The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #6,211 of 18,652
Well I bought mine second hand, but I think it's one of the first batch as it came with a second battery as well. Maybe mine is a golden DX50 :D I'm usually the person that has loads of problems so it's nice to be on the other side for once :xf_eek:

Absolutely nothing worst than be the constant target of problem equipment, I had my fair share of those, in my case though I tend to throw myself in front of the gadget gun thinking that I'll be able to dodge the problem bullet. :D

I have the first batch DX50 too with the two batteries which I find very useful as I charge one over night while I am sleeping with the DX50 on. When I wake up in the morning, no juice in the DX50. I switch the battery and all set to go to work with a full charge. :)

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:52 PM Post #6,212 of 18,652
Welcome.
I ordered my iBasso October 23 and still has not changed my status in MP4Nation of Processing, non-stop I have this status if anyone contracting with MP4N. received his iBasso, or know when they will do shipping?

Same here, placed an order with them on October 22nd and status still shown as processing. Left many messages on live chat without any reply from them. I'll probably open a PayPal dispute soon.

Nov 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #6,213 of 18,652
I may be wrong, but I think the key to a good working DX50 is a "Golden Library". I'll bet most problems are a result of the music files and how they are tagged and managed. I have a batch 6 now on 1.2.3 using the out-of-box Sandisk 64GM exFAT with zero issues. My files were created by iTunes and they are on my card exactly as they are in my computer.

Scan is good, although I do get a brief scan each time I power up. I didn't do the remove and insert card twice, but once after updating to 1.2.3. Not issues with either firmware version.

I think those who are having scanning issues or issues playing or reading files should share what software they use to manage music. That might be helpful to others.

Those of you buying from MP4Nation, I found that they shipped exactly as they published on their website. Right now they say: "- If your order was placed ON or AFTER 25th October your order will ship on or after November 10th."

It was hard to be patient but, believe us, it's worth the wait.

Scott

Nov 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #6,214 of 18,652
Hi, 

I noticed that there wasn't really much in the way of a case for the DX50 (unless you count very expensive leather ones). SO I had a look around and found this Lowepro case: Lowepro Dublin 20.  I've taken a couple of photo's to give you a better idea of the fit. I know it's not practical for use on the move given the lack of access to buttons etc. but it does give a relatively low profile fit and will stop the unit getting scratched.
Link - there are three photo's, hopefully that's enough

(sorry, I don't have permission to post the photo here)

Anyway, just thought I'd share.

Nov 6, 2013 at 1:09 PM Post #6,215 of 18,652
Same here, placed an order with them on October 22nd and status still shown as processing. Left many messages on live chat without any reply from them. I'll probably open a PayPal dispute soon.

At first, they said that next week they will have to order delivery, orientated by the end of October. Later, they said that at the beginning of this week will have it available, but I have Wednesday and any moves in order not seen. I just hope that by the end of next week I will be glad back home player.

Nov 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #6,216 of 18,652
I've already asked mp4nation about canceling the order. Just contact them if you want to cancel before they send you your package and they will open up a support ticket to do so.

Nov 6, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #6,218 of 18,652
  Welcome.
I ordered my iBasso October 23 and still has not changed my status in MP4Nation of Processing, non-stop I have this status if anyone contracting with MP4N. received his iBasso, or know when they will do shipping?

mine is 22nd Oct. i mailed him and they told they will get the stock by November 10.
hope the product will be shipped around November 10.

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #6,220 of 18,652
This information should settle the natives down for, perhaps,  a couple of hours.

Any bets as to when the "Where is my MP4Nation order?" posts will start again?

this year for sure :p

gladly my RWAK and C3 are entertaining me well enough to keep patience ... mp4nation must throw in some more epsensive IEMs for us as a present and compensation for patience :D
but at least they could purchase for us and throw in a silicon case for dx50, i even could wait another week if they do :wink:

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #6,221 of 18,652
Pretty obvious that mp4nation demand is more than what they're getting from ibasso. Probably got blindsided by the surge. For me I can wait, as I continue to use my current daps until the dx50 shows up.

Nov 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #6,222 of 18,652
Pretty obvious that mp4nation demand is more than what they're getting from ibasso. Probably got blindsided by the surge. For me I can wait, as I continue to use my current daps until the dx50 shows up.

please do not spoil, i just hope mp4nation reads us and we receive some small niceties for being nice and polite, qui pro quo.... And here you buzz in and huble huble huble :p

Nov 6, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #6,225 of 18,652
I thought so, pretty wasteful. Wish it'd be smart enough to figure out nothing's changed but I guess there is no way to know a card got swapped while off. Still though requiring a mandatory scan is silly.

Confirmed DX50 always do "Media Scanning"  on 1.2.3b for a 3-5 seconds when you turn the device on.

I have a 64GB MicroSDXC and it only scanned for the first time.

Every boot from the DX50 takes me directly to the "Now Playing" screen...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back