The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 23, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #4,682 of 18,652
  I'm also experiencing massive problems with my Micro SD card, same model as yours. Yesterday I had to reformat it, because it was detected as write protected in my computer. Scanning of the card never works, with scanning of folders I mostly have to hard switch off the device, cause the scanning stalls, then restart, re-enter the folder and hopefully I can play some music. So the procedure for me is mostly:
Take card out of DX50, put in PC card reader, copy music over, put in DX50, start, hard switch off because scanning stalls, restart, enter a folder, hard switch off again, cause scanning fails, turn on again, re-enter folder, play music (hopefully). So very painful at the moment.

Could you post a link to the exact model of card that you bought and I'll try my luck.:)

Did you by any chance, use copyinorder to put all the folder on the sd-card? I did that, and the DX50 would only scan ~3 folders per time, which means 3 artists in my case. 

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #4,683 of 18,652
  I'm also experiencing massive problems with my Micro SD card, same model as yours. Yesterday I had to reformat it, because it was detected as write protected in my computer. Scanning of the card never works, with scanning of folders I mostly have to hard switch off the device, cause the scanning stalls, then restart, re-enter the folder and hopefully I can play some music. So the procedure for me is mostly:
Take card out of DX50, put in PC card reader, copy music over, put in DX50, start, hard switch off because scanning stalls, restart, enter a folder, hard switch off again, cause scanning fails, turn on again, re-enter folder, play music (hopefully). So very painful at the moment.

Could you post a link to the exact model of card that you bought and I'll try my luck.:)

I have this card: SanDisk microSDHC Mobile Ultra 64GB (Class 10) (SDXC) .
But I had the same problems as you refer to above with the same model of card - but I RMA:ed the card and received a new one that worked. The card was bought at on online Swedish computer online retailer. But here is an Amazon link:
http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter-SDSDQUA-064G-U46A/dp/B007WTAJTO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1382529078&sr=8-2&keywords=SanDisk+microSDHC+Mobile+Ultra+64GB+%28Class+10%29+%28SDXC%29+.

Good luck! I was so frustrated I was about to kick the thing through the wall - or more carefully make it into some sort of OTG Flash player...

Thanks. I'll give it a try, although this is the exact same card I have. Hope it will work the same as for you.:)

Did you by any chance, use copyinorder to put all the folder on the sd-card? I did that, and the DX50 would only scan ~3 folders per time, which means 3 artists in my case. 

If it's SanDisk, just send it back:
http://www.phonearena.com/news/SanDisk-says-it-produced-some-bad-32GB-and-64GB-microSD-cards_id40986

Oct 23, 2013 at 8:36 AM Post #4,684 of 18,652

Has anyone else noticed what appears to be a toggle switch beneath the rear cover?

i believe that's just a grounding pin for the rear battery cover. notice how there is a bit of exposed metal on the cover for the pin.

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #4,688 of 18,652
I was dead set on getting the Intruder, now I've "discovered" the Alo International. $100 cheaper, aparrently good with IEMs as well and some report it to be more neutral than the RSA. But the size doesn't line up nearly as well as the Intruder when stacking with the DX50: http://socialcompare.com/en/tools/compare-sizes/dx50-vs-alo-international-vs-rsa-intruder-1zl0th82

Argh! Too many choices!

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #4,690 of 18,652
I was dead set on getting the Intruder, now I've "discovered" the Alo International. $100 cheaper, aparrently good with IEMs as well and some report it to be more neutral than the RSA. But the size doesn't line up nearly as well as the Intruder when stacking with the DX50: http://socialcompare.com/en/tools/compare-sizes/dx50-vs-alo-international-vs-rsa-intruder-1zl0th82

Argh! Too many choices!

I think you mentioned wanting to use your setup at work I believe, how about the iBasso D12? It's cheaper and it works marvel with the coax in, you can also use it as a dac. Just another suggestion. :wink:

Oct 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM Post #4,691 of 18,652
Depends on what you like - tubey mids, mellow, dynamic etc.

Portaphile 627x, Apex Glacier etc..

For the ALO Continental, make sure its v2 or higher. The V1 didn't have the gain control
wink.gif

I was looking at the Intruder and the International - to try going balanced 
wink.gif

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:03 AM Post #4,692 of 18,652
Recently bought a genuine Samsung Galaxy SIII battery, it is "made in Japan, assembled in China" (like the left one in the previous post) and the part number on the box is "Model: EB-L1G6". The SQ does seem to be a bit better, can't comment yet on battery life (put it in yesterday, but haven't had much time to listen to music, unfortunately - so it's still on the first charge).

You mean this?

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #4,693 of 18,652
this is not a switch....it's just a pin.

see picture where someone open up their dx50 and the red rectangle is the 'switch' that you see :) hopefully you didnt go twist it yet...

Thanks for your feedback. I didn't dare touch it for fear that doing so would convert its HO to DX100 or AK120 quality. ;-p

Oct 23, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #4,694 of 18,652
I was looking at the Intruder and the International - to try going balanced :wink:

oops misread lol
those alo naming is abit confusing haha

I suggest going for the international. intruder might be too powerful for iems :wink:

but the problem with the international is you need a balanced input to get a true balanced output (please correct me if i'm wrong). The intruder on the other hand, converts single ended to balanced internally (phase splitter) so you always have balanced out.

EDIT: I stand corrected the international also splits the SE signal. My vote goes to the International :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back