The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 10, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #6,556 of 18,652
  1.2.3 out yet?

1.2.3 beta - yes! :)

How does the DX50 on its own compare to the pairing? Might have to dig out my own C421 :)

i'm using the ad8620 version - gives me a bigger sound stage - depth and width. more pronounced and smoother mids and a bit of an improvement on the highs

Nov 10, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #6,557 of 18,652
That is sad to hear, I have the same marantz sr7007 and was thinking about doing the same thing. Did you input through the front?

Yes, input from the ibasso's LO at full volume, to the front of the marantz and with a very cheap cable so when I have time I'll try it differently again, and do a proper comparison (testing the same file read directly by the Marantz)... I won't be surprised if the Marantz performs better, but I hope the ibasso shouldn't be as bad as what I heard the first time...
If you try it and get better results, please tell me how you connected it. (Am maybe not going to test this immediately, I bought the dx50 to go with IEMs, I don't need it for listening @ home.)

Nov 10, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #6,558 of 18,652
Welp, mp4nation says they're shipping out my DX50 package today. Waiting for package tracking info. Been waiting since Oct 23.

Nov 10, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #6,560 of 18,652
First of all thanks to you, I ended up getting a Pico Power now I can sit nicely on my wallet without feeling and money lumps.
biggrin.gif

The amp is a wonder, everything you said about it is right on the button. I am loving it and it feels so solid. I also got good quality li-ion batteries for it I am still yet to change them after three days of use.

I also got my two heavy dura lock strips. It works great maybe too great. I think I might have to buy some lighter ones. It sticks like cement, so much that the glue does not hold it any longer. I think you need to use the light one if you want to take it off and on regularly.

Glad that you like the Pico Power. I actually think that mine just turned a corner. I have had it for quite a long time and it has had slow but steady use until the DX50 came along. Now I am using it a lot and the hours must be in the +/- 200 hours range. The sound stage is becoming really interesting. With the DX50 (1.2.2) it is just three dimensional. (I found 1.2.3 to be wider but more 2D horizontal.) There are a lot of caps in the PP to burn in so you can expect even better things. It is really showing how fine a source the DX50 is from the line out.

Interesting about the Dual Lock teeth being stronger than its glue. I also have the low profile (not heavy duty) Dual Lock. It works great but total attached thickness is about 2.2 mm which is not enough for my stack because of the Sintech SD to MicroSD adapter running down the middle. That is why I ordered the thick heavy duty. I got the indoor/outdoor SJ3560 just because it was available in small quantities from someone in Australia who would ship to China. The indoor/outdoor glue should be pretty strong although I may not detach it so often anyway. For sure I will report back.  :)

Nov 10, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #6,561 of 18,652
That's very interesting..seems like the O2 isnquite the deal breaker! Well, I very much appreciate your description provided there, as it has certainly made me want to grab an O2. :D

What's the battery life like compared to the M8?

My O2 last around 10 hrs fully charged. My M8 just a little above 6 hrs

Nov 10, 2013 at 10:06 PM Post #6,562 of 18,652
  No problem :)

Yes I did, I actually traded the C5 (and some cash) for the AKG K702 anniversary edition. 
I also returned the corda quickstep. It certainly had amazing synergy with the DX50, but not better than the O2. For something more than twice as expensive than the O2, I was expecting something better. And, the quickstep was still way to big to put in your pocket. Might as well carry the O2 in a bag, if I would ever do that.

I never knew the O2 was that kick-ass! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
My O2 last around 10 hrs fully charged. My M8 just a little above 6 hrs

Not so bad. 10 hours of awesomeness is surely better than 6 hours.

Nov 10, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #6,563 of 18,652
try to re-encode the track to the same format.

this happen to me with the DX100, i tried to mp3tag it multiple times even with a different artist but no avail. Re encoding fixed the corrupt flac metadata header

+2. Same issue w/ 3 to 4 tracks out of 500+ albums (not a big deal but perfect is perfect)

What does "re-encode the track to the same format" mean exactly?

Does it mean equivalent to "re-rip the track (if it was originally from a physical CD media)"

p.s. I've tried once to re-rip the CD and then copy back to the DX but same occurs so I just give up since then.

Nov 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #6,565 of 18,652
Also using my DX50 with a O2 in the house and I it's very good. I build my O2 and it's still one of my proud musical journey.

It's good to hear a lot of good news about the O2! 

If anyone else has tried BOTH the O2 and the C5, please do let me know the differences, and if it'll be worth the upgrade.

Cheers! 
beerchug.gif

Nov 11, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #6,569 of 18,652
I just bought the C&C BH2 and it sounds really good with the DX50! What is the absolute most that you want to spend? That's the big question. Really the DX50 has more than enough power for the ATH-M50, also you could use the eq settings to flavor your headphones more.

thanks for your response bro..i'd like to improve at the bass section..want it to be punchier and deeper impact..
I heard that fiio e11 can do so..else??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back