The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 6, 2013 at 8:35 AM Post #6,196 of 18,652
After upgrading to 1.2.3_Beta and doing a factory reset, my DX50 performed a flawless scan. Everything was picked up, sorted correctly etc. It just worked :)

I think iBasso sent you a golden DX50 with some supercharged second memory bank you can enable with the flip of two buttons (Power on and Volume +) which puts it in supercharged mode and boots your dap right to the scanning window. I know I should have waited for that later batch :D

Question to you mr handyman: do you still get the scanning window every time it comes out of sleep mode popping up for say 5 to 10 seconds before it goes back to home even if your card has been scanned to death before?

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:01 AM Post #6,197 of 18,652
I think iBasso sent you a golden DX50 with some supercharged second memory bank you can enable with the flip of two buttons (Power on and Volume +) which puts it in supercharged mode and boots your dap right to the scanning window. I know I should have waited for that later batch
biggrin.gif

Question to you mr handyman: do you still get the scanning window every time it comes out of sleep mode popping up for say 5 to 10 seconds before it goes back to home even if your card has been scanned to death before?

The scan still took time, but everything just works (for me) on 1.2.3_Beta. My card is formatted to FAT32 and stripped of anything else than .flac and .mp3 files. 

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #6,198 of 18,652
The scan still took time, but everything just works (for me) on 1.2.3_Beta. My card is formatted to FAT32 and stripped of anything else than .flac and .mp3 files. 

Interesting... Mine is formatted to exFat so really wondering if that could have an impact? Like yourself I only have flac and mp3, oops also m4a I think files and all play no problems. The initial 5 to 10 seconds really burns my patience cause I wanna hear music right away when I turn it on. I guess I am not the patient type.

I am too used to turning the player and rocking to the music right away instead of staring at a scanning media window. Oh let me rephrase that I can still hear the song when I press play while the window is up but at that point I don't remember what I played last and can't change it easily unless I use the fwd or bwd buttons.

One more thing, canceling the scan is not immediate. I wish it it was. :frowning2:

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:35 AM Post #6,199 of 18,652
To the technically inclined, feedback requested.

I seem to prefer the gain set to its highest setting - provides a more detailed and dynamic presentation from the HO.

As the gain is increased, is this simply a voltage increase in the signal? When maintaining gain at its highest setting, should I be aware of any detrimental effects to my IEM (SE535LTD in this case)?

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM Post #6,200 of 18,652
  Did you check it to see if there's only music files on the card?
http://www.head-fi.org/a/ibasso-dx50-faq#user_transfer

The card worked fine with all previous firmwares, just when I had 1.2.2 previously it would occasionally play only half an album before freezing.
Used 1.2.3 yesterday for a few hours perfectly fine, although battery gauge seemed really off.
Then when I tried to play another album it went straight into a scan and then my problem as described.

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:47 AM Post #6,201 of 18,652

I seem to prefer the gain set to its highest setting - provides a more detailed and dynamic presentation from the HO.

As the gain is increased, is this simply a voltage increase in the signal? When maintaining gain at its highest setting, should I be aware of any detrimental effects to my IEM (SE535LTD in this case)?

None that I'm aware of except on your ears if you set the volume too loud.
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #6,202 of 18,652

Unless technology has changed drastically and it might have op amps can be pushed at higher levels with proper clipping so as not to damage them and it used to be translated by having a higher current throughput. However because you push higher current using a higher gain, the voltage across the load will increase due to ohm laws V = R * I. Like anything else you have to be careful not to push too much juice through your iems. However I believe you'll go deaf before you got the time to realize it's maxed out. As far as noise, the signal to noise ratio is pretty good on those amps but it will be amplified. Since your noise will be way below the signal you might not hear it. If you play a silent tune with a 0 analog voltage, that will make your noise soar like a sore thumb.

I have the regular SE535 and I do put them on high gain however the volume is way low in order not to get into the listening threshold. As far as I know they are still working great even at the high gain. Another warning, just be careful with the volume level left when you switch headphones. I almost got deaf doing that with the dap one time.

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #6,203 of 18,652
Received my DX50 today, right now I am listening to a hi-res version of the London Grammar album through the phone out straight into my KEF M500's.

Sitting here with a huge smile on my face, first hi-res files I have ever heard and am blown away, really really impressed with the DX50 so far.

I got a seventh batch unit, it shipped with firmware 1.2.2 and so far I have had no glitches, 32gb micro SD card in FAT32 scanned very quickly. I notice it performs a further scan of a couple of seconds when a tune I haven't played before is fired up. No biggy.

No glitches or hang ups so far, managed to get files into the internal memory.

Just really happy here, a big thumbs up to ibasso.

Nov 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #6,204 of 18,652
None that I'm aware of except on your ears if you set the volume too loud. :bigsmile_face:

I believe the effects of too loud volume on your ears are regardless of gain settings.

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #6,205 of 18,652
Ive been reading on here about all the problems people have been having with the new beta version software, and I must be the only person who has encountered any problems at all running this software.

I've been running the Beta software for the last 3 days and I have had no crashes, hang-ups, problems rading files or anything. My virtually full 64Gb Sandisk card scans in about 10 minutes. I do notice that the battery indicator probably isnt as acurate as it was.........but other than that no problems at all.

I'm loving this player with my AUD-8x 
L3000.gif

Nov 6, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #6,206 of 18,652
Ive been reading on here about all the problems people have been having with the new beta version software, and I must be the only person who has encountered any problems at all running this software.

I've been running the Beta software for the last 3 days and I have had no crashes, hang-ups, problems rading files or anything. My virtually full 64Gb Sandisk card scans in about 10 minutes. I do notice that the battery indicator probably isnt as acurate as it was.........but other than that no problems at all.

I'm loving this player with my AUD-8x :L3000:

Congrats, and your batch is? Are you one of those who got the Golden DX50? :D

Yeah, I almost made the same claim until yesterday when things went way wrong, my mistake; took my microSD card out then trouble started and I am one of the ones that preach about Recovery mode is your friend. Well yesterday it wasn't. :frowning2:

I am without my dap today so no way for me to try anything so I think I'll sit on the side line and wait until the 1.2.3 official bus stops.

:popcorn:

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #6,207 of 18,652
So far I haven't encountered any problems with the beta firmware.
No idea what it really does but I'm happy with it :-D

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:31 PM Post #6,208 of 18,652
Congrats, and your batch is? Are you one of those who got the Golden DX50? :D

Yeah, I almost made the same claim until yesterday when things went way wrong, my mistake; took my microSD card out then trouble started and I am one of the ones that preach about Recovery mode is your friend. Well yesterday it wasn't. :frowning2:

I am without my dap today so no way for me to try anything so I think I'll sit on the side line and wait until the 1.2.3 official bus stops.

:popcorn:

Well I bought mine second hand, but I think it's one of the first batch as it came with a second battery as well. Maybe mine is a golden DX50 :D I'm usually the person that has loads of problems so it's nice to be on the other side for once :xf_eek:

Nov 6, 2013 at 12:36 PM Post #6,209 of 18,652
Welcome.
I ordered my iBasso October 23 and still has not changed my status in MP4Nation of Processing, non-stop I have this status if anyone contracting with MP4N. received his iBasso, or know when they will do shipping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back