The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #4,531 of 18,652
Welp, thanks head-fi, really.

I've just spent €300 on the jds labs O2, C5, and cable components to make the interconnects. 
Actually that's fairly little for two highly regarded amps, and good cable components. Oh god, I've been brainwashed.

But stll, new gear incoming :3

Congrats mate, welcome aboard the crazy train, if you feel need for a straight jacket to prevent reaching for your wallet, don't worry, you can buy them too! It only gets worse once obtaining the bug and the hobby for most never ends.

Oct 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #4,532 of 18,652
  Just got my DX-50 and have so far so good. I was wondering about the USB OTG. Will this work with an OTG cable and regular (Sandisk) USB flash drive? I see some OTG flash drives out there, but the cable and a 32 GB or 64 GB Sandisk (or similar) is probably less expensive. Thanks. 

Yes. I have an OTG to female USB cable and use 128 Gb flash drives, no problem. I also use a 1 Tb POWERED external HD for transportable, also works well.

Kevin

Oct 21, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #4,533 of 18,652
My 4.Ai was fine with all of my other amps and sources. I too am using Comply tips--maybe I've been using the wrong size?

If it sounds fine with your other amps and sources, then I wouldn't blame the tips. I find it odd that you get hiss and I don't... Too bad that we don't live close to eachother so we could try swapping DX50's 
smily_headphones1.gif

what model of comply tips are using on 4.ai?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

Oct 21, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #4,536 of 18,652
  My kids saw my K10 a few weeks ago: 

Kids: "Wow dad, is that real gold?"
Me: "Sure is!"
Kids: "AWESOME! You're the coolest dad ever!"
Wife (arms crossed, with a voice 2 degrees above absolute zero): "How much?"

So... how did you exactly explain such to your wife?

Oct 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #4,539 of 18,652
  Welp, thanks head-fi, really.

I've just spent €300 on the jds labs O2, C5, and cable components to make the interconnects. 
Actually that's fairly little for two highly regarded amps, and good cable components. Oh god, I've been brainwashed.

But stll, new gear incoming :3

I thought the O2 & C5 had very similar sound signature based on the review I read. So why buying two similar portable (O2 somewhat portable I know) ?

Oct 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM Post #4,541 of 18,652

I thought the O2 & C5 had very similar sound signature based on the review I read. So why buying two similar portable (O2 somewhat portable I know) ?

Isn't that obvious? Because I'm cray-cray?

Well actually, you are very right, if I feel that the C5 has good synergy with my CE BA4fs, I think I'll sell the O2. Unless the O2 is noticeably better sounding. 

But maybe I will just keep both since the O2 isn't really portable, yet the C5 is and I don't want to reattach the amp to my desktop DAC every day.

Then there's the crazy part again, and I just want to own the O2 in case I ever get more 'needy' headphones. And I obviously just to grow my hifi collection!

Oct 21, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #4,545 of 18,652
Can someone confirm if iBasso said that USB Audio would never be supported or even possible on the DX50?   Thanks!

Never say never :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back