The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #5,072 of 18,652
  hey guys i just got my DX50 today. it came with a 1.0.0 version. ive tried lots of methods but still cant get it to connect to my PC. turned it on before plugging in the usb and i still get USB not recgonized. placed the 1.2.2 img file in the microSD and insert it into the dx50 i dont get to see any system update on the advanced tab even after resetting it.

Any suggestions? :frowning2:

you need to go to the recovery mod to do update from microsd. press and hold both (iirc) volume keys and power key at the same time and the next should be pretty self-explanatory...

Oct 26, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #5,074 of 18,652
  I need to get this straight... :/

Does the DX50 have a line out that only bypasses the amp but not the dac?  Or will the line outs both bypass the amp and dac?

line out only bypasses the amp (this holds true for any dap)

digital out bypasses the amp AND dac. (most daps dont have this feature)

Oct 26, 2013 at 9:54 AM Post #5,075 of 18,652
  hey guys i just got my DX50 today. it came with a 1.0.0 version. ive tried lots of methods but still cant get it to connect to my PC. turned it on before plugging in the usb and i still get USB not recgonized. placed the 1.2.2 img file in the microSD and insert it into the dx50 i dont get to see any system update on the advanced tab even after resetting it.

more than 1 person has had this problem.  try different cables and ports.  My dx50 only gets recognized by my asus cable

Oct 26, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #5,076 of 18,652

1.0.0 might be a problem, let's see if we can make this work. Turn off your DX50, then boot to recovery by holding down "Power" and "Volume Down". Once in the recovery menu, see if you can use the volume buttons to navigate the menu. If you can do that, then go to "Install update from SD card"

Oct 26, 2013 at 9:58 AM Post #5,077 of 18,652
i managed to entered recovery mode with blue words but my volume up and down isnt working for me while in that screen :frowning2: only button working was the power switch. i've tried all sorts of ports on my pc aint working. only have that cable they provided at the moment :s

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #5,078 of 18,652
  i managed to entered recovery mode with blue words but my volume up and down isnt working for me while in that screen :frowning2: only button working was the power switch.

Alright, this is one of the problems with 1.0.0 - You actually need to use the coax port to navigate the menu. I'll see if I can dig up the specifics.

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:15 AM Post #5,080 of 18,652
  really appreciate it man! thanks alot for the help!

Alright, try plugging your headphones into the coax output, one step at a time. You should be able to navigate the menu this way. (Never tried 1.0.0 myself but it sounds like a hassle!)

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #5,081 of 18,652
I think it used the capacitive switch on the connector.  I think what you had to do was touch the end of your headphone jack to the port and the menu would move in one direction. 

Use a headphone jack to move the menu options downwards. To move the selector updates, each flip of the lock switch will move it up one option. Newer firmwares support the use of the volume buttons to move the selector. The on/off buttons acts as an enter key. I prefer the headphone jack option because it allows me to very quickly go down the options instead of having to do multiple presses on the volume keys. Touchscreen doesn't work in recovery mode, for good reasons.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/680472/dx50-bug-list-wish-list-fix/420#post_9816949

And see here also: http://www.head-fi.org/t/680472/dx50-bug-list-wish-list-fix/120#post_9796666

you don't plug the headphone into the coaxial port you'll just damage things.  It's a touch thing.

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:30 AM Post #5,082 of 18,652
Why? What are you waiting for? ... Great value little DAP.

I've got the HiSound Studio V 3rd anv. which I like the sound of but he UI is meh, as you probably know.  I am biding my time to see whether this player is worth a try.  Leaning toward, 'yes' at the moment, but a buddy has one in for service, and is waiting to get it back.  I want to hear how his works out for him before making a final decision.

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #5,084 of 18,652
  managed to get it moving, im guessing i need to select apply update from external storage? if so mine has nothing inside even though i had the img file in the microsd

Great! Please share how you did, in as great detail as possible so we can add it to the FAQ!

Right, back to business. Is the update.img in the root of your sd card?

Oct 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #5,085 of 18,652
  Great! Please share how you did, in as great detail as possible so we can add it to the FAQ!

Right, back to business. Is the update.img in the root of your sd card?

yeah i used the end of my headphones connector to simply touch the rim of the coaxial port and it moved. yeah i think its in the root since i just opened the microsd page and just dropped it in there. i tried putting it in a folder too but i cant seem to find it. all i have in the card is just that update.img file. exFAT should be the correct format for my microsdxc card right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back