The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 26, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #5,103 of 18,652
Just pulled the trigger on a batch-7 DX50, shipping `October 30th` .  .   .   

popcorn.gif

Oct 26, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #5,104 of 18,652
Planning buy Fiio E12 is it realy give a boost to my DX50 + Marshall Monitor? Sorry for my bad English.

Oct 26, 2013 at 5:19 PM Post #5,109 of 18,652
Would I need to buy an amp for my W4R earphones with the DX50? Currently I have the D-Zero; but I was looking at getting the new Leckerton UHA760. Does the DX have cross feed? Thanks.

Oct 26, 2013 at 7:59 PM Post #5,110 of 18,652
Would I need to buy an amp for my W4R earphones with the DX50? Currently I have the D-Zero; but I was looking at getting the new Leckerton UHA760. Does the DX have cross feed? Thanks.

The DX50 works just fine without an amp but if you want to amp it, the new Leckerton amp should most likely be fantastic, I would wait though to get his version with coax in so you could use the DX50 as a transport.

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:11 PM Post #5,111 of 18,652
Finally I ordered a DX50 to MP4NATION. It will come with the Brainwavz R3, and here is my dilema. I could sell it and buy another IEM. Do you think the Brainwavz R3 pairs nicely with the DX50?. I’m a litle bit concerned the DX50 is cold and lacks of dynamism. Currently my Sansa Clip and the EPH-100 are funny to listen to electronic or dubstep, but I’m not so happy for jazz (mainly saxo) or classic. I expect a big change with the DX50, but I would appreciate your suggestions to select a nice IEMs. I was thinking to buy a GR07 Bass Edition (although it exceeds my budget).

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #5,113 of 18,652
  Finally I ordered a DX50 to MP4NATION. It will come with the Brainwavz R3, and here is my dilema. I could sell it and buy another IEM. Do you think the Brainwavz R3 pairs nicely with the DX50?. I’m a litle bit concerned the DX50 is cold and lacks of dynamism. Currently my Sansa Clip and the EPH-100 are funny to listen to electronic or dubstep, but I’m not so happy for jazz (mainly saxo) or classic. I expect a big change with the DX50, but I would appreciate your suggestions to select a nice IEMs. I was thinking to buy a GR07 Bass Edition (although it exceeds my budget).

Buddy you will love the R3 for Jazz and other vocal or mids oriented music, in fact I like with them with all my music, I just think the mids are the R3's greatest asset. Just make sure to leave the DX50 and R3 playing for 24 hours at least before you make your verdict, as before burn in they sound quite lack lustre. The R3 have a very unique presentation, no other iem is quite like them, they are warm, thick, euphoric and sensual, they pair excellently with the DX50's spacious, refined sound

Although I'm not a fan of the fit, the memory wire is to long, and the large housings can hinder stable insertion, just don't give up though, after trying nearly a dozen tips a found some that would keep the R3 in my ears, I still don't rate the R3 as comfy, but that's only because I've never rated any over the ear design comfy, my ears are weird for that :p I really love the R3 sound though.

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:29 PM Post #5,114 of 18,652
By the way ibasso confirmed that they are releasing a new amp in a couple months, the P5! I for one will get it to pair with the DX50, I have been a huge fan of the previous P3+ and P4, customizing an amps sound is unbeatable IMO, I don't know how people can buy all those other amps and just live with one sound, or have to buy a bunch of amps for different sound sigs :S Just get an ibasso! I wonder what they are going to do with the P5, no doubt its gonna be a great pairing with the DX50, pretty excited about it 
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #5,115 of 18,652
I've tried doing this a couple times, but my ibasso is saying the newest firmware update is invalid.  Has anyone figured out a work around if they ran into the issue?

2 reasons I can think of for that happening:

1. Corrupt download. Re-download the iBasso zip file.
2. Copying the .img from the downloaded file without first extracting it. You need to right click on the downloaded file then select "Extract" and pick a destination for the extracted files. Your desktop is a good easy to find location. There will be 2 files, the Update.img and Readme.txt. The extracted update.img file is the one you copy to the root of the DX50 internal memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back