The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 23, 2013 at 1:20 AM Post #4,666 of 18,652

Has anyone else noticed what appears to be a toggle switch beneath the rear cover?

Oct 23, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #4,667 of 18,652
Is the P/N EB-L1G6LLA? or SC07?

Recently bought a genuine Samsung Galaxy SIII battery, it is "made in Japan, assembled in China" (like the left one in the previous post) and the part number on the box is "Model: EB-L1G6". The SQ does seem to be a bit better, can't comment yet on battery life (put it in yesterday, but haven't had much time to listen to music, unfortunately - so it's still on the first charge).

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:46 AM Post #4,670 of 18,652
Oct 23, 2013 at 4:00 AM Post #4,671 of 18,652
  Recently bought a genuine Samsung Galaxy SIII battery, it is "made in Japan, assembled in China" (like the left one in the previous post) and the part number on the box is "Model: EB-L1G6". The SQ does seem to be a bit better, can't comment yet on battery life (put it in yesterday, but haven't had much time to listen to music, unfortunately - so it's still on the first charge).

I've been trying to track down one of these Made in Japan S3 batteries with no luck, All the sellers I've asked say all their batteries are Made in Korea :frowning2:  A couple sellers even said Samsung  no longer manufacture in Japan and all new stock is from Korea.

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #4,672 of 18,652
Not quite. I sold my AK120 3 days after getting the dx50 (first batch on 1.00 firmware).

/1up'ed :D

Kidding aside, GLWS!
I was the same.....having listened to the DX50 with my CIEM's I very quickly decided that the "sound for pound" difference between the AK120 and DX50 was negligible and sold my AK120 within the week.

For the cost, iBasso have really excelled themselves.....having owned the DX50 for two weeks now, I really have no complaints about the stability of the FW or the player itself......this really is an amazing piece of kit.

Oct 23, 2013 at 4:48 AM Post #4,673 of 18,652
Update for those in batch 6:

I emailed iBasso and got this response:

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
We shipped your order yesterday.
Your SF-express tracking number is -----------.

Best Regards,
iBasso Audio

This is an internal China courier - it is already at the Shenzhen depot - So I hope to have it Friday when I return from a business trip.

So at least some of batch 6 shipped on Tuesday October 22.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #4,674 of 18,652
Ordered mine from MP4Nation on 30/9 when was told they have stock. Few days later they told me no stock, need to wait till 22/10 with an upgraded IEM. Just got the items 2 hours ago. Playing with ER4P at low gain, vol 200; or with the 75ohm impedance adapter on high gain, vol 210. With impedance adapter, definitely more refined detail especially the mid section and improve low end punch. No noticeable hiss. Also plug it into cMoyBB (2x9v, AD8620), dont think there is much improvement. Will try it with my DT880/600 and Q701 next few days. As of now, i am hearing much more detail i never knew existed in my collection of FLAC and 320mp3 :)

Question, how often do you guys "shutdown" the system when u r done playing? Not sure should I do that or not coz next startup takes like a minute or so.

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #4,675 of 18,652
Placed an order in MP4nation. Just couldn't resist 
biggrin.gif

Oct 23, 2013 at 5:47 AM Post #4,677 of 18,652
My New Setup - DX50+T1+ER4S. Match made in Heaven IMO.

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #4,678 of 18,652
Just wanted to informa people, since I have having some problems with scanning my MSD card, that my new card, of same brand - Sandisk 64 GB class 10 that I received after RMA works without a flaw.
I finally enjoy the DX50 a lot more now. I don't have to deal with any tag changing or copy in order etc. Just plug it in and copy files to it and slap it in the DX50 and scan. Finished in under 10 minutes. Follow up scan on adding more songs from 34 GB to 52 GB took only a minute roughly.

I guess that somehow the card reader is sensible, or the MicroSD cards needs to be checked carefully for faults. It worked OK on my computer, but when I clocked the transfer rate in copying data to it, it was not as fast as it should be, but not much.

Still, if you have these problems with reading SD cards, it could be good to try another card and not add too much in the first go - and also I had a few records on the internal memory first to see if my unit was faulty.
i can't back this up as a thing that worked - it was rather the "ritual" that I did and it worked and I don't question it :D Too glad to listening to Through the never soundtrack on my M50's and Senn HD25-1 II:)

Also, paring them with the Sennheiser Momentum for more melodic music is great IMHO :)

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:37 AM Post #4,679 of 18,652
  Just wanted to informa people, since I have having some problems with scanning my MSD card, that my new card, of same brand - Sandisk 64 GB class 10 that I received after RMA works without a flaw.

I'm also experiencing massive problems with my Micro SD card, same model as yours. Yesterday I had to reformat it, because it was detected as write protected in my computer. Scanning of the card never works, with scanning of folders I mostly have to hard switch off the device, cause the scanning stalls, then restart, re-enter the folder and hopefully I can play some music. So the procedure for me is mostly:
Take card out of DX50, put in PC card reader, copy music over, put in DX50, start, hard switch off because scanning stalls, restart, enter a folder, hard switch off again, cause scanning fails, turn on again, re-enter folder, play music (hopefully). So very painful at the moment.

Could you post a link to the exact model of card that you bought and I'll try my luck.:)

Oct 23, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #4,680 of 18,652
  I'm also experiencing massive problems with my Micro SD card, same model as yours. Yesterday I had to reformat it, because it was detected as write protected in my computer. Scanning of the card never works, with scanning of folders I mostly have to hard switch off the device, cause the scanning stalls, then restart, re-enter the folder and hopefully I can play some music. So the procedure for me is mostly:
Take card out of DX50, put in PC card reader, copy music over, put in DX50, start, hard switch off because scanning stalls, restart, enter a folder, hard switch off again, cause scanning fails, turn on again, re-enter folder, play music (hopefully). So very painful at the moment.

Could you post a link to the exact model of card that you bought and I'll try my luck.:)

I have this card: SanDisk microSDHC Mobile Ultra 64GB (Class 10) (SDXC) .
But I had the same problems as you refer to above with the same model of card - but I RMA:ed the card and received a new one that worked. The card was bought at on online Swedish computer online retailer. But here is an Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQUA-064G-U46A/dp/B007WTAJTO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382529078&sr=8-2&keywords=SanDisk+microSDHC+Mobile+Ultra+64GB+%28Class+10%29+%28SDXC%29+.

Good luck! I was so frustrated I was about to kick the thing through the wall - or more carefully make it into some sort of OTG Flash player...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back