The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 30, 2013 at 1:56 PM Post #2,971 of 18,652
Firstly, thanks for uploading it to your own servers Soren.

I am having the same problem with this firmware update as I did with the previous one. Firstly when trying to update, it says 'Firmware invalid' or something to that effect. Then, I try it again and it never progresses past 'Find and check firmware'. Last time I just kept restarting the DX50 until it managed to find it, so hopefully this works this time around.

Sep 30, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #2,972 of 18,652
Thanks Soren you are the man!

Firstly, thanks for uploading it to your own servers Soren.

I am having the same problem with this firmware update as I did with the previous one. Firstly when trying to update, it says 'Firmware invalid' or something to that effect. Then, I try it again and it never progresses past 'Find and check firmware'. Last time I just kept restarting the DX50 until it managed to find it, so hopefully this works this time around.

Happy to help! I'll load up the new FW now myself and see if my DX50 blows up or not.
To all you new kids who are doing your first FW update, remember to actually read the readme.txt and you'll be fine 
beerchug.gif

Sep 30, 2013 at 2:16 PM Post #2,973 of 18,652

New firmware is out: 1.2.0
Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50Firmware_V1.2.0.zip
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50Firmware_V1.2.0.zip

Functions Added:
1, Playlist function added;
2, Support CUE;
3, Support multi-language.

Awesome. Would like to know how the support for CUE performs (for both APE and FLAC).

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:09 PM Post #2,980 of 18,652
I have not found a direct review between this and the HM602.  I have a few more weeks to decide if I want to keep or return my HM601LE (HM602 minus the USB DAC functionality).  I prefer feedback from members who owns or had owned the two concurrently, and has past the state of the "oh boy, new toy" syndrome, and has listened through them with Grado or Etymotic headphone/earphone using FLAC or WAV files.  Thanks in advance.

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #2,981 of 18,652
I have not found a direct review between this and the HM602.  I have a few more weeks to decide if I want to keep or return my HM601LE (HM602 minus the USB DAC functionality).  I prefer feedback from members who owns or had owned the two concurrently, and has past the state of the "oh boy, new toy" syndrome, and has listened through them with Grado or Etymotic headphone/earphone using FLAC or WAV files.  Thanks in advance.

Would you like the reviewer to be wearing a blue or a white shirt? What are your preferences in regards to footwear?

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #2,982 of 18,652
Would you like the reviewer to be wearing a blue or a white shirt? What are your preferences in regards to footwear?

Hemp sandals.

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:20 PM Post #2,984 of 18,652
Ha Ha.  I'm being serious here.  I was hoping some specific specs would avoid any additional posts of sarcasm and meaningless context.

You were asking for an absurdly specific review, hence my sarcastic reply.

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:22 PM Post #2,985 of 18,652

New firmware is out: 1.2.0
Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50Firmware_V1.2.0.zip
http://www.ibasso.com/download/DX50Firmware_V1.2.0.zip

Functions Added:
1, Playlist function added;
2, Support CUE;
3, Support multi-language.

Ok downloaded firmware unzipped it and up in Root dir of unit. Did firm firm update which ran on unit but on reboot it is stuck at "Ibasso Audio Digital Audio Player" Screen. Forced shut down and rebooted 10 times now and even trid removing battery and replacing it. No Joy. I can connect it to the computer by USB and access disks but unit will not start up. Any help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back