The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 15, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #4,111 of 18,652
  Sad that ibasso didnt deliver 5th batch to mp4nation
So i got mail from mp4nation that i will have a 6th batch on 24 october and  mp4nation offerd a brainwavz r3 iem for free
tongue.gif

I hope to get soon
popcorn.gif

lets hope that that the 6th batch will sound even better than the 5th 
biggrin.gif
 I'm interested to hear what Mike says next regarding the sound changes of batch 6. Also the Brainwavs R3 are very nice earphones, should pair up well with the dx50.

Oct 15, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #4,113 of 18,652
Has anyone tried the DX50 with the Ibasso T5? This to is a relatively small balanced amp.

The T5 does not have a balanced output.

Oct 15, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #4,121 of 18,652
just received it. So happy with the quality, the 1st sight of the player, is, WOW! Look at the quality and the design, I love the 3 huge front buttons! But not until I found out the vol up button having a QC issue :frowning2: hmmm. It is very hard to feel the pressing in "click" as if the button is defective, though it is working, but it is somehow does not have a good click like other buttons and it is needed to press hard to make sure it works. Sigh, everyone knows that it is such a trouble to return it just for a working but not so good vol up button :frowning2: Gonna open up the player and see if I could fix it :frowning2:

Oct 16, 2013 at 12:19 AM Post #4,123 of 18,652
The DX50 > Scherzo Andante combination is outstanding. IMO, this combination outperforms my DX100. Of course the Andante should be considered transportable rather than portable due to its size and weight. Size is about that of 3 stacked CD jewel boxes and is fairly heavy due to the internal SLA batteries.

Wow, thats high praise. I demoed a modded DX100 before with enhanced ICs and balance phone out. That thing sounded so silky smooth and I think it is better than the HM901, but it took around 10 minutes to get it to play the track I want...
I searched around and found that there are not much discussions on this Scherzo Andante amp, quite strange since it is reasonably priced...

Oct 16, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #4,124 of 18,652

Got my gs3 battery today and I hear SQ improvements across the board but it could be just expectation bias. I haven't yet swapped back to the old battery yet. I'm enjoying this too much. I'm listening to this battery at 5 notches less than before

Oct 16, 2013 at 2:58 AM Post #4,125 of 18,652

Got my gs3 battery today and I hear SQ improvements across the board but it could be just expectation bias. I haven't yet swapped back to the old battery yet. I'm enjoying this too much. I'm listening to this battery at 5 notches less than before

i have gs3 battery too as i was a S3 user....i couldnt feel anything change after switch battery .. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back