The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 15, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #6,856 of 18,652
  Did some basic measurements as promised, and here are the results: headphone-out output impedance is 0.7ohm, line-out output impedance is 124ohm. Low gain headphone-out max voltage 1.079Vrms, mid gain 1.75Vrms, high gain 2.655Vrms . Line-out FR cure is flat. Headphone-out FR curve has some minor bass roll-off due to output capacitors. With a 47ohm dummy load, it is -0.75dB @ 20Hz with corner frequency @ 8Hz. Output capacitance is estimated to be around 400uF. Purely on RMAA result, LO looks cleaner than HO (which is expected of course), though both don't measured quite as good as X3, especially on IMD. Since they are still well below the 1% threshold, it doesn't seem to be of any major concern. Output power is quite good, comparable to most standalone portable amps.

I have a 3w desktop tube headphone amp that I use with my HD800s.  As I was listening to this endorphination combo, I started grazing this thread, catching up on people`s posts, and came across ClieOS`s interesting information above (thanks!).  I see the 120 ohm figure from lineout and think, hmmm..  Reach for my dx50, turn the volume way way down and plug the HD800 in to the LO.  Volume up - sounds not bad at all.  More volume - great.  Put on 24 bit electronica - wow.  Just then I get a IM from a friend and we start chatting, me with the HD800s on my head. When that finishes I forget all about the dx50 and go back to web surfing.  40 minutes go by and several times during the album that`s playing I am distracted, as regularly happens, by how shockingly good the HD800 is out of my desktop tube amp. So engaging, so articulate, growling/tight bass and crystal highs.  

And then I realize that even though the tubes are glowing, this HD800 eargasm is coming from the dx50. . .       

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #6,858 of 18,652
No. More highs than 1.2.2 but less than 1.2.3b.
Bass: more defined than 1.2.2, there is no more "boom boom effect".

And a question: it seems there is a little fade-in at each start of a song, so very often you cannot hear the first sound of a song. It is boring, and it seems Ibasso don't work on this. Is there a trick to correct this?

Seriously I have never seen before dx50 a dap player that is not able to play the first sound of a song!

lol after doing the update of the firmware and factory resetting it sets the gap less to none, put it on five seconds

Nov 15, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #6,860 of 18,652
@Sorensiim
 do you mind if I update the FAQ and remove the reference about having to take the microSD card out when doing firmware. It is really unnecessary, the update does not touch the card at all, it only clears out the internal memory?

its such a minor thing tho that why not take it out just to eliminate the minor possibility that it may cause issues

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:29 AM Post #6,865 of 18,652
Well, the 1.2.5 FW version doesn't cut it for me. I've never had any problems with unwanted "media scanning" popups, but with this version it tries to scan my 64GB MicroSDXC on every boot for about 30 minutes!!!

The agony...

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #6,866 of 18,652
DX50 sounds better IMO. Has stong output, you really don't need a separate amp with DX50 and low impedance cans. It can even drive a planar type like Fostex T50RP decently, on high gain. 

Don't know about the coax out performance yet, still looking for the right DAC. but this is just for curiosity, headphone/line out is great as it is. 

Thanks very much. Order placed direct with Ibasso - ships Nov 20

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #6,867 of 18,652

well, in album view and in artist>album view the order of multi disc alum songs is like this:

track 1 cd 1, track 1 cd2, track 2 cd 1, track 2 cd 2and so on...

This has been covered in a previous post - because the directory is built from the tags of the music files, you'll need to rename the ALBUM field in the tags to '**** CD1' and '**** CD2', otherwise the DX50 will think that they all belong to the same album.  The other way of course is the have the albums in separate sub folders and just use the directory view (but this is less functional that the directory method in the main).

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #6,868 of 18,652
  Firmware mirror is up: Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50Firmware_V1.2.5.zip 
beerchug.gif

was actually waiting for you to do this, so thanks

you are appreciated :)

Nov 15, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #6,869 of 18,652
I just loaded the new 1.2.5 FW. So far the SQ is nothing like the 1.2.3b that I remember on JH16. It appears the 1.2.5 is a tad more extended in the highs. The bass dropped a little in intensity but became much tigther. The mids pretty much the same as 1.2.2.

Looks like I'm going to stick with it

Nov 15, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #6,870 of 18,652
Hi all,

I did post this in the DX50 wishlist thread but does anyone know if iBasso will implement a resume a track from the exact time from when you switched the player off? i.e. when you are playing a track and you turn off the player and when you turn it back on it will resume from where you left off. I listen to a lot of podcasts which can be 2-3 hours long and I have noticed that it doesn’t resume off from where you left off.

I did email iBasso a while ago but still did not receive a reply!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back