The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #6,016 of 18,652
mad.gif

I just bricked my DX50 after the 1.2.3 beta software upgrade.  The player has been stuck on the "iBasso Audio" boot up screen for the last 10 mins and it isn't going any where.  Any help is much appreciated.  I've tried taking out battery and it still stuck at the same screen after rebooting.  It won't recognize on the computer either.  BTW, I follow all instructions and what a disappointment.

mad.gif

Nov 4, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #6,017 of 18,652
:mad:

I just bricked my DX50 after the 1.2.3 beta software upgrade.  The player has been stuck on the "iBasso Audio" boot up screen for the last 10 mins and it isn't going any where.  Any help is much appreciated.  I've tried taking out battery and it still stuck at the same screen after rebooting.  It won't recognize on the computer either.  BTW, I follow all instructions and what a disappointment.

:mad:

Recovery screen is your friend! Look at the instructions on prior pages and follow them in order to get to it. Once you are in recovery mode, you factory reset the player and it will reboot nicely back to the main menu that is the scanning one.

Nov 4, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #6,019 of 18,652

mad.gif

mad.gif

Recovery screen is your friend! Look at the instructions on prior pages and follow them in order to get to it. Once you are in recovery mode, you factory reset the player and it will reboot nicely back to the main menu that is the scanning one.

You didn't brick your DX50. Use the Power button to turn the DX50 off. Then push Volume Up followed by Power. Hold them both down. Select Factory Reset.

Nov 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #6,020 of 18,652
Got it guys.  I did several upgrades in the past and never had the unit hung on the boot up screen like this before.  In my case, factory reset didn't do a thing.  Had to select reformatting option, and reboot for it to work again.  

Nov 4, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #6,021 of 18,652
Watching.

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #6,023 of 18,652
Hi,

Since I've updated firmware version to 1.2.3beta, I've no automatic media scanning anymore.
So that means Artist / Album / Genre categories are empty till I play music (so the album and its tracks are added then).
As I get 64gb SSD, I can't play all my albums in order to populate categories.

How to force media scanning to parse all albums on my SSD ? 

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #6,025 of 18,652
Hi,

Since I've updated firmware version to 1.2.3beta, I've no automatic media scanning anymore.
So that means Artist / Album / Genre categories are empty till I play music (so the album and its tracks are added then).
As I get 64gb SSD, I can't play all my albums in order to populate categories.

How to force media scanning to parse all albums on my SSD ? 

Eject the microSD and re-insert it twice, then select scan media.

Nov 4, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #6,028 of 18,652
Soundwise this frimware is perfect but battery life is shorter,it lasted only 5 hours
rolleyes.gif

Nov 4, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #6,029 of 18,652
There goes my mint condition DX50...
frown.gif

Dropped it today... A little sore on the edges with some loss of colour...

At least it is working perfectly...

If I only had one of those not-yet-available silicone cases... Even a pink one would have saved it...

Nov 4, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #6,030 of 18,652
Ah, so i wasn't going crazy and it does sound louder... it's weird that the battery last a lot less, considering i've been reducing the volume by a lot (from 190~205, i was using it around 160~180, even on Low-Gain).

I wonder if the Samsung Battery does this effect... and that's why most of the people that changed the battery were listening a better SQ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back