The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 15, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #6,916 of 18,652
I beg to differ. Naming discs this way sounds like a very logical thing to do for a multi CD album. I wouldn't even call this a fix - it's just normal for some people to name their albums this way.

That is not a solution, that's merely a workaround, i.e. like not having multi-disc albums anymore... (So I don't understand why people keep repeating that pseudo-solution, when someone mentions this issue.)

By the way: I emailed ibasso a few weeks ago but couldn't find how to work with their answer (they wrote: "[COLOR=222222]Hi, [/COLOR][COLOR=222222]Does your multi-disc album has track # on the ID3? The DX50 use track * of the ID3 for ordering[/COLOR]"). I am not very familiar with MP3Tag so maybe I don't know where to replace "#" with "*"...

Thanks to everyone sharing their experience with 1.2.5... (I don't update just yet, too afraid to get new bugs whereas my 1.2.2 works quite fine...)

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:31 PM Post #6,917 of 18,652
I let it play by the disc because I tag my discs by album - CD# if there are more than one disc.

I then create a playlist with all the discs if I want to play the whole "album". Only annoying thing is that I can't rename playlists so that's a major inconvenience when managing multiple playlists.
About multi disc CDs: Funny thing is, it worked flawlessly in 1.2.0. version. it worked partially in artist > album mode and didn't work on album view on 1.2.2. Now, it doesn't work at all. :/ they need to address this. my skyrim OST album is effed up, as are my other albums (everyday by tech n9ne for example)

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #6,918 of 18,652
I let it play by the disc because I tag my discs by album - CD# if there are more than one disc.

I then create a playlist with all the discs if I want to play the whole "album". Only annoying thing is that I can't rename playlists so that's a major inconvenience when managing multiple playlists.

Or in other words: Why make things simple when one can make them complicated... And then all these "playlists" get lost each time one updates the firmware or does factory reset. That's really anything but practical... It is indeed very strange that some people insist to deny that this device still has some problems...

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:56 PM Post #6,919 of 18,652

the 1st leather cover for the dx50
Not mine, I even dont have the DX50, but can't help to post it.

It's not the final production version yet and their website is here: http://ido.com.vn/
Disclaimer: I don't have any relationship with this company. Just saw it on FB

I. WANT. 

Nov 15, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #6,920 of 18,652
   Why make things simple when one can make them complicated.

What is the simple way to handle multi-disc sets?

I have always named the first disc "Album Name CD1," the next "Album Name CD2," etc.  It is easy, works very well, and is cross-platform compatible. 

Using anything other than very basic tags is hit or miss and depends on the given implementation. 

I will not raise the issue of how poor tagging handles classical albums.

Nov 15, 2013 at 8:22 PM Post #6,921 of 18,652
Thanks Soren for the mirror link! Updated mine and it was the easiest yet.
Got a little worried when I saw a big strip of yellow pixels down the side but a quick screen off then on sorted that out.
I agree that the sound is a mix between the 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 FW's but I actually quite like it so far.
Also left the sd card in when I did the update and factory reset. Files are still on it. 

Would it be worth firing an email to ibasso to say after an update/factory reset to maybe set the volume lower then 170? As it's bloody loud!

Nov 15, 2013 at 8:36 PM Post #6,923 of 18,652
  What is the simple way to handle multi-disc sets?

I have always named the first disc "Album Name CD1," the next "Album Name CD2," etc.  It is easy, works very well, and is cross-platform compatible. 

Using anything other than very basic tags is hit or miss and depends on the given implementation. 

I will not raise the issue of how poor tagging handles classical albums.

There exists a tag category called "disc number" and one called "total discs". Is that there for nothing? That's what I'd call the "simple", practical, obvious way to handle this... if only the dx50 were capable of reading these tags categories properly.

Nov 15, 2013 at 8:47 PM Post #6,924 of 18,652
  The DX50 firmware posted earlier was a leaked beta, here is the FINAL 1.2.5: http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50FW_V1.2.5.zip

Mirror coming ASAP.

Edit: Mirror is here: Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50FW_V1.2.5.zip

I installed the file from the "edit" link without issue updating from v1.1.6 to v1.2.5. However, when I check System Info it says Firmware version: V1.2.2. Is anyone else seeing this? Am I actually running v1.2.5 or is this v1.2.2 disguised as v1.2.5? 

Yes I did the "Factory reset" following the update, and no, I have never loaded v1.2.2 on my DX50 before.

Nov 15, 2013 at 8:52 PM Post #6,925 of 18,652

I installed the file from the "edit" link without issue updating from v1.1.6 to v1.2.5. However, when I check System Info it says Firmware version: V1.2.2. Is anyone else seeing this? Am I actually running v1.2.5 or is this v1.2.2 disguised as v1.2.5? 

Yes I did the "Factory reset" following the update, and no, I have never loaded v1.2.2 on my DX50 before.

I just updated mine from Soren's mirror link.  Mine says 1.2.5. 

Nov 15, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #6,926 of 18,652
Are there any advance DX50 users out there who have figured out a way to keep and save playlists?
I updated the firmware and did the factory reset but lost my playlist
size]

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #6,928 of 18,652

There exists a tag category called "disc number" and one called "total discs". Is that there for nothing?

Unfortunately, this tag - as well as many other possible/available tags - cannot be relied upon.  Varies software programs and players interpret this tag, and others, idiosyncratically.

My preference is to tag once, with tags that always work - regardless of platform.

I thus do not need to spend any time re-tagging when I change playback devices.

Nor waste time complaining. :)

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #6,929 of 18,652
  Unfortunately, this tag - as well as many other possible/available tags - cannot be relied upon.  Varies software programs and players interpret this tag, and others, idiosyncratically.

My preference is to tag once, with tags that always work - regardless of platform.

I thus do not need to spend any time re-tagging when I change playback devices.

Nor waste time complaining. :)

Thanks for the information - so this means that the whole tagging system is a mess, and there are no proper standards. (By the way, pointing this out is not "wasting time". You should instead, be appalled by that situation and asking programmers, at ibasso and elsewhere, to do their job properly.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back