The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 27, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #5,236 of 18,652
yes, I did, every time it hangs, I did the factory reset - both power + volume up and settings - advanced 

getting annoyed with DX50, the DX100 was less problematic for me 

Did you try a fresh download and extraction? That is a frequent cause of firmware update difficulties. Might also try the restore console Wipe and Factory Reset option if you already haven't.

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #5,237 of 18,652
Did you try a fresh download and extraction? That is a frequent cause of firmware update difficulties. Might also try the restore console Wipe and Factory Reset option if you already haven't.

I did try ibasso's and soren's  both still results - hang up, I did also use the Wipe/FR every time and on time time it got stuck on system update / check.

currently, I tried not to change any settings - Auto power off / Display brightness / Gapless / Play mode. Hoping to not to have hangs.

Also, one thing I don't like is the pseudo-"Ready" condition. I think you need to wait for relay click, so make sure it has finished initializing before changing settings -- cause hang up.
also, I think it is still Media scanning even if the media scanning is not showing. (I wish it has the "Media" service indicator  like in the DX100 - not to sound like DX100 fanboy - just want to have an "real" indicator of what's happening to the DX50)

Initializing --> Media Scanning ---> Ready

*EDIT: I did not touch the unit for 10mins, and did not change any settings - it stops after 3 songs, but did not hang.
          now I changed the APS to never, let's see what would happen

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #5,238 of 18,652
Anyone having problems with auto shutdown with 1.2.2?   It doesn't work for me.   Every night i listen to the dx50 in bed and fall asleep.  Every morning it is still on and feeling really warm - even though it wasn't even playing anything.  Can someone running 1.2.2 test the auto off on their dap to check?  Thanks.

Did you leave your Auto Power Off to Never?

I assume that your song playing list is over before the morning correct?

In my case if I stop the player and the Auto Power Off is say on 20 minutes, it shuts itself down exactly after 20 minutes of inactivity.

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:18 PM Post #5,239 of 18,652
Did you leave your Auto Power Off to Never?

I assume that your song playing list is over before the morning correct?

In my case if I stop the player and the Auto Power Off is say on 20 minutes, it shuts itself down exactly after 20 minutes of inactivity.

I have it set to 5 minutes.   And, yes, it even happens with list of one song.  Maybe i will try something longer than 5 and see what happens.

Oct 27, 2013 at 7:50 PM Post #5,240 of 18,652
Auto sut down with new FW 1.2.2 seems to be working fine.  I on the other hand have been using an Adata 64gb sd formated in exfat, and after adding new tunes, (FLAC) to the main music folder, reinserting  said card to DX 50 it is no longer recognized.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Oct 27, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #5,241 of 18,652
  some of the samsung batteries have 'near field communication' printed on them like this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SAMSUNG-I9300-GALAXY-S3-BATTERY-EB-L1G6LLUCSTD-OFFICIAL-RETAIL-PACK-/370807858964

and some don't like this http://dx.com/p/genuine-samsung-i9300-galaxy-s3-3-8v-2100mah-replacement-battery-144639

so does it matter which you get?

authentic samsung batteries will have the NFC chip built into its batteries.

I just hope the 7th batch when shipped on the 30th is already pre-loaded with the latest firmware

most likely it will be loaded with the latest firmware

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #5,242 of 18,652
  Not touching the DX50 until they sort the bugs out not willing to be a beta tester for a half baked Chinese product, dont care if it sounds good or not ....

Good luck with anything Head-Fi.

On another note, this thread moved 11 pages in 1 day.... Holy crap.

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #5,244 of 18,652
Well I would say, get a Samsung, it can't go wrong :xf_eek:

Yeah am recently contemplating on this two .. On one hand is a storage expert . On the other its a jack of all treads .. either looks good though .

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #5,245 of 18,652
  got mine 1.1.6 which functions fine and I decided to update to 1.2.2.  

after the update, I experience hang ups - eg. froze when I access the 'advanced menu', froze when I played music randomly
every time it froze/hang I need to hard reset. I also tried reflashing the unit again with 1.2.2 but it always got stuck at 'system' check :frowning2:

now I'm clueless, any suggestion? did I got a lemon?

hhmmmm...i was actually thinking of this, but maybe you need to upgrade incrementally and not jump to the latest firmware. if you're up for it, move back to 1.1.6, then flash it with 1.2.0 then 1.2.2.

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #5,246 of 18,652
Oct 27, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #5,247 of 18,652
  On another note, this thread moved 11 pages in 1 day.... Holy crap.

hahaha i kinda monitor this thread with the same frequency as my work email so that i don't have to back read that much!
biggrin.gif

Oct 27, 2013 at 9:46 PM Post #5,248 of 18,652
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFlight

The DX50 is by no means a "half-baked" product, and yes, it does sound superb with a very intuitive UI. Your loss.

+1

-------------

There is some truth on that comment. I'm not trying to start a flame war here but lets accept it. As good as DX50 maybe, the bugs that has come and gone since 1.0.0 were horrible. As an entusiast I have a high level of tolerance on bugs and annoyances but to a certain point. Thankfully, Ibasso is relentless putting out updates after another.

This is why I waited until the 7th batch/ver 1.2.0. The software part is what makes this DAP work. Putting the latest, greatest hardware is just half of the product.

I just don't want the annoyances to get in the way of enjoying music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back