The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #2,671 of 18,652
  When iBasso DX50 becomes stable it's going to be a real winner because I enjoy the UI and touch screen very much, also sound with the correct pairing.

Any problems I encounter are pretty far between. My unit has been running almost a week without any issue before my problem tonight, so I'll say my DX50 runs a lot more than it doesn't, probably about 10% problems - 90% running, it's just when members report problems here it seems to really become exposed and over spoken about and mostly by readers or observers, which is fair enough because they're curious. I think if DX50 was having such problems that were vital we'd see many people returning their units saying things like... I can't handle this, I can't do this anymore, rubbish etc but we're not, everyone's pretty happy for the time being..... It's really just teething problems imo.

keep in mind people also more likely to complain if there's something wrong, than to say anything if all is well. seeing that iBasso is on their 5th batch soon, thats 1800 units shipped, and a handful of issues, some that have been fixed with the latest firmware upgrade. not stellar when it comes to electronics, but pretty amazing considering iBasso is a small company, and their product has only been out for a month. 

cant wait for mine to come in!

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #2,672 of 18,652

keep in mind people also more likely to complain if there's something wrong, than to say anything if all is well. seeing that iBasso is on their 5th batch soon, thats 1800 units shipped, and a handful of issues, some that have been fixed with the latest firmware upgrade. not stellar when it comes to electronics, but pretty amazing considering iBasso is a small company, and their product has only been out for a month. 

Yes, they're pumping them out like wildfire. I couldn't believe how quick the 4th batch went recently.

Sep 25, 2013 at 9:41 AM Post #2,673 of 18,652

Good observation, 1800 units is not a tiny batch by any means so it's pretty good, I'd say their hardware QA has to be good. They mentioned they checked every unit before shipping so they really want to eliminate their defects.

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #2,674 of 18,652
If you have access to somewhere quiet enough, can you try to see if you could hear some faint but very pitch screeching noises when you turn the screen off? That's in addition to the background hiss. My hiss was the least on mid gain. Low gain was more, and high gain is just slightly more than mid.

Just tried with other iems and headphones, can only hear lots of hiss with the 4.A. Using the line out to a T1 it helps a lot, can hear it if I turn it up past my normal listening volumes, so it's ok.

I can't hear this screeching noise you mention. Is it while music is playing or not? 

edit: Been using GoldfishX's eq settings on the bottom of page 68, I'm really enjoying this player a lot so far!
So thanks GoldfishX!

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:38 AM Post #2,677 of 18,652
I can't hear this screeching noise you mention. Is it while music is playing or not? 

It's present with or without music, but its really only noticeable for a number of seconds right after you turn the screen off. Try it on low or high gain. Plug your earphones in, pause a song, hear to the hiss and then try turning on and off your screen. A good seal and a quiet place helps.

Sep 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM Post #2,678 of 18,652
I'm reading lots of good things here.

Question-I got a vamp verza for my dad to pair with his iPod and shure se535. Would this be an upgrade in SQ for him?? (Verza was 3 times the price!!!!). Thanks.

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #2,679 of 18,652
I have a Go Dap X upgraded to 10 ohms and LME49860.
I think there is not that much difference between the two.
The DX50 sounds like it has a wider sound stage but not on every track I hear.
Only when I pair the DX50 with my Pico Slim does it beat the Go Dap X.
So I would say that its not that much of a step up in quality against my Go Dap X but I have not heard the Vamp Verza.

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:57 AM Post #2,680 of 18,652
  My touch screen just become totally unresponsive, hard resetting or powering on & off did nothing, tapping away at the screen with it simply staring back at me. 

After trying a few things I went lethal and pulled the battery out followed by spamming the power button.

Had the same exact problem this morning, and solved it the exact same way 
normal_smile .gif

Sep 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM Post #2,681 of 18,652
  Overall it is a better player than the DX100....it wins in every category except SQ.  I still believe after all the back and forth listening (I listen to the DX100 @ work and DX50 when I'm loungin @ home), the DX50 is about 60-70% unamped compared to the DX100 unamped with the same IEMs.  It is a knock out (no brainer) @ the current price.  I think iBasso could raise the price by a $100 and it'd still be worth it....

Very much agree with most of what sensui123 said... but when I go back to the DX100, I'm REALLY happy to have that as well as the DX50 
biggrin.gif
 , as that 30-40% difference in SQ, to my ears, is quite apparent 

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #2,683 of 18,652
It's present with or without music, but its really only noticeable for a number of seconds right after you turn the screen off. Try it on low or high gain. Plug your earphones in, pause a song, hear to the hiss and then try turning on and off your screen. A good seal and a quiet place helps.

Gave it a go, I couldn't hear anything. I thought maybe I had a faulty unit, but hiss was only with the 4.A, so I guess mines all good.

Sep 25, 2013 at 2:41 PM Post #2,684 of 18,652
I wish when the dap powers off that it would be turned on by pressing the play button, that is such a standard behavior on my other players. Secondly why does the dap always start with the same tune as I last played when the dap was shutdown. It seems that auto power off does not change that, am I doing something wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back