The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 20, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #4,503 of 18,652
People really like the C&C BH amp! I'd buy it in a heartbeat if I could get it somewhere in europe. 

Here is a great amplifier for you and it's made in UK. Neco is a great guy to deal with. The Portable V3S is the smaller version.

Oct 20, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #4,505 of 18,652
pOO, best way is enjoy your dx50 now and take your time to decide if you really want amp or not. from what i hear dx50 output stage is pretty good on its own.

I've now tried the Electric Avenues PA2V2 and found it's a step down in sound compared to the DX50's internal amp. Okay, the PA2V2 might be targeted towards larger sized headphones and less CIEMs. I found it sounding with less defined highs and muddy mids. Any amp recommendations to improve the DX50 sound?
I've read about the Tralucent T1 to be a pretty perfect match, improving the sound quite a lot.

I already find the DX50 sound very good and I'm discovering new details in well known albums, but there's always room for improvement, isn't it? :wink:

HI All

With very Good Amps For sure can get improvement In better Way With The SQ

Please try The Tralucent T1 amp , it is One OF The best Synergy With DX 50

IMO

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #4,508 of 18,652
The DX50 doesn't have the greatest depth and separation at this point (could change with next FW update 1.2.2) but what I do like is the overall musical presentation. To me it is very cohesive and fluid. I have to admit that amping is also a lot of fun and can really open things up but I like both. Live music, at least much of what I have heard and that is many different types of music and venues, often never has the detail that you get with a good speaker system or headphone system but to compensate for the lack of everything else in real live music, we get hyper details and separation to make up for this. IMO. 

That the DX50 does so very well with an amp goes to show how well the dac section is implemented. I have the AK100 that bypasses the 22 ohm resistors on the output, which for me made the sound of the AK100 a no go but removal easily brought it up a notch or two, and enjoy the sound and while different, I do not find the DX50 any less a dap to the modified AK100 and this at about 1/3 the cost. Build quality as I have mentioned is great on both. I have torn down both units and internally the AK100 has nothing over the DX50. 

We are getting so many good daps now. A dry spell for quite some time, IMO, with the last good dap being the iRiver h120/140 and rockboxed but that has all changed. I see that the 120 and 140 that could go for 250 and more is now around 100 to 150 dollars. Good stuff coming down the pike. 

I am agree With you Jamato8
DX 50 is very Good DAP For The price

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:39 PM Post #4,509 of 18,652
  The DX50 doesn't have the greatest depth and separation at this point (could change with next FW update 1.2.2) but what I do like is the overall musical presentation. To me it is very cohesive and fluid. I have to admit that amping is also a lot of fun and can really open things up but I like both. Live music, at least much of what I have heard and that is many different types of music and venues, often never has the detail that you get with a good speaker system or headphone system but to compensate for the lack of everything else in real live music, we get hyper details and separation to make up for this. IMO. 

That the DX50 does so very well with an amp goes to show how well the dac section is implemented. I have the AK100 that bypasses the 22 ohm resistors on the output, which for me made the sound of the AK100 a no go but removal easily brought it up a notch or two, and enjoy the sound and while different, I do not find the DX50 any less a dap to the modified AK100 and this at about 1/3 the cost. Build quality as I have mentioned is great on both. I have torn down both units and internally the AK100 has nothing over the DX50. 

We are getting so many good daps now. A dry spell for quite some time, IMO, with the last good dap being the iRiver h120/140 and rockboxed but that has all changed. I see that the 120 and 140 that could go for 250 and more is now around 100 to 150 dollars. Good stuff coming down the pike. 

you mean the next fw update is 1.2.2?

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #4,510 of 18,652
sorry guys if this has been already discussed but can you get a car charger for the DX50?  Mine ran out on me on the road and what a huge letdown it was to have to pull out the iphone 5 and listen to that crappy sounding player.  

I am completely happy with my DX50 purchase.  I've mostly only listened to it plugged into my vehicles where I have spent a lot of time listening to my various ipods and wow this player is so much better.  

Oct 20, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #4,512 of 18,652
  sorry guys if this has been already discussed but can you get a car charger for the DX50?  Mine ran out on me on the road and what a huge letdown it was to have to pull out the iphone 5 and listen to that crappy sounding player.  

I am completely happy with my DX50 purchase.  I've mostly only listened to it plugged into my vehicles where I have spent a lot of time listening to my various ipods and wow this player is so much better.  

It's micro-usb. They're are a million devices that use it, every gas station will have a charger that works for it...

Oct 21, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #4,514 of 18,652
Going off on a tangent here but I am close to pulling the trigger on a DX50 and was wondering if anyone can offer impressions on how it pairs with

KEF M500
Sennheiser Momentum
Sennheiser HD595
Sennheiser IE80

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

HD595, The short answer: Yes, the HD595 pairs well.

HD595, The long answer: The HD595 is my workhorse headphone getting the majority of my listening time with the DX50 due to the conflicts of my active interactive lifestyle. I wear this combo to bed. The reason I love the HD595s so much is because they are one of the best low volume HPs around extending both directions with believable sub bass at the lowest of volumes. While the DX50 cannot drive my NT6 Pros or my LCDs effectively at low volumes causing the sound to fall apart, the HD595 pairs well with extraordinary detail and space between instruments at the lowest of volumes. At higher volumes though, the HD595 cannot keep up with my NT6 Pros or my LCDs in terms of slam, but hold their own recreating the most delicate of details for a rich, full spectrum sound. 

When I add my BH2 amp to the mix, the NT6 and LCD scale nicely, but it doesn't add much for the HD595. The HD595 seems to work the best straight from the headphone out which I consider good news as it simplifies my setup.

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:18 AM Post #4,515 of 18,652
I have two folders on my DX50 which are listed as "LOST.DIR" one of these is on the internal storage of my DX50 and the other is on my 64Gb Sandisk Micro SD card.

I assume that these are more than likely files that have been deleted at some point.....however I cannot get rid of them.....I have tried deleting them but they just keep re-appearing. Can anybody advise as to what they actually are and if they are deleted albums or files...how I can get rid of them??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back