gladly do that for you. Also unless you love re copying your music on the internal memory every time you update, you'd be better off leaving the internal memory for the DX50 Db.

Your above observation really makes me wonder if you did the critical factory reset after the update.

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #6,963 of 18,652
Could someone please advise details of the coaxial cable supplied with the DX50 - I can't see enough details from photos - in terms of the end connector going into the DX50 and the other end.

I need to get a cable from the DX50 into a min usb slot in my Amp. Also has any one got some suggested cables.

Many thanks

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #6,964 of 18,652
First you don't need to manually delete the album_img folder, the factory reset will gladly do that for you. Also unless you love re copying your music on the internal memory every time you update, you'd be better off leaving the internal memory for the DX50 Db.

Your above observation really makes me wonder if you did the critical factory reset after the update.

excuse me this is not first time i do FW update.

so yes, i did factory reset for sure, all it takes is to read manual and follow instructions.
after reset i still found img file on DX50 and deleted it manually.
more so IF you care to read txt file attached to the downloaded FW update you will see that iBasso clearly asks DX50 users to remove img file manually after having done factory reset.

more so i do not understand what in my comment worries you. if you mean graphic screen so excuse me but no update will be able to upgrade its resolution unless you change screen itself for higher res. this is no problem and i need screen for tactile manipulations only... still this is fair to say that DX50 screen res is inferior to AK100, period.

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:21 AM Post #6,965 of 18,652
As Ibasso told me they would,they now have the silicon cases up on there site to buy now for 8$... :)

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:24 AM Post #6,966 of 18,652
excuse me this is not first time i do FW update.

so yes, i did factory reset for sure, all it takes is to read manual and follow instructions.
after reset i still found img file on DX50 and deleted it manually.
more so IF you care to read txt file attached to the downloaded FW update you will see that iBasso clearly asks DX50 users to remove img file manually after having done factory reset.

more so i do not understand what in my comment worries you. if you mean graphic screen so excuse me but no update will be able to upgrade its resolution unless you change screen itself for higher res. this is no problem and i need screen for tactile manipulations only... still this is fair to say that DX50 screen res is inferior to AK100, period.

You need to read what I said. Take it as an additional observation. Secondly I don't know what you put on the internal memory but the dap will delete the content if its own Db folder maybe not what else resides on the dap. I am not sure what other files you are referring to. As far as the screen resolution, we are not watching movies on that tiny screen so what it has is good enough for music playback.

Secondly I don't doubt your expertise in updating firmware on contrary you seem to be an expert. :wink:

What I would like to know from your expertise in using different daps is how it compares to the other ones you have.

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #6,967 of 18,652
Could someone please advise details of the coaxial cable supplied with the DX50 - I can't see enough details from photos - in terms of the end connector going into the DX50 and the other end.

I need to get a cable from the DX50 into a min usb slot in my Amp. Also has any one got some suggested cables.

Many thanks

The coax has the 3.5 mm plug (tip and sleeve connector) going into the DX50 and the other end is an RCA plug.

The following vendor seems to offer a wide variety of interconnect cables of very good quality. I saw someone on head-fi mentioning it, they are based in Singapore. They can fashion cables to your own specifications. Drop them a message to discuss your needs.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/affinitycables/m.html?item=181137237852&pt=US_MP3_Player_Cables_Adapters&hash=item2a2c9ee75c&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:30 AM Post #6,968 of 18,652

http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50Firmware_V1.1.5.zip
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50Firmware_V1.1.6.zip
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50Firmware_V1.2.2.zip
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50Firmware_V1.1.3beta.zip
Final
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50Firmware_V1.2.5.zip
beta
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50FW_V1.2.5.zip
final

which of which is the final? Sorensiim's mirror contain a link that says "FW" and when i downloaded it, it's filename contains "FW"...

The one I'm hosting is the final version - as are the links in the FAQ 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #6,969 of 18,652
Nov 16, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #6,971 of 18,652
Not a fancy leather one but im just after something to prevent scratches so happy days..wait you mean you didnt pay the 24$ to have it couriered lol

Nov 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM Post #6,974 of 18,652
You need to read what I said. Take it as an additional observation. Secondly I don't know what you put on the internal memory but the dap will delete the content if its own Db folder maybe not what else resides on the dap. I am not sure what other files you are referring to. As far as the screen resolution, we are not watching movies on that tiny screen so what it has is good enough for music playback.

Secondly I don't doubt your expertise in updating firmware on contrary you seem to be an expert.
wink.gif

What I would like to know from your expertise in using different daps is how it compares to the other ones you have.

no problem and sorry, i had not much time to read everything from mobile.

i know about update deleting files but i saved only a few music folders for audition, will delete them later since i plan use the card but have no time now to load and organize all music since i have to clean every music folder from cue, jpg, txt and etc files.

i will try to compare but do not expect quick conclusions. first between DAPs with same IEMs, then different IEMs, then amping vs. not amping. i will not manage it in one day and less time during work week. but i will post initial impressions as they will be coming.

from i experience DX50 looks like a great product. i hope it will function flawlessly. i also recommend reading manual posted on headfi and pay attention to txt files coming with FW update, helps to save time and nerve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back